• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anti-trans bill passes in Kentucky

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Title is misleading.

It's just for minors.

Once they hit 18, they are good to go.
So, no, you don't care about nanny state over reach as you clearly just don't mind when the government steps in to make decisions about healthcare and bans an accepted treatment, all because your side likes to think its ignorance, stupidity, hatred and bigotry lets it know better than the experts who actually study and work with the trans community.

Viker

Häxan
So, no, you don't care about nanny state over reach as you clearly just don't mind when the government steps in to make decisions about healthcare and bans an accepted treatment, all because your side likes to think its ignorance, stupidity, hatred and bigotry lets it know better than the experts who actually study and work with the trans community.
Took the words away from me.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Can't stand the nanny state, can you?

Me either.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Can't stand the nanny state, can you?

Me either.
Attempting to dodge it, are we?
You did say it just puts them off until they turn 18. That is this nanny state you rail about, it is liberty and rights destroying, they are victims of facism that wears a suit of Christian Nationalism, and you said oh well. This doesn't even respect the parental rights your side likes to yip and yipe about. And you dismissed it as oh well.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Attempting to dodge it, are we?
You did say it just puts them off until they turn 18. That is this nanny state you rail about, it is liberty and rights destroying, they are victims of facism that wears a suit of Christian Nationalism, and you said oh well. This doesn't even respect the parental rights your side likes to yip and yipe about. And you dismissed it as oh well.
I'll take that as a yes.

Viker

Häxan
Kentucky Republicans pass legislation protecting children from sexual mutilations.
If that's how you wish to see it. I see it as more state encroachment on individual choices. Most of these minors would still be well into their teens. What did you decide was going to be the course of your life at 16/17? Did you have a grasp of your identity or sexuality? Did anyone in authority discourage or block you?

idea

Question Everything
What's next, strict dress codes? Hair styles? Perhaps classes to teach girls how to cook and clean, while boys get to go camping and learn how to fix cars? School transcripts can be colored pink and blue with coursework which prepares young students for their legislated life - barefoot and pregnant, or suit and ties.