• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anti sodomy laws?

tarasan

The police are not the ones empowered to enforce these laws.

Yeah but they detain and gather evidence " typically from the public and if they believe that there is enough evidence to prosecute they sent it to a judge.

I mean are u saying the public can? Can they get warrants for people's homes detain them hold them for questioning?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Yeah but they detain and gather evidence " typically from the public and if they believe that there is enough evidence to prosecute they sent it to a judge.

I mean are u saying the public can? Can they get warrants for people's homes detain them hold them for questioning?
Like I said, any joe-blow off the street can enforce the law via the courts. I don't know about getting warrants or holding them for questioning, though. I can only hope that lawyers will refuse to take these cases. (I'm not holding my breath on that one.)

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
So obviously this has been hinted at a great deal since the infamous R v W decision.
Now not being American I won’t pretend to understand how that would work. Just that from the outside looking in, it looks like the US is vying to be the most archaic and backwards modern civilisation in modern history.
Sorry.
That’s just how it looks on the world stage.

Now I’m hearing that many of the US states are going to try to reinforce anti sodomy laws.
Is that seriously what you guys want?

Have at it, guys. Chat, discuss and debate about it.
I’m just thankful that my country actually has some freedom.;)

In the US, anti-sodomy laws have been around since the 1800s and are still on the books in 14 states. Initially, they were a way to apply secondary charges to anyone accused of sexual assault, or public sexual acts (e.g., perving on someone, wanking in a theater). On the surface that sounds like a helpful way to ensure a molester doesn't walk but their origins stem from church laws and the desire to impose beliefs on others, the underlying desire was to limit sex to be between couples for the sole purpose of procreation.

So, they were applicable regardless of sexual orientation, straights and gays alike were charged. But then in the latter half of the 20th century, they were used to target gays specifically with some states revising their laws to expressly apply to gays. This way, if someone was known or thought to be gay, that allowed an employer, adoption agency, landlords etc. to deny an applicant on the basis of being "immoral" (because if you're gay then non-procreative acts are common, like sodomy and oral). If you were gay (or accused of being) and a biological parent caught in a custody battle, they were used to favor the straight parent.

tarasan

Like I said, any joe-blow off the street can enforce the law via the courts. I don't know about getting warrants or holding them for questioning, though. I can only hope that lawyers will refuse to take these cases. (I'm not holding my breath on that one.)

Erm they only thing that I can see about that is in Texas and from what I am reading it was so Texas could subvert row v Wade. But with its fall Texas has passed a law that just lets them do it. So Ur whole Hitler bit is one state trying to get around a law that they thought was unconstitutional? While dickish not the most Hitler thing I've heard ;)

crossfire

Premium Member
Erm they only thing that I can see about that is in Texas and from what I am reading it was so Texas could subvert row v Wade. But with its fall Texas has passed a law that just lets them do it. So Ur whole Hitler bit is one state trying to get around a law that they thought was unconstitutional? While dickish not the most Hitler thing I've heard ;)
I posted a pdf of the Oklahoma law in post #109.
Notice the part that basically says, "guilty until proven innocent" under Section 5.F.2?

Last edited:

tarasan

I posted a pdf of the Oklahoma law in post #109.
Yeah I saw that now a little bit more reasonable than Texas to be honest if I read it right. (although the text). But yeah listen the states didn't like rou v Wade and tried to get around it. Most likely shooting themselves in the foot? Yes being dicks? Yes.

But creating a cult of personality, emphasising their state purity and uniqueness. Believing they should rule the world in a great age that would last thousands of years. Indiscriminately killing people in the streets? Trying to force through one law u want in doesn't make u a nazi, frig it that were true every politician would be one.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
You can't talk with people who u think could be Nazis just because u disagree with them politically. I mean have u been vigilante over the democrats? Have been watching them as tightly as u have watched the republicans? Honestly it just seems like the subtext of what Ur saying is " I think their Nazis despite no evidence"
I’m not American. I can’t say one way or the other about the democrats
And sorry but the actual policies which the Reps themselves promote is in fact in line with what the Nazis themselves decreed in the lead up to their election. (Many of them anyway.) Or it it seems so at least
Homosexuals and Jews weren’t sent to the camps immediately. There was a build up to that step.
Don’t forget that the actual literal Nazis had among their ranks, homosexuals and folks they themselves decreed as “degenerates”. It wasn’t until the night of the long knives until they became the Nazis we all know and despise today.

crossfire

Premium Member
Yeah I saw that now a little bit more reasonable than Texas to be honest if I read it right. (although the text). But yeah listen the states didn't like rou v Wade and tried to get around it. Most likely shooting themselves in the foot? Yes being dicks? Yes.

But creating a cult of personality, emphasising their state purity and uniqueness. Believing they should rule the world in a great age that would last thousands of years. Indiscriminately killing people in the streets? Trying to force through one law u want in doesn't make u a nazi, frig it that were true every politician would be one.
The part that really worries me is that the State is making laws, writing in that law that the State has no part in enforcing it, and empowering joe-blow off the street to enforce it. One of the side effects from this is that pharmacies are not dispensing medications for the aftercare of a miscarriage out of fear of being sued by joe-blow off the street, (guilty until proven innocent) as the medications for aftercare of a miscarriage are the same ones used for a medical abortion.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So obviously this has been hinted at a great deal since the infamous R v W decision.
Now not being American I won’t pretend to understand how that would work. Just that from the outside looking in, it looks like the US is vying to be the most archaic and backwards modern civilisation in modern history.
Sorry.
That’s just how it looks on the world stage.

Now I’m hearing that many of the US states are going to try to reinforce anti sodomy laws.
Is that seriously what you guys want?

Have at it, guys. Chat, discuss and debate about it.
I’m just thankful that my country actually has some freedom.;)
Since the crazy people are running the asylum it might just happen. Bring back leave it to beaver. All white TV and twin beds for the adults!

tarasan

The part that really worries me is that the State is making laws, writing in that law that the State has no part in enforcing it, and empowering joe-blow off the street to enforce it. One of the side effects from this is that pharmacies are not dispensing medications for the aftercare of a miscarriage out of fear of being sued by joe-blow off the street, (guilty until proven innocent) as the medications for aftercare of a miscarriage are the same ones used for a medical abortion.

Yeah and it was ****ty and the whole thing was a bad idea. Call them idiots 100 percent. They arnt Nazis though.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

The problem is that it is not just "one law". Some states are proposing legislation to keep pregnant people from leaving the state to get an abortion. Some are proposing taking away marriage equality, in other words gay people will not be able to marry each other again, some are even proposing going after birth control itself. This ruling has brought out quite a few that look to be outright fascists when it comes to what they want.