• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anti-trans bill passes in Kentucky

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The tattoo was a decision I made based on how I felt at the time, who I thought I was. The fact that it is nowhere as drastic as a medical transition is exactly my point: people that age don't always fully understand themselves and make rash decisions. One rash decision as irreversible as a gender swap is clearly not a good thing.
Did you have a team of medical professionals assisting you and guiding you with this decision regarding your tattoo?
And I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. You can't do a gender swap on a whim or a rash decision. Such as, with genital surgery you can't get it (without lying) until you've lived as your identified sex, full time, for at least a year.
And the history of treating gender dysphoria has indeed showed improved rates of success and reduced amount of regrets through having a process and system in place to screen people and professionally monitor transitioning.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Are you aware of how easy it used to be, and likely still is, to get a doctors diagnosis for ADD and get medication for it? We shouldn’t pretend that doctors are infallible or that it is beyond a teenager’s ability to exaggerate things (not necessarily intentionally) and manipulate the doctors diagnosis that way.
****ing damn near impossible when you're an adult.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Did you have a team of medical professionals assisting you and guiding you with this decision regarding your tattoo?
And I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. You can't do a gender swap on a whim or a rash decision. Such as, with genital surgery you can't get it (without lying) until you've lived as your identified sex, full time, for at least a year.
And the history of treating gender dysphoria has indeed showed improved rates of success and reduced amount of regrets through having a process and system in place to screen people and professionally monitor transitioning.

****ing damn near impossible when you're an adult.
I would give you an informative frubal.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Are you aware of how easy it used to be, and likely still is, to get a doctors diagnosis for ADD and get medication for it? We shouldn’t pretend that doctors are infallible or that it is beyond a teenager’s ability to exaggerate things (not necessarily intentionally) and manipulate the doctors diagnosis that way.
No one is saying that they are infallible, but I do not seen teens faking trans to get puberty blockers. One may abuse ADD drugs. How would you abuse puberty blockers?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
There are legit reasons for concern.

Edit: there are legit reasons for concern for children transitioning and later regretting it.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There are legit reasons for concern.

Interesting. I can see why the transgender feel a threat from those that detransition. The transgender have even more prejudice against them than there is against gay people. The problem is that gender is not set in stone. Most of use will always be cis. A few will be trans. And the trans themselves may vary in their gender over their lifetime. I won't put any boundaries on a person. It is best to just accept them as they say that they are.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
Interesting. I can see why the transgender feel a threat from those that detransition. The transgender have even more prejudice against them than there is against gay people. The problem is that gender is not set in stone. Most of use will always be cis. A few will be trans. And the trans themselves may vary in their gender over their lifetime. I won't put any boundaries on a person. It is best to just accept them as they say that they are.

I editted my post. I wasn't clear. There are legit reasons for concern about children transitioning and regretting it. I think that is clearly detailed in the article.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
No, you just listen to partisan drivel while tuning out the evidence based positions and make it so obvious you don't know anything about the subject that if you knew any better you'd be deeply shamed and embarrassed.
Nothing you can do about it.

No more than I can in the People's Republic of New York.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Nothing you can do about it.

No more than I can in the People's Republic of New York.
So you just give up?

I thought Americans were all about freedom and fighting against the government imposing upon them?
That the government shouldn’t be telling you how to raise your kids, gosh darn it!!!

Where’s that fighting zeal I’ve heard so much about from the land of the free and home of the brave?!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
So you just give up?

I thought Americans were all about freedom and fighting against the government imposing upon them?
That the government shouldn’t be telling you how to raise your kids, gosh darn it!!!

Where’s that fighting zeal I’ve heard so much about from the land of the free and home of the brave?!
Good question.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Good question.
Is there an answer to go with it?
I mean I feel like there’s an air of defeat and sense of dejection.
That makes me sad

I mean these kinds of bills, I thought went against the very backbone of American ideals.
Doesn’t it?
That the government should mind its own damned business and let parents make their own decisions regarding their kids?
Right?

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I'm very glad that I did not follow the course of my life that I had thought it would be at 16/17. It's likely teenagers with gender dysphoria do not have a grasp on their identity or sexuality, and therefore it's best they wait until they're older. I personally feel even 18 is a bit too young for medical transitioning. When I was 18 I got what I thought was an amazing tattoo that I put a lot of thought into and thought I wanted it for life. Now, at 27, I'd rather not have that tattoo. I can't imagine making a decision to sexually mutilate myself at that age and grow up no longer feeling that way.
The thing is true transgender people show signs of it early in life, as children generally gender identify by 3. If it continues until the teen years, it's generally not a "fad." LGBT people generally know they are that before puberty, just like hetero and cis people do.