• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Angry mutant green crabs are destroying everything in their path

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The story is as reported by Fox so take that into account. Other reports are a lot less lurid. But I love the headline. But I was a bit surprised that the headline was not Angry Canadian mutant green crabs...

Angry green crabs from Nova Scotia, angrier than their already ornery green cousins in Maine, are migrating south. They have started to destroy the coastal ecosystem off the shores of Maine, as they eat more than their share of soft-shell clams and wreck native eel grass, according to research from Markus Frederich, a professor at the University of New England.

"What we're seeing is this insane level of aggressiveness,"

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
The story is as reported by Fox so take that into account. Other reports are a lot less lurid. But I love the headline. But I was a bit surprised that the headline was not Angry Canadian mutant green crabs...

Angry green crabs from Nova Scotia, angrier than their already ornery green cousins in Maine, are migrating south. They have started to destroy the coastal ecosystem off the shores of Maine, as they eat more than their share of soft-shell clams and wreck native eel grass, according to research from Markus Frederich, a professor at the University of New England.

Perhaps it’s a metaphor for what politics in the USA has become?:D

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

Cool beans.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
In a serious vein, "angry"? How do they know. "Mutant"? Not according to the article text. Green crabs - accurate. Destroying "everything" - not hardly.

Thus this article underlines my attitude toward that fake "news" outlet.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

CNN reported on this 20 years ago...

CNN - Green crab invades Northwest coast - November 6, 1998

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Take phasers off <stun>, & set for <Canuckistanian>.
Exactly! It’s bigger than America. I can just feel it. It’s become intergalactic now...Armageddon for sure. Better sell off your properties and head for the highest hill. “Beam me up Scotty”.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Exactly! It’s bigger than America. I can just feel it. It’s become intergalactic now...Armageddon for sure. Better sell off your properties and head for the highest hill. “Beam me up Scotty”.
I'm not too worried.
ed22d694ab5eed064c6671dcae9dd2d1--military-signs-military-humor.jpg

3c7af72153bf87346ab8a236291e931ac3731d3df209c3633b81ebc50803d0ed_1.jpg

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
So, the angry mutant green crabs are migrating south, while the killer bees are migrating north. Soon they will meet, and that will mean the end of the world.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member

Grief! Let’s all just have green crab bakes! I love crab meat!

That’s how they’re dealing with the lion fish infestation in the south.