• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another view on Bible violence (applies to any Scripture)

Select (multiple) the responses that agree with you:

• 01: God did all the violent acts as described in the Bible

• 02: God did not do all the violent acts as described in the Bible

• 03: Humans did violent acts similar as described in the Bible

• 04: Humans did not do violent acts similar as described in the Bible

• 05: It makes sense that humans did some of these violent acts God allegedly did

• 06: It makes no sense that humans did some of these violent acts God allegedly did

• 07: I believe in "Common Sense before Divine Sense"

• 08: I believe not in "Common Sense before Divine Sense"

• 09: The old testament is about mythology

• 10: The Old Testament is not mythology

Results are only viewable after voting.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
There are some good guys but i do think the faith promotes an us and them attitude.
Do you think we should (can) question others as to their belief and then perhaps make a decision as to whether we accept it?

YoursTrue

The question was asked to me, if you mean to see my answer, I did reply quite in detail, giving my opinion about this
So, probably, you mean here, that you like to see the true answer, given by God. I think that is the best to go about these things
I can't see an answer as if it's given by God that says He knows what Adam and Eve plus others would do when put to the test.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I can't see an answer as if it's given by God that says He knows what Adam and Eve plus others would do when put to the test.
I meant with "So, probably, you mean here, that you like to see the true answer, given by God"
That you want that God Himself tells you the answer, because only then you know for sure you have the true answer;)

Hawkins

Humans miscalculated the morality of God.

The purpose of planet earth is for evil to fully show up, openly witnessed and evidenced such that evil can be legitimately eliminated through the lawful/legal process known us the Final Judgment. This is the basis of how an evil-free Heaven can be built.

In parallel, God has to extend His message of salvation (in terms of the series of covenants) across all mankind. There is a fundamental conflict between the two situations, that is, evil with its full extent is allowed to be displayed (some as indicated by the story of Eden, is a result of Satan's influence) and the job of conveying God's message. Under Satan's influence, Canaanites are to stop God's plan. God eliminated them (He must do so through only a people which is Israel (referred to as God's chosen people) such that salvation can be brought to today's humans through the Jews.

God's morality is to save souls (referred to as His sheep). He kills the already dead Canaanites in order for both their evil fully displayed (such as practicing children sacrifice), and God salvation conveyed through the survival of the Jews.

Hawkins

It is a multi fold prophecy. Humans end up rely more on science (knowledge the Tree) than on His Word, under the influence of the devil (Satan has a strong influence to this world intangibly). They thus will see their doom as the day you choose to eat of it the day you shall surely die. There's nothing wrong with science itself, but the knowledge under the name of "science" is a manipulation of the devil for humans to fall for, and to lose their life on it.

To put it another way, it's nothing wrong that science exists there. You are told not to eat of it in a way you make use of it to fight God (and His Word). But under the influence of the devil you apply science that way to fight God and Christianity. You are doing this by betting your life on it. It is thus warned that the day of eat of it, the same day you shall surely die.

The story has other meanings more this. For example, the Tree of Life represents how life will go on after death. If you know how it continues you are already God as the fundamental difference between humans and God is that humans don't know a future while God knows. How life continues is thus "hidden" from the reach of humans. So you don't know if life will go on after a physical death.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

It is a multi fold prophecy. Humans end up rely more on science (knowledge the Tree) than on His Word, under the influence of the devil (Satan has a strong influence to this world intangibly). They thus will see their doom as the day you choose to eat of it the day you shall surely die. There's nothing wrong with science itself, but the knowledge under the name of "science" is a manipulation of the devil for humans to fall for, and to lose their life on it.

To put it another way, it's nothing wrong that science exists there. You are told not to eat of it in a way you make use of it to fight God (and His Word). But under the influence of the devil you apply science that way to fight God and Christianity. You are doing this by betting your life on it. It is thus warned that the day of eat of it, the same day you shall surely die.

The story has other meanings more this. For example, the Tree of Life represents how life will go on after death. If you know how it continues you are already God as the fundamental difference between humans and God is that humans don't know a future while God knows. How life continues is thus "hidden" from the reach of humans. So you don't know if life will go on after a physical death.
How do you know the Tree of Life represents how life will go on after death? It is written in Genesis that Adam and Eve were prevented from eating from the Tree of Life.
From the King James version:
Genesis 3:22 - And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

YoursTrue

I meant with "So, probably, you mean here, that you like to see the true answer, given by God"
That you want that God Himself tells you the answer, because only then you know for sure you have the true answer;)
God told me his answer by means of putting 2+2 together in the Bible. No rational sane person would put a test (and such an extreme test of life and death before a person) knowing they would fail. At least not a loving, kind person. And then punish them for failing.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
God O as the bodies o and O eternal sound masses that fell out of the eternal body, for one reason. Research and applied change. To no longer communicate in the eternal spirit using the correct language. As the spirit entity living spirit in the eternal, from where we were spiritually released from.

We WERE NOT released from God O the stone planet. The gases of the stone Immaculate were released from the end of GOD finished completed burnt/evolved cooled journey. Once the language of spirit in spirit.

How it was explained to me. Not by the eternal being that does not speak, but by all of the human spiritual aware lives, self experience together in an AI encoded/recorded feed back memory. Just as they die, the human says suddenly I knew everything. They gave us the message their own selves. In that moment, shared communal human awareness of returning to the spirit body that we all owned first.

The eternal, that never left the eternal. Exactly how it was taught.

God o O sounds left the eternal and fell, burst and burnt and evolved, and ended in the highest spatial condition coldest. O stone was the end form of God in space.

Its heavens, that became the Immaculate filled back in empty space, but it was changed eternal historically. It cooled enough to still be enabled to communicate back to the eternal. The formed owned existing spirit in all the same body got released out of the eternal.

The Tree garden Nature got grounded as radiating light was still cooling in the spatial vacuum, and radiating radiation arose up out of the ground, but it cooled and so pulled the spirit hovering above the ground into grounding.

By the time our parents came out of spirit, we could walk on the ground. How spirit explained why Nature and bodies are so diverse, it is impossible that it began from the stone microbes that still exist in their own natural forms.

The theme of Adam and Eve was to change the balances of 12 light gas burning and 12 clear gas not burning. Just in that first science view, the 2 12 bodies are not the same condition.

Science therefore did a truly evil act against life. The SIN of its origin, human chosen as the documents state was to eat of the SINE frequencies, increase the radiation effect so that it changed the radio wave/radiation sine signals.

Which sacrificed/killed life. How it was taught as scientific relativity against occult Satanic human male sciences. Who changed the radiating condition of natural planet Earth history their own self.

stvdv

God told me his answer by means of putting 2+2 together in the Bible.
Okay, I understand

No rational sane person would put a test (and such an extreme test of life and death before a person) knowing they would fail.
I don't know what God would do in general, I do know from my experiences, that God went extreme with me, but only out of Love; nobody got ever hurt. God even knew I would fail His tests, but that was exactly the point, I had to learn the lesson to "know" that God exists and comes to my rescue if and whenever I need Him

At least not a loving, kind person. And then punish them for failing.
God will never punish me for failing, this I know.

God created everything, so of course also evil;). I have no problem admitting that:D. That is a tough one to wrap my mind around though....

Actually, evil is like darkness, or emptiness, it is lack of good, nothing really. Therefore, it does not need to be created, it is what remains when good is rejected, or if we are without God (good).

stvdv

Actually, evil is like darkness, or emptiness, it is lack of good, nothing really. Therefore, it does not need to be created, it is what remains when good is rejected, or if we are without God (good).
IF a Hitler kills 6 million Jews, I don't call that "nothing really", it's also not just "lack of good".

YoursTrue

Okay, I understand

I don't know what God would do in general, I do know from my experiences, that God went extreme with me, but only out of Love; nobody got ever hurt. God even knew I would fail His tests, but that was exactly the point, I had to learn the lesson to "know" that God exists and comes to my rescue if and whenever I need Him

When Jesus was dying he was in extreme pain. Some in the crowd were ridiculing him, telling him to get off the stake if he was the son of God. I appreciate your sentiments. The most important part in life is to develop a good relationship with God Almighty by means of the sacrifice of His dear Son. And when we do, we have the assurance that He intends to help all those that love Him. This does not mean He will protect them from every stressful circumstance, but we have that hope set before us.
Matthew 13:46 - "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls. 46When he found one very precious pearl, he went away and sold all he had and bought it. " (This does not mean that the merchant never suffered after that...but that he lived for that very precious pearl.)

YoursTrue

IF a Hitler kills 6 million Jews, I don't call that "nothing really", it's also not just "lack of good".
There are so many, many bad, bad things right "from the beginning," that the idea of a new heaven and new earth certainly makes sense. Take care and have a good night.

YoursTrue

Okay, I understand

None of us can tell God we deserve life.

stvdv

1) I appreciate your sentiments.
2) The most important part in life is to develop a good relationship with God Almighty
3) by means of the sacrifice of His dear Son
1) Thank you, but I would appreciate it, if you would take note of point 3)
2) For me too, this is indeed the mostonly important part in my life
3) This is Truth for Christians. But you should not phrase it as "Truth for all" on RF, as e.g. Sanathana Dharma [The Eternal Religion] is my Truth

stvdv

When Jesus was dying he was in extreme pain. Some in the crowd were ridiculing him, telling him to get off the stake if he was the son of God
Yes, I even see this happening nowadays, people demand Spiritual proof of others. IMO one must find this key oneself

And when we do, we have the assurance that He intends to help all those that love Him. This does not mean He will protect them from every stressful circumstance
When God came in my life, it seemed that stress increased, but God's Grace made it possible to deal with it
And I have experienced that the concept of God works very well for me; I would not want it any other way

1) There are so many, many bad, bad things right "from the beginning,"
2) That the idea of a new heaven and new earth certainly makes sense.
3) Take care and have a good night.
1) I agree there are many bad things. My Scripture teaches that the beginning is good (Satya Yuga) AND goes back millions of years
2) For me it does make sense there will be a new and good beginning, as my Scriptures declare the beginning is good; Satya Yuga
3) Thank you...I had a good night. I wish you one for tonight; with a nice dream of Jesus (Deo Volente)

None of us can tell God we deserve life.
I agree.
In case you got the impression that I thought differently, I can assure you I would never say nor think that. As I believe that "Life" is a gift from God. And my Master was very clear on this "In the past God came to destroy the wicked; none would be spared now". No illusions for me:)

YoursTrue

Yes, I even see this happening nowadays, people demand Spiritual proof of others. IMO one must find this key oneself

When God came in my life, it seemed that stress increased, but God's Grace made it possible to deal with it
And I have experienced that the concept of God works very well for me; I would not want it any other way

1) I agree there are many bad things. My Scripture teaches that the beginning is good (Satya Yuga) AND goes back millions of years
2) For me it does make sense there will be a new and good beginning, as my Scriptures declare the beginning is good; Satya Yuga
3) Thank you...I had a good night. I wish you one for tonight; with a nice dream of Jesus (Deo Volente)

I agree.
In case you got the impression that I thought differently, I can assure you I would never say nor think that. As I believe that "Life" is a gift from God. And my Master was very clear on this "In the past God came to destroy the wicked; none would be spared now". No illusions for me:)
I am very glad to know that God will wipe away all things that cause harm. Revelation 21 beings out that God will wipe out every tear. So I am glad to know that.