• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any Alien Believers?

Is there any aliens?

• Aliens created life on Earth.

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Aliens have little or no contact with life on Earth, but they exist.

Votes: 56 83.6%
  • Aliens don't exist.

Votes: 4 6.0%

• Total voters

Maya3

Then see them; dreams are merely someone else's reality, drifting over time and space into your head. Dream them, and believe the ones you wish to believe and reject the ones you wish to reject. That IS religion, after all...other people's dreams and interpretations that are adopted as the beliefs of many. Choose for yourself, rather than let others choose for you. :yes:

Sounds fun. And I do have lots of imagination.

But I want to really see them, study their culture, their religion and all. :)
If they have one, they might be plants.

Maya

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
*blind post*

I think it is possible that we could've been created by aliens, but it is not something that I really think about.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I believe there may be extraterrestrial life out there somewhere, but because it is only a "should exist" then perhaps they don't.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
1) I believe it is likely that alien life exists.
2) I think it is less probable that it is intelligent or advanced, though still possible.
3) I think it is highly improbable that an alien species created us.

However, it is possible that life on Earth was seeded from life that started elsewhere in the universe. More like polination than mad inventor, perhaps.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
1) I believe it is likely that alien life exists.
2) I think it is less probable that it is intelligent or advanced, though still possible.
3) I think it is highly improbable that an alien species created us.

However, it is possible that life on Earth was seeded from life that started elsewhere in the universe. More like polination than mad inventor, perhaps.

All are possible. Scientifically speaking there is a good chance that a meteor brought the ice/slime/virus that 'started' "life" on earth.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
All are possible. Scientifically speaking there is a good chance that a meteor brought the ice/slime/virus that 'started' "life" on earth.

Anything's possible. I just think that some things are more probable than others.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think it's likely that there are many other planets with life in the universe. With so many billions of billions of stars and planets, I would find it to be very odd if it turned out Earth was the only planet with life.

I'm fairly doubtful that aliens have ever visited earth. It's possible I suppose, but I don't see good evidence for it and space travel between solar systems requires very sophisticated technology so the odds of us getting a visit are on the slim side, I think.

I don't particularly believe aliens had any involvement in life on earth, other than perhaps the hypothesis that the earliest life on earth could have been brought by asteroids or comets.

futilethewinds

Friendly Atheist
It seems like in an infinite universe, there could be more than one planet that supports life. But we'll probably never come in contact with aliens because of distance and the limitations of our technology, which we're not improving because we haven't met any aliens yet. And so the cycle goes.

Alceste

Vagabond
It seems like in an infinite universe, there could be more than one planet that supports life. But we'll probably never come in contact with aliens because of distance and the limitations of our technology, which we're not improving because we haven't met any aliens yet. And so the cycle goes.

We aren't likely to be going anywhere outside our solar system since we use most of our technology and intelligence for destructive purposes (environmental destruction, war and weapons). We also have fairly short life spans and no capacity to enter a dormant state.

There's no real reason aliens couldn't come to us, with a few different - but plausible - characteristics. If they lived ten times as long, for example, or could enter a lengthy dormant state like sea monkeys, or invested as much in technology, research and space exploration as we do in war, crossing 13 light years (the minimum distance to another habitable world) might not seem like such a big deal. Or they could send computerized research devices in place of living representatives.

That said, I am neutral on the subject of whether we will ever have definitive proof of aliens visiting. If it happened tomorrow I wouldn't be surprised. If it never happened in my life time I also wouldn't be surprised.

Tiberius

I believe that it is likely that alien life exists. Probably in our own solar system, but this would be simple life on the Europa, or something like that. No little green men on Mars or anything.

I'm also fairly sure that there is other intelligent life, but in other star systems. I doubt they'd have traveled to Earth.

I'm also fairly sure that the building blocks for life came from an extra-terrestrial source. Not intentionally seeded here, but there has been quite a bit of evidence lately that suggests that life came from asteroids or the like.

ArcNinja

Obviously with thousands upon thousands of galaxies in a seemingly infinite universe, there are bound to be several other planets with life on them.

I am fairly certain that there is are at least other forms of intelligent life out there, but I do not think they created life on earth.

But as the joke goes, if the surest sign that there is indeed intelligent life on other planets is that they haven't contacted us.

Freedomelf

There are too many historical images that defy explanation to dismiss aliens having visited. Besides, just because we aren't going out to meet them, doesn't mean that no one else has bothered to develop the technology to do so. There may be many out there, patiently waiting for us to evolve. :)

It's strange to me that this is still in question. Really? After all the abductions, mass sightings, books? Why is it taking us so long to even consider that there is life? Is it too big of a thought?
Is it really in the category of "belief"?
Aliens exists. They are and have been in contact with us for a long time. There is an intervention within our planet. They have technology we cannot begin to wrap our brains around. The universe is larger than we have the capacity to know.