• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Animals In The Afterlife

chinu

chinu
If for heaven you ask.. Who will be there to greet you ?
Than according to me, there will be nobody other than God to greet you there because everything merges into God after being into heaven, even you will also merge into God.

Now, If for animals you ask ?
Yes, animals have souls but their souls need to pass through human species in order to qualify for heaven.:)

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Very touching video.

As I best understand it, animals have temporary astral bodies too and will spend pleasant time on the astral plane. Eventually they will return to their group soul.

However in the special case of higher animals (pets, dogs, cats, horses, elephants) that had a great deal of love and contact with humans, they also have the chance to make the next evolutionary leap and 'individualize' and not rejoin their group soul but form an 'individual' soul and take incarnation as humans the next time around.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
When your 'time' comes and you pass over all those you have loved and who have loved you (who have passed over) will be there to greet you, both the two-legged - and the four ...

Do Animals Go To Heaven? | NDE Accounts

A reminder, if one be needed, that animals have souls as we do and are on their own evolutionary path...

This is true for the most part. However, we may or may not be greeted by our loved ones...at least not all of them. The ones that already crossed over into another life will not be there. However, we can always send them our love on their journey.

Knight of Albion

Very touching video.

As I best understand it, animals have temporary astral bodies too and will spend pleasant time on the astral plane. Eventually they will return to their group soul.

However in the special case of higher animals (pets, dogs, cats, horses, elephants) that had a great deal of love and contact with humans, they also have the chance to make the next evolutionary leap and 'individualize' and not rejoin their group soul but form an 'individual' soul and take incarnation as humans the next time around.

Yes. Animals that have felt the warmth of human love and companionship acquire individualization, which they retain after death.
And yes again, the 'next step' in animal evolution is incarnation in human guise.

Knight of Albion

This is true for the most part. However, we may or may not be greeted by our loved ones...at least not all of them. The ones that already crossed over into another life will not be there. However, we can always send them our love on their journey.

I take it you are alluding to reincarnation. That very much depends on your perception of the duration between earthly incarnations. My understanding is that for the most part there can be many years between incarnations.
Though as you suggest for some there is a burning desire to return and they do so. But then again, we visit the astral in our sleep so even in such a case there would be a meeting in spirit.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
I take it you are alluding to reincarnation. That very much depends on your perception of the duration between earthly incarnations. My understanding is that for the most part there can be many years between incarnations.
Though as you suggest for some there is a burning desire to return and they do so. But then again, we visit the astral in our sleep so even in such a case there would be a meeting in spirit.

I do agree with you. There are sometimes hundreds of years between incarnations, but then again, there are those that pass over quickly.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
It's irrelevant what body the soul pertains to - a soul is the same universally, no matter the species. Since I believe animals have a spiritual spark as well as humans do - I believe they are no exception to the eternal cycle of spiritual recycling.

The physical body is simply a shell, it's not the person. In that case, if a soul pertains to an animal it really doesn't cancel it out.

George-ananda

Premium Member
It's irrelevant what body the soul pertains to - a soul is the same universally, no matter the species. Since I believe animals have a spiritual spark as well as humans do - I believe they are no exception to the eternal cycle of spiritual recycling.

The physical body is simply a shell, it's not the person. In that case, if a soul pertains to an animal it really doesn't cancel it out.

I think I see what you're saying.

That's why I try to distinguish spirit and soul as two different concepts. The same spirit animates everything; humans and animals. Spirit knows no birth or death.

Soul on the other hand is a temporary body on a higher spiritual plane that evolves through experiences with incarnations on the lower planes. The soul is still a temporary body that persists for many lifetimes/incarnations. Spirit is what animates the soul and all life forms.

Humans have individualized souls and animals have group souls. Although certain higher animals in contact with humans can individualize and separate from their group. They will likely incarnate as a new-soul human.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
It is all physical, even that which we call the "spirit or soul". It is part of the fundamental forces of nature. That is why the spirit or soul never ceases, it only changes form and remanifests differently over and over. All things have this animating force, even trees and rocks and lakes and mountains. Everything changes form, even our own consciousness, but that collection of information is never truly destroyed. It reappears and assumes another identity, continuing that natural cycle. That is how I see it, and that is why I consider myself an animist.
---

Last edited:

kashmir

If this is true, there is going to be a lot of people that will explaining to do on why they torture animals for fun or personal gains.

George-ananda

Premium Member
If this is true, there is going to be a lot of people that will explaining to do on why they torture animals for fun or personal gains.

I wonder about 'for food' too? Especially when it's been shown that an intelligent modern vegan diet (no animal products) can be as healthy or healthier than a non-vegan diet. At that point does killing animals become just 'fun' for our palate?

Note: Kashmir, I see your a bacon fan and I'm not a vegan either as I eat dairy. So, I'm not trying to be critical of us non-vegans but I think what I said here is good 'food' for thought (pun intended).

I think veganism is the best moral choice but I don't follow it. I eat out a lot and I feel too limited as it is. But I do question myself.

P.S. I basically follow hindu-vegetarianism that includes dairy. But I think this diet was formed at a time when cows were sacred and well treated for life. In modern society, I shudder at how cows are treated and what becomes of males born and cows when their milk production is no longer profitable. I can't help but think if we were there to observe everything, there would be more vegans in this world.

Last edited:

Farrukh

i know what will happen with animals. but it is useless to explain it to them who even don't know what is going to happen with themselves. lool

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I wonder about 'for food' too? Especially when it's been shown that an intelligent modern vegan diet (no animal products) can be as healthy or healthier than a non-vegan diet. At that point does killing animals become just 'fun' for our palate?

Note: Kashmir, I see your a bacon fan and I'm not a vegan either as I eat dairy. So, I'm not trying to be critical of us non-vegans but I think what I said here is good 'food' for thought (pun intended).

I think veganism is the best moral choice but I don't follow it. I eat out a lot and I feel too limited as it is. But I do question myself.

P.S. I basically follow hindu-vegetarianism that includes dairy. But I think this diet was formed at a time when cows were sacred and well treated for life. In modern society, I shudder at how cows are treated and what becomes of males born and cows when their milk production is no longer profitable. I can't help but think if we were there to observe everything, there would be more vegans in this world.

I don't think eating meat itself is a bad thing, since other animals eat meat and surely they're not immoral for it. I don't think there's anything wrong with hunting an animal, killing it quickly and then eating it. The real problem is that we have turned sentient beings into nothing more than products to be used and consumed. We brutalize and torture them in the most extreme ways that it is psychopathic. Not only for food but for things like fur and other body parts that are really unnecessary, for things like fashion.

Of course the profit motive is largely to blame for this since it turns everything into a commodity. Sure, there's human ways to farm and slaughter animals. There's even human ways to kill animals for fur. But since capitalism wants more, more in a never-ending drive to make more money, they have to be "processed" as quickly and cheaply as possible. So we have industrial slaughterhouses which are simply torture factories and poor people in Asian countries skinning animals alive for the fur trade.

I remember when those "crush videos" where really controversial and there was a big outcry over that. But what about the millions or billions of animals that are killed in factory farms in the most obscene and torturous ways?

kashmir

I don't know, maybe I am I hypocrite to eat meat, yet I know that people torture animals and its disturbing to me.
I honestly can not even watch the "in the eyes of an angel" commercials.
I have to turn the channel, things like that never leave my conscious.

I feel that because pigs,cows,chickens, etc should be treated decently, and put down for food in a humane manor, it makes it ok to eat them.

In my eyes, torturing rabbits to death, so we can have better shampoo, is as inhumane as one can get :(

George-ananda

Premium Member
I honestly can not even watch the "in the eyes of an angel" commercials.
I have to turn the channel, things like that never leave my conscious.

I wonder how society would respond if an activist vegan group did the "in the eyes of an angel" commercial to the saddest scenes they could find at factory farms.

What a controversy that would stir.