• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another view on Bible violence (applies to any Scripture)

Select (multiple) the responses that agree with you:

• 01: God did all the violent acts as described in the Bible

• 02: God did not do all the violent acts as described in the Bible

• 03: Humans did violent acts similar as described in the Bible

• 04: Humans did not do violent acts similar as described in the Bible

• 05: It makes sense that humans did some of these violent acts God allegedly did

• 06: It makes no sense that humans did some of these violent acts God allegedly did

• 07: I believe in "Common Sense before Divine Sense"

• 08: I believe not in "Common Sense before Divine Sense"

• 09: The old testament is about mythology

• 10: The Old Testament is not mythology

Results are only viewable after voting.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I am very glad to know that God will wipe away all things that cause harm. Revelation 21 beings out that God will wipe out every tear. So I am glad to know that.
"Cause harm" is a broad concept

I once hit our dog, who was about to bite little kids. I could have just picked up the dog instead. The dog loves me, but never forgot it. I caused harm.

25 years ago, I broke off a relationship with a woman, which hurt her, so I caused her harm

So, I hope God does not wipe away all things (persons) that caused harm

I think nobody will survive, if God follows Revelation 21

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)

I once hit our dog, who was about to bite little kids. I could have just picked up the dog instead. The dog loves me, but never forgot it. I caused harm.

25 years ago, I broke off a relationship with a woman, which hurt her, so I caused her harm

I think nobody will survive, is God follows Revelation 21
It means more than that. You protected others by restraining the dog. Similarly there was a death penalty for certain crimes iisted in the Bible. But in God's new earth, which He promises at isaiah chapter 65, man will be at peace with the animals in the future. Also, He will put an end to death. So that really means everlasting happiness. Otherwise we'd have to walk around with pain. And God promised to do away with pain and suffering. That means that we must also learn a new way of life. Regards.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Much more than one city is spoken of the Bible. Jerusalem, Samaria, Pharaohs, Roman rulership, teachings of the Jews, leaders in Israel. Much, much more.
Historically, the importance of the Bible is a given.
I was referring to the Genesis, mostly.

YoursTrue

Historically, the importance of the Bible is a given.
I was referring to the Genesis, mostly.
OK. While I can't "argue" about everything in the Bible, I do take it as historically and distinctly accurate. Right now I know many, if not most people do not believe Adam and Eve were created approximately 6,000 years ago, but I take the Bible's word for it. And yes, there are allegories also in the Bible, which people can have different interpretations for. Regards.

YoursTrue

I think nobody will survive, is God follows Revelation 21
Just saying that we all cause harm, sometimes without realizing it. God can forgive us for these things if we are truly sorry and desire to change.