• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody ready for a second American Civil War?

Are you ready for a second American Civil War?

• Sign me up for the militia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sign me up for the Government's army

• I'm gon leave the country.

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • I think I crapped myself.

• Total voters

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
:):):) Aw c'mon guys, it won't be that bad... We'll just shoot each other over this government shutdown thing. :):):)

... God I hope it doesn't come to that.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
:):):) Aw c'mon guys, it won't be that bad... We'll just shoot each other over this government shutdown thing. :):):)

... God I hope it doesn't come to that.

War between who, a bunch of whiny babies and a bunch of rifle loving people whom have a higher percentage of being policemen, firemen, and military themselves?

Nah, this wouldn't be a war -- just a one-sided slaughter. But, that being said, all that will happen is the liberty folks will put the babies back in bed with their pacifiers because they're not going to hurt innocent folks because it's against their beliefs.

Besides, there's no need to "fight that fight" you just create a de-militarized zone in every metro area and the whiners can't leave. They'll fight themselves like starving mice.

PureX

Veteran Member
Calling the dissolution of a nation a 'civil war' would be misleading, as there would be no winners, no ideals fought for, and no geographical battlefronts. It would just be violence and chaos everywhere until the next batch of criminals took power.

What we're really looking at is a new revolution. Which would almost certainly net the same result.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
War between who, a bunch of whiny babies and a bunch of rifle loving people whom have a higher percentage of being policemen, firemen, and military themselves?

Nah, this wouldn't be a war -- just a one-sided slaughter.
You and William Johnstone should get a room. Maybe you can role play some of these fascist power fantasies in bedroom.

they're not going to hurt innocent folks because it's against their beliefs
Unless they're brown, gay, trans, or I guess liberal now.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The most drastic thing I can see happening is a major overhaul of the two party system, either with both parties changing focus or eventually coming together over some stiffer checks and balances to each other's power.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
You and William Johnstone should get a room. Maybe you can role play some of these fascist power fantasies in bedroom.

Unless they're brown, gay, trans, or I guess liberal now.

Seriously, this stuff is the grade of tin foil hat wearing conspiracy nuts that inter-dimensional reptilians are trying to take over. :D

The only person that cares if you're "brown", "gay", or "liberal" are liberals. :D To conservatives & libertarians, they're just people. :D Of course, if you think the majority of conservatives are right wing religious zealots it's just a case of presuming the exceptions are the rule. A good third are center-right, so there isn't anything different from them from most Democrats other than they have more traditional economic views and trend away from the extreme left's "family destruction protocol". :D Another third, are just real staunch conservatives -- you know the kind that are like -- let me keep my money, and keep yer damn nose out of my business. Then the last third are probably what someone would call "extreme right wing", anything from evangelicals (they're not really that extreme, except for the anti-birth control/doesn't like LGBT people stance, that being said... they're not the sort to do harm to others) and some extremely small portion of that is the real "hard core" racist/whatever right wing. (This is probably a really small number, like 1 in a 1000 of them.) Just as it's completely retarded to paint the left with antifas antics, due to the percentage of people involved in that, it's pretty retarded to do the same in regard to conservatives where the majority is clearly against harmful behavior in any capacity.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Nah, this wouldn't be a war -- just a one-sided slaughter. But, that being said, all that will happen is the liberty folks will put the babies back in bed with their pacifiers because they're not going to hurt innocent folks because it's against their beliefs.

Besides, there's no need to "fight that fight" you just create a de-militarized zone in every metro area and the whiners can't leave. They'll fight themselves like starving mice.

My guess would be that the extremist factions from both sides would form strongholds in areas where they are politically the strongest, with the left in urban areas along the coasts, while the right would hold rural pockets in the interior. If the military is still unified and committed to maintaining the status quo, they would try to be a moderating, neutralizing force and keep the various pockets of extremists bottled up. It's also possible that right-wing and left-wing factions would be splintered and divided, too.

The intransigent hardheads in Washington today would do an about-face and suddenly start calling for peace and compromise, even after years of incendiary rhetoric designed to rile up the masses.

There would also be a strong possibility of foreign intervention, with Mexico being a possible staging area for foreign insurgents and covert operatives. NATO would probably station troops in Canada to prevent a US civil war from spreading into that country.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I would either leave the country or I would try to preserve as much life as possible by helping civilians escape.And helping nurses and doctors with the wounded

Wirey

Fartist
As a concerned Canadian, I say to you all:

Tent space on my lawn is $50 a night. $85 if you need to poop indoors.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

You might want to specify what kind of dollars you're talking about. Otherwise you might get people trying to pay you in this:

Confed30.jpeg

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

Canadians don't lock their doors. You may sleep on the couch, and I'll make breakfast.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Seriously, this stuff is the grade of tin foil hat wearing conspiracy nuts that inter-dimensional reptilians are trying to take over. :D
I think you missed the point. That is, a lot of conservative and conservatives pretending to be libertarian indulge in power fantasy fiction where they place their political foes as hostiles to be overcome so that they can be the hero with a gun. Your post sounded right out of the pages of one such trashy fiction like the author I mentioned.
Of course, if you think the majority of conservatives are right wing religious zealots
I don't. I also don't think it takes right-wing religious zealots to be racist, homophobic, transphobic, Etc. The gaming community just got done with its largest Twitch stream fundraiser for a transgender assisting company after transphobic remarks made by a 'center right' atheist. Heck, Trump has made it pretty clear that you don't need to be religious to be a bigot.
A good third are center-right
To who? Obama is center right to most of the rest of the developed world.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
....a lot of conservative and conservatives pretending to be libertarian indulge in power fantasy fiction where they place their political foes as hostiles to be overcome so that they can be the hero with a gun.
That's a fascinating conspiracy theory.
(You're not the first leftie here to air it.)
Which are these faux libertarians?