• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anti sodomy laws?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Isn't their an image of Shiva/Parvati as one? That is used in support of trans rights in India?
As I’m not in India I cannot say for certain. But it is one that I’ve often seen/heard in my Mandali (church group) growing up. So I would imagine so.
The idea of the third sex is quite prominent in many Hindu circles though. Likely because the atman (to my knowledge, could be wrong) is without a gender. It is above such concepts
Such fluidity is often used as justification for sex reassignment surgery, as far as I’m aware
Also the fear of Mata Kali might explain the support for trans individuals among some groups lol

tarasan

Folks, there you have it, in a nutshell.

What does it matter if your neighbor to the east is a Christian, and your neighbor to the west is an atheist? Or that the family across the street are Reform Jews who don't spend much time thinking about religion, or that there are some Muslims around the corner?

All of that can exist just fine within the context of a secular state -- religion and secularism side-by-side with no fuss at all.

Problems only come up when the neighborhood committee decides that only Christian displays (or Muslim, Jewish, whatever) are allowed on the lawns in front of the house (don't matter what you hide in the back where decent folk can't see it, ya know?)

I have a question for people who think religion is everything: how do you use your religion when you're filling your gas tank? Or do you ***** and moan about the goddam cost? What does your piety have to do with the state of your lawn? Or whether there might be a halal eatery at the strip mall two blocks over?

In fact, what does it matter to you who the guy seven blocks away prays to? Does his belief challenge yours? Then maybe yours isn't freaking strong enough -- and that's your fault, not his!

In terms of my petrol tank I pay I fill it with petrol and not desiel. And I don't moane about the cost, it's the situation we are in. I don't have a lawn so.... None? And the rest just seems like a bit of a rant that assumed alot about me.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member

Hindus(or any other polytheist that I'm aware of) don't worship statues. This is a common misconception many Christians have.

The idea that Shiva(who is continuously dissolving and creating) or Vishnu(who preserves the universe, in Hindu view) are doing nothing doesn't make any sense.

Either way, I can't picture either dropping the cosmos because someone's engaged in sodomy.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Replying with a Yikes is not spam, my friend. It is a snarky response, admittedly. But as I do not wish either of us to get into trouble, let us agree to disagree.
*offers hand in a friendly manner*
Um. Seriously. You too? The mods aren't getting old, are they?
Let me report it and see if it's treated the way my strawman image was then.
I'll count another page before I report it... if it's still there. :innocent:

I'm not trying to be mean, but fair is fair. What goes for one, goes for all... including mods.
Surely you agree, don't you? :)

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Um. Seriously. You too? The mods aren't getting old, are they?
Let me report it and see if it's treated the way my strawman image was then.
I'll count another page before I report it... if it's still there. :innocent:

I'm not trying to be mean, but fair is fair. What goes for one, goes for all... including mods.
Surely you agree, don't you? :)
Go for it. But if it does indeed bother you so much I shall delete said post. Is that what you wish?
Happy to do so. No skin off my nose :)

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
As I’m not in India I cannot say for certain. But it is one that I’ve often heard in my Mandali (church group) growing up. So I would imagine so.
The idea of the third sex is quite prominent in many Hindu circles though. Likely because the atman (to my knowledge, could be wrong) is without a gender. It is above such concepts
Such fluidity is often used as justification for sex reassignment surgery, as far as I’m aware
Also the fear of Mata Kali might also explain the support for trans individuals among some groups lol

The story I read and a TV show about the Hijra/hijara is I think what you are referring to. Eruch Jessawala: The Hijara is a story I'm familiar with that refers to them as despised by many.

One time Baba told us a story about a Perfect Master who was neither male nor female...In order to uphold this utterly rejected section of humanity, it was ordained that one from that tribe should become a Perfect Master. And so it was. One of this tribe became Perfect and so, naturally, all of his disciples were also of the tribe.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Done. See? I’m a person of my word
(For the record I am a woman lol) ;)
Well played. You know the rules better than I do. If you don't set the example, then others will follow suit, and you know wht that means. People will break the rules.

I won't repeat it, simply to make a point. I'll report it, and then make my point... if nothing is done... ma'am. :)

nPeace

Veteran Member
Not spam mate. That's a physical representation of me leaving the thread.
The rule on spam was explained to me, when I did what you did - innocently... not knowing that it was a violation.
I made sure I understood what spamming is.
So yes. It's spam. You can always ask a question.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Well played. You know the rules better than I do. If you don't set the example, then others will follow suit, and you know wht that means. People will break the rules.

I won't repeat it, simply to make a point. I'll report it, and then make my point... if nothing is done... ma'am. :)
I commend your commitment to fairness.
I don’t think responding with snarky gifs qualify as spam, since spam has a different more specific definition. Like as in advertising unnecessarily something.
But I do not wish to see folks feeling bad or hard done by.
If you feel like you have been hard done by, by any decision, I urge you to post in the site feedback.
Either way, this is not the place to discuss such issues.

Let us get back to the original issue this thread was created to discuss, please.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I commend your commitment to fairness.
I don’t think responding with snarky gifs qualify as spam, since spam has a different more specific definition. Like as in advertising unnecessarily something.
If that's the view of some mods, that would mean mods don't agree on the rules.
I don't mean to be hard, on people here, but yes, I do like things to be done in fairness.

But I do not wish to see folks feeling bad or hard done by.
If you feel like you have been hard done by, by any decision, I urge you to post in the site feedback.
I did.
It was explained to me in detail, why.
A mod took the time to kindly explain.

Either way, this is not the place to discuss such issues.
I agree.

Let us get back to the original issue this thread was created to discuss, please.
Okay.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
To be completely honest?
I’m expecting to hear of civil unrest and massive riots in the US any day. A bit surprised it hasn’t already. I know protests have happened, but not riots
You can only push down people for so long.
We had massive riots a couple of years back over the police killing black people and police brutality over demonstrations. We also had citizens running over protesters with their cars just like the Chinese running over protesters with their tanks. It's not just government. We even have government allowing citizens to enforce their fascist laws.

Last edited: