• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anti-trans bill passes in Kentucky

Shaul

Premium Member
No, I mean people with medical schooling, training and experience and not your partisan Qanon-like boogeymen.
Doctors have no monopoly on ethics. Immoral is immoral. Children should not be sexually mutilated not by anyone, including doctors with poor morals.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Doctors have no monopoly on ethics. Immoral is immoral. Children should not be sexually mutilated not by anyone, including doctors with poor morals.
You are the one with poor morals for deciding you know better what to do with a medical diagnosis than medical experts, and for your failures to even study an ounce of this subject and refuse to accept what has been repeatedly stated here over the year.
You are the one with poor morals as you support taking away the right to seek medical treatment and want further harm to be done, all because you want to insist you somehow and very magically believe you know better than the experts.

Shaul

Premium Member
How exactly are they being "exploited sexually"? We can't read your imagination, so try elaborating to give your post a semblance of coherency.
There is no need for any of that. Children are developmentally incapable of being sexual. Exploiting an incapable person is criminal.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
My opinion is that it is a false moral equivalency to compare it in any way to the sexual mutilation of children.
Circumcision is literally genital mutilation though

I’m not advocating against it, mind you. I don’t really care
But those are the facts.

Interestingly there seems to be a growing population of boys who are disgusted that their body parts were mutilated without their informed consent
Hmm

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
You can get ADD meds after barely a 5 minute conversation with a doctor who has never heard of you before that visit. That definitely does not happen in getting a transgenderism diagnosis. There has to be a history of behavior, etc.
This wasn't my experience either. ADHD and autism are both things the medical profession as a whole seems to think only effects kids and they 'grow out of it.' (Kind of like some people thinking lgbt kids don't exist, only adults.) Which makes getting an adult diagnosis and support quite difficult. It was over six months before I could even get a referral to a psychiatrist from a therapist. And then more months evaluation, and whej I did start medication, it was an extremely low dosage and slow increase.

But location and regulation might make your milage vary.

Shaul

Premium Member
You are the one with poor morals for deciding you know better what to do with a medical diagnosis than medical experts, and for your failures to even study an ounce of this subject and refuse to accept what has been repeatedly stated here over the year.
You are the one with poor morals as you support taking away the right to seek medical treatment and want further harm to be done, all because you want to insist you somehow and very magically believe you know better than the experts.
I'm not doing that. Children are developmentally incapable of dealing with sexuality. That's why there's a thing called statutory rape. Allowing child "sex reassignment"[sic] is as bad as condoning child sexual activity. Those here that condone childhood sexual mutilation are the ones that need to do research. The suffering of the victims of the pro-sexual mutilation of children lobby is upon their heads. The suicides and broken lives caused by childhood sexually mutilation lie at their feet.

Speaking of study, study this,
‘I literally lost organs:’ Why detransitioned teens regret changing genders

Shaul

Premium Member
Circumcision is literally genital mutilation though

I’m not advocating against it, mind you. I don’t really care
But those are the facts.

Interestingly there seems to be a growing population of boys who are disgusted that their body parts were mutilated without their informed consent
Hmm
If you can't tell the difference between circumcision and sexual mutilation then I think your opinion can be ignored on this subject. Have a nice day.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
If you can't tell the difference between circumcision and sexual mutilation then I think your opinion can be ignored on this subject. Have a nice day.
Ahh so you think literally cutting up an appendage, in this specific case, a penis, doesn’t count as “sexual mutilation.”
Perhaps I can say the same about your opinion
Enjoy your day :)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm not doing that.
Yes, you are.
Children are developmentally incapable of dealing with sexuality.
For probably about the billionth time for you deaf ears, this is a lengthy and guided process.
Allowing child "sex reassignment"[sic] is as bad as condoning child sexual activity. Those here that condone childhood sexual mutilation are the ones that need to do research. The suffering of the victims of the pro-sexual mutilation of children lobby is upon their heads. The suicides and broken lives caused by childhood sexually mutilation lie at their feet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaul

Premium Member
Yes, you are.

For probably about the billionth time for you deaf ears, this is a lengthy and guided process.

No, you're just a bigot who prizes stupidity over evidence.
No, I am someone who had a loved one who was misled into a gender reassignment by some of your damnable so-called "experts". Later, after transitioning, he, formerly she, killed himself precisely because of remorse over the transition. You have think you have a right to call me a bigot? Forget that! You don't have the moral high ground here at all. You are defending the sexual mutilation of children, destruction of families and more.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
No, I am someone who had a loved one who was misled into a gender reassignment by some of your damnable so-called "experts". Later, after transitioning, he, formerly she, killed himself precisely because of remorse over the transition. You have think you have a right to call me a bigot? Forget that! You don't have the moral high ground here at all. You are defending the sexual mutilation of children, destruction of families and more.
You are the one saying research and evidence means nothing in light of your hyperfocus on scant few examples, and these scant few examples must damn everybody else and prevent them from being treated. At that point you might as well ban Tylenol because it too has killed some people.
*Staff edit* calling a medical treatment something that destroys families.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaul

Premium Member
You are the one saying research and evidence means nothing in light of your hyperfocus on scant few examples, and these scant few examples must damn everybody else and prevent them from being treated. At that point you might as well ban Tylenol because it too has killed some people.
Yeah, you're a bigot calling a medical treatment something that destroys families.
I had a loved one die over this. That isn't a "scant few examples". You are promoting evil. Pure and simple.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I had a loved one die over this. That isn't a "scant few examples". You are promoting evil. Pure and simple.
You're the one wallowing in your ignorance. You haven't studied the subject and yet you think your opinion should matter and count.
Ultimately, the bigotry you puke up does not match or reflect evidence that has been gathered across many decades. You hyperfocus on rarities and expect the other 99% to suffer.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Oh, should we do away with cortisol injections? I had one once. It was one of the weirdest and most uncomfortable things I ever felt, and it didn't help but instead made me hurt more. Was it immoral for the doctor to go along with accepted practice? Should those who have found relief in this be prohibited from obtaining treatment? Should parents of children with rare conditions be told they cannot get treated and must suffer?
Or, as I mentioned earlier, Tylenol occasionally kills someone and can potentially cause liver damage, but that's rare and we know it helps more than it harms so you might as well ban that too.

Shaul

Premium Member
You're the one wallowing in your ignorance. You haven't studied the subject and yet you think your opinion should matter and count.
Ultimately, the bigotry you puke up does not match or reflect evidence that has been gathered across many decades. You hyperfocus on rarities and expect the other 99% to suffer.
I had a loved one die because of this!!! :cry:
I've studied it more than enough to know that it is evil. And I sure don't need any lectures from you. At this point, I no longer care to discuss the topic with you. It is just too painful. You are being cruel and mean. Just go away.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I had a loved one die because of this!!! :cry:
I've studied it more than enough to know that it is evil. And I sure don't need any lectures from you. At this point, I no longer care to discuss the topic with you. It is just too painful. You are being cruel and mean. Just go away.
I'm being mean and cruel? 99% of those who medically transition improve yet you say it's mutilation and call it evil and say it shouldn't happen and you think I'm mean and cruel?
Look in the mirror, dude. You're expecting nearly an entire group to suffer because you hyperfocus on just 1% of all cases.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm being mean and cruel? 99% of those who medically transition improve yet you say it's mutilation and call it evil and say it shouldn't happen and you think I'm mean and cruel?
Look in the mirror, dude. You're expecting nearly an entire group to suffer because you hyperfocus on just 1% of all cases.
Not to mention the vast majority of detransitioners still support gender affirming care. Most detransition due to unrelated health concerns, not regret.

There is a case to be made that because the US Healthcare system is weak af, the mental healthcare checks and balances need to be strengthened as well as patient advocacy, education and informed consent.

But that's not what these crocodile teared conservatives want to do. They are just using this as a wedge issue to stop supporting trans people, no differently than they 'whataboutthechildren' tried to suppress kids coming out as gay, repressed expression of non-normative gender identity, enacted conversion camps, etc etc.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
But that's not what these crocodile teared conservatives want to do. They are just using this as a wedge issue to stop supporting trans people, no differently than they 'whataboutthechildren' tried to suppress kids coming out as gay, repressed expression of non-normative gender identity, enacted conversion camps, etc etc.
Yup. They're just a bunch of chickens clucking out the few medical terms they've managed to scrape together watching their news that's infected with political rabies.

We Never Know

No Slack
In other words if a medical condition makes you uneasy because of your superstitions and insecurities, then all the of the world's doctors must have conspired together to fabricate it for profit?

Name one medical facility, treatment facility or Dr clinic/office that isn't a business.