• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

anyone here a LOST fan?

porkchop

I'm Heffer!!!
darkpenguin said:
haha new series on sky one last night, i am very happy indeed :D charlie is my fave character also Locke, hurley is awsome also, i felt really bad for him last season when his new girlfriend got killed, he seemed really happy with her aswell, the episode where he was seeing the person in his head made me laugh like hell. I didn't actually catch the episodes last night due to watching lord of the rings but it's repeated on wednesday night anyways!

How could you watch Lord of the Rings when Lost is on??!!! Dear, dear!!!
I think Lost is great, you guys in America have seen series 3, yeah?? Its just started here, so please dont tell me what happens!!! Though ive figured out Mr. Eko is dead,shame, but he bugged me anyway.
Its great to finally have something on TV worth watching!!!

kimber1

oh i keep forgeting y'all in the UK and such are a bit behind us :( ugh well soon enough y'all will be crying the blues alongside us with no LOST to watch till february.

KingNothing

Everyone tries to come up with these really elaborate theories of Lost that include every incident that's occurred. It seems to me the most plausible explanation is the simplest. In fact, it's already been revealed but so slowly you don't realize it.

First, I think you have to agree there is something beyond science on the island, a supernatural aspect. But science is involved too, since there are scientists there.

Now imagine you're a writer and you're given the following premise: "Scientists discovered a hidden island with mysterious properties they do not understand. A team was dispatched to investigate the island and perform various experiments. What they found was...."

From there on out you can pretty much add whatever you want to the storyline. You can add stuff that doesn't really make sense and blame it on the island. If the scientists in the story don't fully understand the island, then it doesn't have to be fully explained. And it won't.

This idea is in so many sci-fi films, but the writers of Lost have disguised it well. The biggest mystery is why are 'The Others' acting the way they are. My guess is they've found something about the island that they don't want to share.

I hope I'm wrong and there's some earth shattering revelation.

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
KingNothing said:
Everyone tries to come up with these really elaborate theories of Lost that include every incident that's occurred. It seems to me the most plausible explanation is the simplest. In fact, it's already been revealed but so slowly you don't realize it.

First, I think you have to agree there is something beyond science on the island, a supernatural aspect. But science is involved too, since there are scientists there.

Now imagine you're a writer and you're given the following premise: "Scientists discovered a hidden island with mysterious properties they do not understand. A team was dispatched to investigate the island and perform various experiments. What they found was...."

From there on out you can pretty much add whatever you want to the storyline. You can add stuff that doesn't really make sense and blame it on the island. If the scientists in the story don't fully understand the island, then it doesn't have to be fully explained. And it won't.

This idea is in so many sci-fi films, but the writers of Lost have disguised it well. The biggest mystery is why are 'The Others' acting the way they are. My guess is they've found something about the island that they don't want to share.

I hope I'm wrong and there's some earth shattering revelation.

Oh wow.

... it seems to make perfect sense. At any rate it gives me an excuse to watch the whole series again with this perspective, thanks!

Hope

Princesinha
Feathers in Hair said:
Desmond! *falls over, sighing* I love his accent dearly!

Me too! Mmmm....a Scot. Love them Scottish guys....:drool: He needs to be on the show more.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
They should have "The Desmond and Charlie Show"! Wait, come to think of it, I like Sayid's accent, too. Maybe the "Sayid, Desmond and Charlie Show"?

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
well lost has gotten off to a flying start and im still loving it and confused, am still thinking it might be a purgetory thing going on what with eko seeing the smoke and locke seeing a light? I'm hoping thats not the case though as i don't want to get to the end of it and be like 'huh so they were all dead?'

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Tonight's episode was the best one ever.

I won't spoil it, but to say that the story is finally moving again. Thank goodness.

XAAX

kimber1 said:
has anyone here become hopelessly addicted to this awesome series?

Heard it was a good show, but yet to have seen one episode. Is it a show worth watching? I don't spend much time in front of the TV. The few shows I do watch I have set to DVR so that I don't have to watch commercials and can just watch them when I have the free time...

Sola*5

Lost series 3 started over here on sunday and it was superb. Its such a great show, i'd recommend it to anyone.
The way it manages to answer loads of questions yet pose another ten, every episode, is spot on.
Is it series 4 in the states?

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I think tonight's was my favorite of this season so far. It focused on three of my favorite characters- Charlie, Desmond and Hurley. There was a bit of alarming news!

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
I'm really glad the new series has started again, it's looking to be a good one!

I watched the first ep of the Dresden files last night, really loved it which is strange for me to do after one episode.
I've been waiting for a series similar to Buffy to be realeased for a while and now it seems I have my wish :D!