• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Angels

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Like your story above, I am reminded of the middle-aged obese woman who was pulled from the wreckage of a disaster some days after it occurred who after being rescued raised her arms upwards exclaiming, "Jesus saved me!" all the while standing amongst the hundreds of dead around her, many of them Christians.

She believed she was special, too.

You might wish to consult a dictionary to understand those definitions.

Why not step forward and quote the book you insist upon?

Road Warrior

Seeking the middle path..
Why not step forward and quote the book you insist upon?

Don't expect an honest or forthright answer. My humble recommendation is to ignore him and move on to someone who is willing to discuss the topic and not just throw flaming bombs around the room.

A Troubled Man

My humble recommendation is to ignore him and move on to someone who is willing to discuss the topic and not just throw flaming bombs around the room.

I see that you too stayed on topic of angels with that post.

Yes, you are humble. Funny thing is, being humble would mean you wouldn't openly go around telling others to ignore people unless you had a bee in your bonnet. :D

arthra

Baha'i
Angels are people..

"By angels is meant the divine confirmations and heavenly powers. Angels are also those holy souls who have severed attachment to the earthly world, who are free from the fetters of self and passion and who have attached their hearts to the divine realm and the merciful kingdom. They are of the kingdom, heavenly; they are of the merciful One, divine. They are the manifestations of the divine grace and the dawns of spiritual bounty."

~ Abdu'l-Baha, Baha'i World Faith - Abdu'l-Baha Section, p. 409

"Ye are the angels, if your feet be firm, your spirits rejoiced, your secret thoughts pure, your eyes consoled, your ears opened, your breasts dilated with joy, and your souls gladdened, and if you arise to assist the Covenant, to resist dissension and to be attracted to the Effulgence! Verily, I say unto you that the Word of God has assuredly been explained and has become an evident sign and a strong and solid proof, and its traces shall be spread in the East and West, and to these all heads shall bow and all souls shall submit and kneel down with their faces to the ground."

~ Abdu'l-Baha, Baha'i World Faith - Abdu'l-Baha Section, p. 360

Shermana

Heretic
Angels may look like people, but they are not sons of men.

See: Enoch, Genesis, Hosea, Ascension of Isaiah, etc.

Twig pentagram

High Priest
Who are they?
Characters from religious scriptures and stories.
Why did God create them?
This event hasn't been revealed to me.
Can a mortal become an angel?
:shrug:
In Christianity angels always have male names, but I suppose angels are genderless?
Can angels (other than Lucifer) fall from heaven?
Does each person have a personal guardian angel, and can this angel be seen & spoken with?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Who are they?....servants of God
Why did God create them?....why then be alone?
Can a mortal become an angel?...yeah
In Christianity angels always have male names, but I suppose angels are genderless?...Mark12:25
Can angels (other than Lucifer) fall from heaven?...one third of heaven fell with him
Does each person have a personal guardian angel, and can this angel be seen & spoken with?

Not in so many words...or by sight.
There seems to be a rule about performance that leads to 'proof'.
If you get assistance....you won't be able to prove you did.

arthra

Baha'i
Hey it's alright..You wanna believe in those angels with big flappy wings go ahead...no problemo here! :D

There's a story I recall about Emanuel Swedenborg...

He was known to have written a good deal about angels in his time and a little girl came up to him one day and asked if he would show her what an angel looked like...

So he said "come over here"

and picked up a looking glass and said to the little girl

"look in here...that's what an angel looks like"!