• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anti sodomy laws?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Who is enforcing what now?
Many States banning abortion are leaving the enforcement of such laws to their citizens. I wouldn't be surprised if these States extend this style of enforcement to these proposed anti-sodomy laws.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Who is enforcing what now?
The Republicans.
Sorry but that’s what it seems like from the vantage point of an international stage right now.
I’m not American so I don’t care about either the Dems or Reps

I can only speak to my perspective. But the recent actions of the Republican Party does seem like it eerily replicates the same exact tactics of the literal Nazis. And I don’t mean that as a metaphor. This is literally almost a 1 for 1 for what we learnt about in the lead up to the Third Reich.

crossfire

Premium Member
The Republicans.
Sorry but that’s what it seems like from the vantage point of an international stage right now.

I can only speak to my perspective. But the recent actions of the Republican Party does seem like it eerily replicates the same exact tactics of the literal Nazis. And I don’t mean that as a metaphor. This is literally what we learnt about in the lead up to the Third Reich.
Agreed. Not all of the republicans, though. Some of them can still think for themselves rationally. Unfortunately, the GOP has the rational republicans in their sights to be "primaried" or stripped of their legislative committee assignments and stations.

74x12

So obviously this has been hinted at a great deal since the infamous R v W decision.
Now not being American I won’t pretend to understand how that would work. Just that from the outside looking in, it looks like the US is vying to be the most archaic and backwards modern civilisation in modern history.
Sorry.
That’s just how it looks on the world stage.

Now I’m hearing that many of the US states are going to try to reinforce anti sodomy laws.
Is that seriously what you guys want?

Have at it, guys. Chat, discuss and debate about it.
I’m just thankful that my country actually has some freedom.;)
First I've heard of this. Seems like baseless fear mongering from the left wing biased news.

tarasan

Many States banning abortion are leaving the enforcement of such laws to their citizens. I wouldn't be surprised if these States extend this style of enforcement to these proposed anti-sodomy laws.

From what I read from the source it was just some guy saying he would defend the sodimy laws if they ever came up in discussion did I misread?

Are u saying that citizens will have the same rights to arrest as the police, to detain people etc?

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
First I've heard of this. Seems like baseless fear mongering from the left wing biased news.
My news media has said the same. And I mean the neutral one. We no doubt have politically biased news programs. But the national nightly news is pretty neutral. I think so anyway

tarasan

The Republicans.

I can only speak to my perspective. But the recent actions of the Republican Party does seem like it eerily replicates the same exact tactics of the literal Nazis. And I don’t mean that as a metaphor. This is literally almost a 1 for 1 for what we learnt about in the lead up to the Third Reich.

Yeah I have been trying to keep a bit abreast of it too buddy and I really don't see it. I think alot of this is scare mongering from the left as they are throwing their toys outta the pramm. Can u tell how they have done so?

crossfire

Premium Member
From what I read from the source it was just some guy saying he would defend the sodimy laws if they ever came up in discussion did I misread?

Are u saying that citizens will have the same rights to arrest as the police, to detain people etc?
With the anti-abortion laws, any joe-blow off the street can sue anyone helping a woman obtain an abortion through the courts for $10,000 or more, depending on the State. I'm afraid they are going to extend this style of enforcement to new laws. It's a way for these States to get around Constitutional rights--let the citizens do it, not the government.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah I have been trying to keep a bit abreast of it too buddy and I really don't see it. I think alot of this is scare mongering from the left as they are throwing their toys outta the pramm. Can u tell how they have done so?
I’m not American so I don’t know the ins and outs of your system.
And I agree that there is a sense of sensationalism. But it’s not out of the realms of realism right? Texas isn’t exactly known to be very progressive by reputation, after all
If it did indeed enact such laws or rather repeal laws, it wouldn’t exactly be a surprise.
Now would it?

tarasan

With the anti-abortion laws, any joe-blow off the street can sue anyone helping a woman obtain an abortion through the courts for $10,000 or more, depending on the State.

Yeah it's illegal now buddy, u tend to get punished if you help people do illegal things. How is that fascist?

tarasan

I’m not American so I don’t know the ins and outs of your system.
And I agree that there is a sense of sensationalism. But it’s not out of the realms of realism right? Texas isn’t exactly known to be very progressive by reputation, after all
If it did indeed enact such laws or rather repeal laws, it wouldn’t exactly be a surprise.
Now would it?

Just because u arnt the most progressive state doesn't mean Ur gonna be a nazi. I mean that's a bit much u gotta admitt buddy.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Just because u arnt the most progressive state doesn't mean Ur gonna be a nazi. I mean that's a bit much u gotta admitt buddy.
Whilst I agree with such a sentiment.
Apathy is what actually lead the US to such a dilemma. Wouldn’t you agree? The apathy towards voting, the apathy towards real change.
The very notion of allowing Nazi ideology to bloom is often attributed to apathy. Both academically and even by those in such circumstances. Both modern and in Germany at the time. Which is interesting
All I’m really saying is maybe don’t underestimate your competition? The Jan 6 riots should be an indicator of how seriously some folk take their political positions, no?
All this nonsense to say really. Vigilance is always preferable. If you have an honest to gods politician who has a chance at winning at the polls, shouldn’t you be taking their claims seriously? Like their alleged claim that they would uphold anti sodomy laws if push came to shove?

crossfire

Premium Member
Yeah it's illegal now buddy, u tend to get punished if you help people do illegal things. How is that fascist?
1. Some of the groups leading it are openly Fascists/neo-nazis.
2. The Gestapo was an enforcement arm of a fascist regime that relied on citizen informants. The only difference here is that the government is more open about it, telling their citizen informants to take it to their lawyers instead of to the secret police.

tarasan

Whilst I agree with such a sentiment.
Apathy is what actually lead the US to such a dilemma. Wouldn’t you agree? The apathy towards voting, the apathy towards real change.
The very notion of allowing Nazi ideology to bloom is often attributed to apathy. Both academically and even by those in such circumstances. Both modern and in Germany at the time. Which is interesting
All I’m really saying is maybe don’t underestimate your competition? The Jan 6 riots should be an indicator of how seriously some folk take their political positions, no?
All this nonsense to say really. Vigilance is always preferable. If you have an honest to gods politician who has a chance at winning at the polls, shouldn’t you be taking their claims seriously? Like their alleged claim that they would uphold anti sodomy laws if push came to shove?

You are massively stretching mate I it's not good characaturing a group of people especially if u are gonna have to talk to them. I mean this is why the divide is so large each side think the other is going to be the next Hitler or Stalin. I mean how can a country function like that. At some point they have to compromise whichout going ape. And need I remind you of the BLM riots and antifa. Both sides have sinned sir

tarasan

1. Some of the groups leading it are openly Fascists/neo-nazis.
2. The Gestapo was an enforcement arm of a fascist regime that relied on citizen informants. The only difference here is that the government is more open about it, telling their citizen informants to take it to their lawyers instead of to the secret police.

Yes bigots exist buddy, on both sides of the political spectrum.

You... Are aware that people informed the police about illegal acts before is was overturned right?

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
You are massively stretching mate I it's not good characaturing a group of people especially if u are gonna have to talk to them. I mean this is why the divide is so large each side think the other is going to be the next Hitler or Stalin. I mean how can a country function like that. At some point they have to compromise whichout going ape. And need I remind you of the BLM riots and antifa. Both sides have sinned sir
I agree.
But they said the same about Hitler when he was first rising to power
“Oh he’s just a little strict”
“Oh Germany will be fine”
“Oh he’s just whipping them into shape.”
There’s a reason why the US didn’t officially enter the war until like the 1940s despite there being reason to beforehand. The official leaders all dismissed Hitler’s ambitions at first.
We need to be vigilant. We need to learn from the mistakes of the past.
I do not suggest any reps are themselves Nazis (some might be though I dunno lol.)
Just that we should nip things in the bud when they do read their ugly head.
Remember the various texts literally emploring people to do exactly that? Come on now. Be vigilant

tarasan

I agree.
But they said the same about Hitler when he was first rising to power
“Oh he’s just a little strict”
“Oh Germany will be fine”
“Oh he’s just whipping them into shape.”
There’s a reason why the US didn’t officially enter the war until like the 1940s despite there being reason to beforehand. The official leaders all dismissed Hitler’s ambitions at first.
We need to be vigilant. We need to learn from the mistakes of the past.
I do not suggest any reps are themselves Nazis (some might though lol.)
Just that we should nip things in the bud when they do read their ugly head.
Remember the various texts literally exploring people to do exactly that? Come on now. Be vigilant

You can't talk with people who u think could be Nazis just because u disagree with them politically. I mean have u been vigilante over the democrats? Have been watching them as tightly as u have watched the republicans? Honestly it just seems like the subtext of what Ur saying is " I think their Nazis despite no evidence"

crossfire

Premium Member
Yes bigots exist buddy, on both sides of the political spectrum.

You... Are aware that people informed the police about illegal acts before is was overturned right?
The police are not the ones empowered to enforce these laws.