• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anti sodomy laws?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
That is going to require a butt load more police officers and they are already hurting for people. Check points at every border road is not feasible. I wonder about these folks' brains. They really should use them for good instead of being busybodies. They need to worry about the planks in their eyes.
That is probably why they are citizen enforced instead of police enforced. Now that Roe v Wade is gone, many states have wasted no time in making the performing of an abortion a felony. The police would go after the providers.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
That is probably why they are citizen enforced instead of police enforced. Now that Roe v Wade is gone, many states have wasted no time in making the performing of an abortion a felony. The police would go after the providers.
That is a big concern I’ve seen expressed.
Doctors being charged for doing their job. Saving pregnant people could very well earn them a felony charge. Regressive to say the least, imo

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
We can always find some convenient fig leaves though.
That whole story suggests, very much so, Adam and Eve couldn't have even known it was wrong to disobey, and they couldn't have known disobedience was bad. They knew nothing of good and evil, and didn't even realize the "shameful" state of their nakedness until after they gained this knowledge. Yet god punished them anyways.

nPeace

Veteran Member
That whole story suggests, very much so, Adam and Eve couldn't have even known it was wrong to disobey, and they couldn't have known disobedience was bad. They knew nothing of good and evil, and didn't even realize the "shameful" state of their nakedness until after they gained this knowledge. Yet god punished them anyways.
It's easy to misunderstand that account, as most people do, but careful examination suggest a different understanding than what most people get.
For example, the account says, that after eating the fruit their eyes were opened...

Does that mean that prior to eating the fruit, their eyes were shut, and so they were unable to see?
Obviously not.
So then, realizing they were naked, doesn't mean they now saw their nakedness, or as you put it "the "shameful" state of their nakedness".
Rather, their thoughts changed away from seeing their naked state in the way they saw it before.

Remember, they turned away from their creator and law-giver, and made a decision to decide for themselves what is right and wrong, so it's easy to see their thoughts going contrary to God's and toward more unrighteousness.

Who knows what else Satan influenced their minds to consider.
It takes more than a superficial reading of the account, to understand it correctly.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Rather, their thoughts changed away from seeing their naked state in the way they saw it before.

Remember, they turned away from their creator and law-giver, and made a decision to decide for themselves what is right and wrong, so it's easy to see their thoughts going contrary to God's and toward more unrighteousness.
They didn't know these things were "wrong" until after they ate the fruit.
It takes more than a superficial reading of the account, to understand it correctly.
No, that's just another excuse Christians give for not wanting to seriously consider an objection or criticism of the Bible.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Most, but not all, of those that supported the R v W decision are fundamentalist Christians. That often comes with a healthy dose of homophobia. I predict at least some open support and even more unvoiced support.

My first thought would be to question how sodomy and homosexuality magically transform into the same thing, and that this just avoids them calling it an anti-gay-man law...

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
That sort of sex is sinful, in their eyes.

God made it pleasurable to...err...test us. If we enjoy it, we are immoral. It's much the same as eating peanut butter directly from the jar with a spoon, licking the spoon, and then digging it back in. Sure it's great fun, if a little sticky and messy, but if God wanted you to do it, it would be way less tasty.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Right and wrong, good and evil. They didn't have that knowledge until they ate the fruit.
So they did not know that it was wrong to disobey the one who provided for them, until they disobeyed him.
t1802.gif

Is that what you are saying?

How could they know right from wrong from a fruit? Did the fruit dictate what is right and wrong, or the one who made them?

I'm not motivated by threats from a book.
I don't know why you feel threatened when words from a book are merely mentioned then.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't know why you feel threatened when words from a book are merely mentioned then.
I don't feel threatened. You're the one who mentioned twisting stuff to our own destruction to which I say hogwash. I'm not motivated by such idle threats from an ancient book that is so primitive in its understanding of the world that it had absolutely no idea how unsafe and unsanitary it is to have bird's blood slung all over the place when someone is cured of leprosy.