• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

anyone here a LOST fan?

nutshell

I love LOST.

BUT, because we don't have TV right now I always have to wait until Friday and then catch it online.

Melancholy

異端者
I'm a fan of Lost .
Unfortunatley I can't get to see it until it comes out on DVD.
The network took it's channel away when my cable provider switched companies.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Well, here I am... tuning in late as always. I didn't start out watching the show and obviously it's not one you can start watching two seasons in. So, even though I had always been intrigued by the trailers, and had thought, gosh darn! I wish I was following that show, it's only been within the last few weeks that my husband and I have gotten into it. We have netflix, so we can get three DVDs at a time. Each one has about four episodes on it. We're only into season 2 right now, so I probably shouldn't even participate on this thread. I don't want you guys spoiling it for me! Just one question, though... When does this person Desmond show up? I haven't seen him yet. We're only to the part where Walt gets kidnapped by the would-be rescuers that Michael, Sawyer and Jin met up with in the middle of the night in the ocean. Jack, Sayid, and Hurley have just blown open the hatch and stared down into what looked to be the center of the earth. Obviously I have a long way to go to catch up. But we watch an episode or two every night, so I guess by the first of May, we'll be current.

As to who my favorite character is, I'd have to say Sayid. I've always thought middle-Eastern men were very good looking and he is no exception.

nutshell

Well, here I am... tuning in late as always. I didn't start out watching the show and obviously it's not one you can start watching two seasons in. So, even though I had always been intrigued by the trailers, and had thought, gosh darn! I wish I was following that show, it's only been within the last few weeks that my husband and I have gotten into it. We have netflix, so we can get three DVDs at a time. Each one has about four episodes on it. We're only into season 2 right now, so I probably shouldn't even participate on this thread. I don't want you guys spoiling it for me! Just one question, though... When does this person Desmond show up? I haven't seen him yet. We're only to the part where Walt gets kidnapped by the would-be rescuers that Michael, Sawyer and Jin met up with in the middle of the night in the ocean. Jack, Sayid, and Hurley have just blown open the hatch and stared down into what looked to be the center of the earth. Obviously I have a long way to go to catch up. But we watch an episode or two every night, so I guess by the first of May, we'll be current.

As to who my favorite character is, I'd have to say Sayid. I've always thought middle-Eastern men were very good looking and he is no exception.

Desmond shows up when he shows up. :D

You'll just have to wait.

My wife has a crush on Sayid too.

As for my favorite character, I'd say it's Locke. I like the whole mysteriousness and trials of faith stuff about him.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Desmond shows up when he shows up. :D
Jeesh! Thanks a lot. Well, he showed up right after I posted asking about him. We're in the middle of season 2 right now. That ***** Ana just shot and killed Shannon. I didn't care much for Shannon, but Ana has got to be the all-time most despicable human being who ever lived.

My wife has a crush on Sayid too.
Well, she has good taste! :yes:

As for my favorite character, I'd say it's Locke. I like the whole mysteriousness and trials of faith stuff about him.
I actually like him, too. He's weird, but likeable nevertheless.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I had a bit of a revelation today, though it's just a supposition at the moment. I think Daniel Faraday and Charlotte Lewis might be brother and sister. Or maybe cousins. At very minimum, dorm roomies in college.

so haven't wached it in a while so plane crashes on island island is weird and everybodys backstory slowly comes to light, what did i miss?

Somkid

It is one of the biggest shows in South East Asia and it is broadcast in English without subtitles but I don't get it I really don't.

Acim

Revelation all the time
Yeah, I bumped this. Still getting over my disappointment that was the finale, which pretty much ruined the entire series.

Everyone tries to come up with these really elaborate theories of Lost that include every incident that's occurred. It seems to me the most plausible explanation is the simplest. In fact, it's already been revealed but so slowly you don't realize it.

First, I think you have to agree there is something beyond science on the island, a supernatural aspect.

You think?

But science is involved too, since there are scientists there.

One would think so.
Then again, one would be mistaken.

Now imagine you're a writer and you're given the following premise: "Scientists discovered a hidden island with mysterious properties they do not understand. A team was dispatched to investigate the island and perform various experiments. What they found was...."

From there on out you can pretty much add whatever you want to the storyline. You can add stuff that doesn't really make sense and blame it on the island. If the scientists in the story don't fully understand the island, then it doesn't have to be fully explained. And it won't.

This idea is in so many sci-fi films, but the writers of Lost have disguised it well. The biggest mystery is why are 'The Others' acting the way they are. My guess is they've found something about the island that they don't want to share.

I hope I'm wrong and there's some earth shattering revelation.

Given that there was no earth shattering revelation....

Watchmen

Premium Member
Lost was a huge let down. I saw the season finale of 24 a few days after the season finale of Lost and the 24 episode was infinitely better.