• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anxiety disorders and experienced unfairness

Shushersbedamned

What bugs me whenever I hear a person with a lot of anxiety complain about it is that they seem to feel that anxiety is unfair. That the fact they got an anxiety disorder is unfair that somehow they deserve compensation for their suffering. More than Some one who doesn't have That problem.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I've never heard anyone complain that anxiety is unfair let along demanding anything.

Shushersbedamned

What do you mean by compensation?
That die to their suffering they deserve something more than others. Meaning well Faith on a way. Like some people - I believe all people - believe in faith on some level. Lol if you've been robbed twice in a month in a quiet neighbouhood it would be only right if you weren't robbed again and if you in fact found a bill from the street.

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
That die to their suffering they deserve something more than others.
As someone with an anxiety disorder, I've never said I deserved anything more than others because of it. All I've ever asked for is medical assistance. I think anyone with any disorder should have that.

Meaning well Faith on a way. Like some people - I believe all people - believe in faith on some level. Lol if you've been robbed twice in a month in a quiet neighbouhood it would be only right if you weren't robbed again and if you in fact found a bill from the street.
This has something to do with faith now? What?

Shushersbedamned

As someone with an anxiety disorder, I've never said I deserved anything more than others because of it. All I've ever asked for is medical assistance. I think anyone with any disorder should have that.

This has something to do with faith now? What?
It doesn't have to be a demand nor said out loud

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
What bugs me whenever I hear a person with a lot of anxiety complain about it is that they seem to feel that anxiety is unfair. That the fact they got an anxiety disorder is unfair that somehow they deserve compensation for their suffering. More than Some one who doesn't have That problem.

It is unfair, it's not their fault. It's very frustrating having to deal with an anxiety disorder and wishing you didn't.

I can understand not so much wanting compensation but understanding. Very hard for folks never having had an anxiety disorder to understand the sense of helplessness these folks go through.

They need help, professional help and hopefully understanding from family and friends. Sometimes something, "normal" folks would rather not deal with.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

Same here.

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
they seem to feel that anxiety is unfair. That the fact they got an anxiety disorder is unfair that somehow they deserve compensation for their suffering. More than Some one who doesn't have That problem.
This doesn't answer my question. Maybe you could rephrase this?

Cerridwen33

Curiouser and curiouser!
I think the same. I suffer from anxiety due to asthma and other illnesses since I was a child and it never crossed my mind to blame anyone let alone feeling entitled to any sort of compensation. S*** happens!

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

Such issues hardly make one entirely rational or objective concerning what one experiences, so I'd hardly expect anyone with anxiety to understand how their problems might be seen by others. It often is unfair though, because any solution might not be seen to be within their grasp - as with many such issues - and that is often part of the anxiety. Many who have anything similar are not able to see past their present state so as to engage with any therapy either. Perhaps too much thinking going on that is entirely unproductive.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Projection, maybe?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Maybe that's a symptom of anxiety itself. It's a hard thing to shake based on my own experiences with it. I think once you realize there is a physical component involved with anxiety it might be a little easier to understand it's nature when anxiety comes around.

Still, you still have to do some yourself though to fight it for which I go by the mantra to run toward things that scare you the most.

For me I'm on sertraline and responded physically well with it. I used to hyperventilate when it ratcheted up. Because of the medications I rarely hyperventilate whenever anxiety kicks in.