• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

anyone here a LOST fan?

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
We are soooo addicted to Lost.

What's the character's name who met Jack before the island when he was running in the stadium? Is it Desmond?

Anyway I am intrigued with his character and the implication that he has some kind of ESP or something.

We have come up with numerous theories but none seem to fit. For a while we were all convinced everyone on the island (the Hurley episodes) was in a coma or catatonic, now .... who knows.

I'd like to hear everyone's best theories and clues!

Fluffy

A fool
Frankly I hope they do not explain it. The main appeal of Lost is the mystery and any explanation will seem lame in comparison. If anyone has watched the Prisoner and the final episode then they might know the sort of thing I mean.

I have no idea how they are going to explain the Monster. Smoke and mirrors won't cut it, hallucination won't cut it and the creators have stated that they wish to avoid sci-fi explanations. But here we have a creature that can shape shift, has almost omniscient knowledge of a person's past and appears to be intelligent or controlled by an intelligence.

I wonder if the guy with the eye patch is related to the monster in some way? The Others have made no acknowledgement of it up until this point.

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
Fluffy said:
Frankly I hope they do not explain it. The main appeal of Lost is the mystery and any explanation will seem lame in comparison. If anyone has watched the Prisoner and the final episode then they might know the sort of thing I mean.

I have no idea how they are going to explain the Monster. Smoke and mirrors won't cut it, hallucination won't cut it and the creators have stated that they wish to avoid sci-fi explanations. But here we have a creature that can shape shift, has almost omniscient knowledge of a person's past and appears to be intelligent or controlled by an intelligence.

I wonder if the guy with the eye patch is related to the monster in some way? The Others have made no acknowledgement of it up until this point.

As to explanations:
Well speaking for myself only, I think it would be deceitful NOT to have an explanation and the result would be loss of audience and ratings. This is one reason why I quit watching the X-files, they kept telling us there were going to be answers then they'd just move onto something else without explanation.

As to the Monster:
So do you think the monster and the smoke might have something to do with the polar bears? Could the Others be trapped in a situation resulting from DNA experiments gone wrong, the monster/smoke/polar bears being a part of it?

And someone tell me why Kate didn't tell Jack the Others were going to execute Sawyer, when they handed her the walkie-talkie!! (No! No! I can't leave you! By the way we were in the middle of something here, can I call you back later?)

Wazzup wit dat...

kimber1

Moon Woman said:
As to explanations:
Well speaking for myself only, I think it would be deceitful NOT to have an explanation and the result would be loss of audience and ratings. This is one reason why I quit watching the X-files, they kept telling us there were going to be answers then they'd just move onto something else without explanation.

As to the Monster:
So do you think the monster and the smoke might have something to do with the polar bears? Could the Others be trapped in a situation resulting from DNA experiments gone wrong, the monster/smoke/polar bears being a part of it?

And someone tell me why Kate didn't tell Jack the Others were going to execute Sawyer, when they handed her the walkie-talkie!! (No! No! I can't leave you! By the way we were in the middle of something here, can I call you back later?)

Wazzup wit dat...
oh i'm SERIOUS!!!! i mean my heart just ached for poor sawyer that kate's crying 'i can't leave without you' to jack after the night she just spent with sawyer. am NOT a kate fan:mad:

i have no clue what the smoke is. some of the mysteries are getting on my nerves though. like when will we hear back about walt and michael and is there really a world left out there for them to go to? and how they never really explained that whole medical station they took claire to? or why alex has gone 'bad' as far as the others go adn is trying to help kate and sawyer escape? grr so mnay qestions. it's killing me to wait till feb.

we're rewatching the second season to pcik up other clues we may have missed the first go around since we have no LOST to watch:(

and only 2 more episodes of prisonbreak *faints* no prisonbreak, AND no LOST? lord all i have left is House :p

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
It's not often that I have a sincere dislike for a character, but I'm afraid Kate counts right up there. In writing 'fanfiction', there's a term called "Mary Sue" when you create a character that's too perfect- the kind that can do almost anything and everyone looks to for information. I think Kate reminds me of a Mary Sue.

I really like "Prisonbreak", too. I'm almost afraid to see the last few episodes I've recorded, though!

kimber1

Feathers in Hair said:
Mine is a crush I cannot reveal. I'm far too ashamed to admit it.
awww c'mon. ;) now if you say it's the bad cop who is after michael....grrrrrr i haven't liked him since armageddon :p

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
kimber1 said:
awww c'mon. ;) now if you say it's the bad cop who is after michael....grrrrrr i haven't liked him since armageddon :p

Heck, no! I like the actor, but the character creeps me out.

The one I like is slimy, creepy and conniving. He's pretty much everything I would extremely dislike in a real person, but it's somehow charming in a character. From the preview of the last episode, it looks like he may not longer be appearing as a warm body, though.

kimber1

Feathers in Hair said:
Heck, no! I like the actor, but the character creeps me out.

The one I like is slimy, creepy and conniving. He's pretty much everything I would extremely dislike in a real person, but it's somehow charming in a character. From the preview of the last episode, it looks like he may not longer be appearing as a warm body, though.
is it the one handed man ? :eek:

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
*shifty eyes* T-Bag? Who on earth would like him and his weasel-y charm?
That accent? Pffttt! Only a fool would enjoy a voice like articulate syrup! *runs and hides under a nearby table*

kimber1

Feathers in Hair said:
*shifty eyes* T-Bag? Who on earth would like him and his weasel-y charm?
That accent? Pffttt! Only a fool would enjoy a voice like articulate syrup! *runs and hides under a nearby table*
ROFL!!!!!!!! well poo i can't really think of the others names. hmmm now i'm really curious:)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Hehee, I forgot that not everyone knows me well! When I act 'evasive', it's because someone has captured me in something I'm embarased about. (In other words, you were already spot-on!)

Kay

Towards the Sun
kimber1 said:
and only 2 more episodes of prisonbreak *faints* no prisonbreak, AND no LOST? lord all i have left is House :p

Daybreak (the series that is on while Lost is off) was pretty good. I'm really enjoying Heroes as well. House, Lost and Heroes are the ones I look forward to each week.

Kay

Towards the Sun
Feathers in Hair said:
Hehee, I forgot that not everyone knows me well! When I act 'evasive', it's because someone has captured me in something I'm embarased about. (In other words, you were already spot-on!)

Eeeeeewwwwwwwwww !!! :faint: