• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any Campers Here?

Heyo

Veteran Member
That sounds like camping to me.
What do you see as the difference?
Tom
The intention. Most campers wouldn't call it camping when your goal is to display life in medieval times. The camping aspect is secondary. We also sometimes sleep in a barn or a castle. But those places are usually limited, so the tent it usually is.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I would do the same thing as a kid. Some of my favorite memories are "glamping" in a trailer on the northern California coastline.

In my experience, people are either mountain campers or beach campers. My family has always been very much the beach variety. :)
Beach glamping would be great.
I don't have that nearby.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The intention. Most campers wouldn't call it camping when your goal is to display life in medieval times. The camping aspect is secondary. We also sometimes sleep in a barn or a castle. But those places are usually limited, so the tent it usually is.
Oh!
Re-enactment.

When I was younger I had a bunch of friends who were into Revolutionary War or Civil War reenactment.

Never appealed to me, but whatever.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If you sleep in yer tent, you're camping.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I spend much of my summer camping, either out back in my woods (my land is bordered by a big brook), in my parent's woodlot where I grew up, or various campsites in New England.

If my wife is with me, it's tent and cots. If I am by myself, it is anything from under the stars to hammock to primitive shelters.

The picture is from my site out back of my house.
20190914_061103.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I introduced camping to my wife the summer after we got married and created a camping "monster". Even though she had never camped before in her life, she took to it immediately, and we camped every summer for 2-3 weeks for over 30 years.

Anyhow, any of you reading this also do camping? If so, where? Any interesting experiences to share?

I'll be gone after this afternoon until Monday, so have a great weekend and I'll see yas on Monday.

I am quite fond of camping out in hotels.