• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another transparent newsflash from good-ole Joe

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The "facts" which some would ignore are less factual, & more an interpretation which isn't shared.
But that's not what I'm talking about. The facts I'm talking about are the ones Alceste is talking about. They "may be" not be as factual to others in how they want to spin it but that's not what I'm talking about.
But what I'm talking about is that many who would accuse others of "spin" will do it themselves, often without even knowing it.
If one dwells too much upon demonizing one's foe, one loses objectivity.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
But what I'm talking about is that many who would accuse others of "spin" will do it themselves, often without even knowing it.
If one dwells too much upon demonizing one's foe, one loses objectivity.

But I don't see how this has anything to do with my response to Alceste or even the comment she made.....:shrug:

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
That's not honest. When America joins the rest of the world in the 20th century (a little late, yes) and starts providing for the security of her citizens through universal health care, think of all the graves of middle class ill people that will be emptied.
But that is not the case with Obama Care Wirey. It's not a single payer system, it is a requirement that some folks will not be able to pay for and will be penalised and set back further.

The Democrats passed Obama Care without a single Republican vote and yet they make excuses why they did not go for the real deal.

I will not mince words, I was against the whole thing, but if your going to shove something down my throat, at least have the decency to enact a quality system not the crappy half baked program we have to look forward to that does not cover everyone.

Back after the election, Obama had a Democratic majority in the SENATE AND HOUSE AND COULD HAVE PASSED ANYTHING THEY LIKED!

Alceste

Vagabond
This has been pointed out over and over but some seem to ignore these facts.

Tell me about it. It's tragic

The "facts" which some would ignore are less factual, & more an interpretation which isn't shared.
It appears that both sides have some rather extreme ways of seeing each other.

House Republican Budget Plan without Unspecified Base Broadeners; Baseline: Current Policy; Distribution of Federal Tax Change by Cash Income Level, 2015

T12-0126.GIF

Alceste

Vagabond
But that is not the case with Obama Care Wirey. It's not a single payer system, it is a requirement that some folks will not be able to pay for and will be penalised and set back further.

The Democrats passed Obama Care without a single Republican vote and yet they make excuses why they did not go for the real deal.

I will not mince words, I was against the whole thing, but if your going to shove something down my throat, at least have the decency to enact a quality system not the crappy half baked program we have to look forward to that does not cover everyone.

Back after the election, Obama had a Democratic majority in the SENATE AND HOUSE AND COULD HAVE PASSED ANYTHING THEY LIKED!

There's a limit to how much the Democrats can accomplish with their party infested with Blue Dogs. Hell, Obama himself is a bit of a Blue Dog. It's a pity you don't have two more political parties. One for Goldwater Republicans and one for Progressives. Then you could leave the GOP to the extremist right wing lunatics who have taken it over and leave the Democrats to the Blue Dogs.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass

Though our motives obviously differ, I'm right there with you. The whole debacle was disgusting, and now we're stuck with this lame cop out. Inexcusable. If they were just going to reform private insurance practices (which I grant, was sorely needed), they should have done so without forcing people to buy into a fundamentally broken system.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
There's a limit to how much the Democrats can accomplish with their party infested with Blue Dogs. Hell, Obama himself is a bit of a Blue Dog. It's a pity you don't have two more political parties. One for Goldwater Republicans and one for Progressives. Then you could leave the GOP to the extremist right wing lunatics who have taken it over and leave the Democrats to the Blue Dogs.
That would be nice.....

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Though our motives obviously differ, I'm right there with you. The whole debacle was disgusting, and now we're stuck with this lame cop out. Inexcusable. If they were just going to reform private insurance practices (which I grant, was sorely needed), they should have done so without forcing people to buy into a fundamentally broken system.
It's like no one won. Not Progressives and surely not Conservatives. The only winner I see is the insurance companies. What a wet dream for them, forcing folks to buy their products.

People can say car insurance is the same way, but I protest, I can take the bus or a taxi or even walk for that matter. At least I have a choice with auto insurance.

I can tell you what is going to happen, we are going to be told our existing insurance is not compliant and we need this new and improved plan. When i get a quote for the premium it is going to be more than I can afford so I will have to pay the penalty instead of providing my employees with health insurance. It will be like throwing them to the wolves while my hands will be tied. You can't crap money you don't have no matter how bad you want to.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
It's like no one won. Not Progressives and surely not Conservatives. The only winner I see is the insurance companies. What a wet dream for them, forcing folks to buy their products.

People can say car insurance is the same way, but I protest, I can take the bus or a taxi or even walk for that matter. At least I have a choice with auto insurance.

I can tell you what is going to happen, we are going to be told our existing insurance is not compliant and we need this new and improved plan. When i get a quote for the premium it is going to be more than I can afford so I will have to pay the penalty instead of provide my employees with health insurance. It will be like throwing them to the wolves while my hands will be tied. You can't crap money you don't have no matter how bad you want to.
Sucks for everyone.