• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another option for Peace in the ME?

Tumah

Veteran Member
My idea is the Jews should sell off the land and assets they are owed from the Arab countries and then use it to buy Palestinian Arabs a parcel of land somewhere where they can live happily ever after.

What about the Jewish Nakba?
The war against the fledgling Jewish state ended in resounding defeat. But among those who paid the price were the hundreds of thousands of Jews in the Arab countries. Take note, not all were expelled; but those who weren't knew, too, that their time was up. There've been attempts here and there to gauge the value of the Jewish property left behind in Arab states.

According to estimates offered by economist Sidney Zabludoff, assets abandoned by Arab refugees amount to $3.9 billion, as opposed to the $6 billion in assets abandoned by Jewish refugees (in 2007 terms). There are other assessments too.

Recognizing the Jewish Nakba
The exodus began 60 years ago when Arab states, hell-bent on crushing the new state of Israel militarily, also turned on their peaceful Jewish communities. Street violence killed over 150 Jews. Within 10 years, more than half the Jews had fled or been expelled, following discriminatory legislation, extortion, arrests, internment and executions. Those who remained became subjugated, political hostages of the Arab-Israeli conflict.

Today 99.5% - all but 4,500 - have gone. As the historian Nathan Weinstock has observed, not even the Jews of 1939 Germany had been so thoroughly "ethnically cleansed".

Expelled Jews hold deeds on Arab lands
About 850,000 Jews fled Arab countries after Israel's founding in 1948, leaving behind assets valued today at more than $300 billion, said Heskel M. Haddad. He added that the New York-based organization has decades-old property deeds of Jews from Arab countries on a total area of 100,000 sq.km. - which is five times the size of the State of Israel.

The Jewish Nakba: far worse than the Arab
However, there is another Nakba: the Jewish Nakba. During those same years, there was a long line of slaughters, pogroms, property confiscation of and deportations − against Jews in Islamic countries. This chapter of history has been left in the shadows. The Jewish Nakba was worse than the Palestinian Nakba. The only difference is that the Jews did not turn that Nakba into their founding ethos. To the contrary.

Like tens of millions of other refugees around the world, they preferred to heal the wound. Not to scratch it and not to open it and not to make it bleed even more. The Palestinians, in contrast, preferred bleeding to rehabilitation. And now they are also paying the price.

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I figure you only own the land if you can defend/protect it. If you can't then you don't really own it.

JRMcC

My idea is the Jews should sell off the land and assets they are owed from the Arab countries and then use it to buy Arabs a parcel of land somewhere where they can live happily ever after.

Wha? Arabs have plenty of land to live on already.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Peace in the ME?????????????????
Has a lot to do with the Jews but why do the persist in killing EACH OTHER and
have since well before Islam when it was tribe killing tribe?
I don't think the people of the ME know how to live in peace.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
For peace to happen, both sides need to cooperate.

But a good start would be for Hamas to accept Israels right to exist. They could use their money to better their people,.instead on ways to carry on violence.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I hate to be a boo-bird, but as long as you have elements like Hamas around, there will not be peace no matter how much land Palestinians and other Arabs may have. The reason is simply that these elements view this as a religious struggle of the domination over what they believe is "Islamic land", based especially on what's taught in the Hadith. If one doubts this, check out Hamas' website or listen to what their leaders have repeatedly stated, whereas they call for the destruction of the state of Israel-- no compromise.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I don't think there will ever be peace there, the anger is too deep within them all, as long as they stay where they are killing each other, then I don't care.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
But its true, isn't it ?

I'm Middle Eastern and have lived my whole life in the Middle East. I doubt you know more about the region than I do. Your comment reeks of generalization and apathy toward the suffering of millions of innocent people, who you chose to lump with the extremists and terrorists.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I'm Middle Eastern and have lived my whole life in the Middle East. I doubt you know more about the region than I do. Your comment reeks of generalization and apathy toward the suffering of millions of innocent people, who you chose to lump with the extremists and terrorists.
I speak for many people, most people I know are sick and tired of hearing about the Middle East, all because of some stupid land supposedly given by God lol.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I speak for many people, most people I know are sick and tired of hearing about the Middle East, all because of some stupid land supposedly given by God lol.

The Middle East is not just Israel or Palestine. That's only one of the conflicts going on in the area.