• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Animal killing

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,
The following is the view of friend .lava in response to the thread *animal sacrifice during Hajj*

i believe animal life is scared but it not more sacred than human life.

Kindly respond what each one of you believe or feel. This is not a debate or to demean any one view but it is about sharing and allowing each one to learn and grow in consciousness.

Love & rgds

Friend zenzero, my feelings on lavas quote is this: ALL life is sacred. Period. Wether its humans, animals or plants.
I believe this is what lava intended, though it is written in a way that could be interpreted differently. If I interpreted correctly, then lavas and my beliefs are one.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend NOTHING,

Her belief allows her to kill animals for food by humans.
If your justification for eating meat is that since you are human and more SACRED you can kill them for food , then both are on the same platform.

However, here the idea is not comparison between individual's belief system but to raise awareness about our own beliefs.

Thank you for your response.
Love & rgds

Gunfingers

Happiness Incarnate
I don't believe in any kind of sanctity, but i do believe that any sapient being is entitled to what we call "human rights". The day we find a sapient animal i will definitely be opposed to killing and eting it.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Friend NOTHING,

If your justification for eating meat is that since you are human and more SACRED you can kill them for food , then both are on the same platform.
I think its very selfish and proud NOT to eat animals, it is a sense of false superiority, no human is too good not to eat other life forms. life feeds on life, this is the nature of reality on all levels. nothing is sacred, not humans, and not cows, its rubbish to call a person a saint whether he is a complete vegan and pacifist just as much as its vain to call a person who's willing to be crucified a saint, being a 'saint' is a liability. any sane person, does not want to be nor a saint, nor a 'sinner', but a normal person in a society without giving his life for anyone.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Animal life is a gift as is ours. It may, however, be taken with good purpose. Food is probably the best purpose. Aside from that, an animal can be "put down" if suffering the same as a human can be, but with less red tape.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,
Agree that there is nothing as sacred or special. Life is everything about energy in different forms which keep transforming so human gets energy from food which again is energy.
It is only a question of understanding. Science too knows that there is energy everywhere but still looking for easier, green, cheaper forms so we have solar, hydro, wind even sea waves besides maybe so many others, why?
Similarly when we evolve , we understand and in that understanding is growth.
Why kill another being not to state that plant life is not life except that it can regrow or easily replaceable. Today we find so many species of animals already extinct and fishes too are on the way to extinction.
Well if understanding does not grow humans may become cannibals and eat their own offspring??
It is all a question of understanding and realizing by BEING IT.
Love & rgds

Now it is easier to live a healthy life without eating animals. And in my opinion, it makes the animal's life invaluably sacred if we need it to survive. We depend on it. What I abhor is the cheapness granted to animal life now. I only eat what meat I take myself: hunting or fishing. That gives life a chance, a lot more than keeping them corralled or capturing in a net.
Energy IS. It is all things, just different forms. Both chaotic and order. We need different forms of it to survive. By disrespecting any form of it for our gain harms us as well as the animal. Respecting it and ourselves preserves it from negativity of generations of misuse and anger.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Friend NOTHING,

However, here the idea is not comparison between individual's belief system but to raise awareness about our own beliefs.

Thank you for your response.
Love & rgds

sorry if this isn't something i should be asking zenzero, but if human life is as sacred as that of the animals, why do animals eat humans?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend HH,
Yes agree that you hunt only what you need and not more but still if you are compassionate even some day you feel one with that fish maybe you will find another alternative.
The depth of compassion is when someone asks permission [praying] from the plants to tallow him to take a few twigs or fruits of which the individual is indebted.
Yes, agree there is no limit to sensitivity but life is all about BEING and the process is one continuous activity without beginning or end.
However, each BEING is always free which depends on that time/space zone in the process one is.
Love & rgds

I do hunt and fish, but I still pray and make it an in-depth experience, for lack of a better term. I have always felt that taking any life without permission is wrong, even plant life.

Friends,
The following is the view of friend .lava in response to the thread *animal sacrifice during Hajj*

Kindly respond what each one of you believe or feel. This is not a debate or to demean any one view but it is about sharing and allowing each one to learn and grow in consciousness.

Love & rgds

Life is precious whether you are human or non-human.I don't believe in killing unless its self defense or for survival.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
All living entities are equal on a spiritual platform. Killing in material existence is inevitable. But it should only be done if absolutely necessary (for the sake of your own survival).

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I do hunt and fish, but I still pray and make it an in-depth experience, for lack of a better term. I have always felt that taking any life without permission is wrong, even plant life.

I appreciate the intention of praying but I have not been able to understand this idea of 'permission'. Why would you think that asking permission makes it alright if the animal is not actually giving permission? I mean, if I were to ask you if I could kill you and you freaked out and ran away, would I be justified in killing you simply because I asked?

Rio Sabinas

Old Geezer
I also Hunt & Fish. I don't ask "permission", but I do acknowledge a "debt" if that would be the correct term. I understand that it's natural for life to take other life to survive. It's a great circle and at this time I'm on the part of the circle "alive". When I die my body will decompose & nourish worms, trees, grass, flowers etc. which will in turn nourish animals & fish that I have taken & it will repay my "debt" to those species. They will live because I have died.
No, I don't take much. I very seldom hunt & most of my fishing trips are "catch & release". I do get fish hungry now & then & keep a few for supper.