• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An Opinion: Islam Is Not a Religion of Peace

Shad

Veteran Member
If it doesn't make sense to you then what you want me to clarify ?

Well for one the contradiction in believing in Allah and another religion. If said other religion has nothing to do with Allah and proposes another god then these two views are mutually exclusive. If I believe in Jupiter I can not by definition of Islam follow both. IE I am no longer a monotheist. You are attempting to assimilate the other religion as if it was about the same god as you believe in but this ignores the other religion completely by filtering it by a Islamic bias. Which is nonsensical in the end.

Just because different religion use the word God does not mean everyone is talking about the same one regardless of claims. Christianity's God is different from your own as it is a new interpretation on Judaism as Islam is is a new interpretation on previous views. Look at it this way. Two people are talking about a car. All the basic details are the same except one says the drivers door was red and the other said it was blue. They are no longer talking about the same car in reality nor perspective.

Last edited:

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Please let us know.
Did one study Quran from cover to cover oneself and note these verses from Quran while studying it or one took these verses from some opposing website of Islam? Please
Regards
why is that always the assumption ?

Sees

Dragonslayer
Why he has to care, that's why we're free to worship him or not,we have the free well.

wizard-of-oz-the-tin-man.jpeg

Are we still discussing Islam or what?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
If he doesn't care if we worship him or not, then he wouldn't send us to hell for not worshiping him or worshiping other gods alongside of him.

Since when does Islam teach that Allah doesn't care if we worship him?

Judgement is different than Worshiping, we're free to obey or disobey but we'll held accountable for our deeds.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Let me put it in another way, if you were standing on a land which you know it'll be destroyed, you have 2 ways to escape,
one advised you to take the one way and not the other and he gave you some signs which you're going to see as a proof for what he said,
then while you were in the road you found these signs which he told you that you gonna to see, which way you'll choose, the one which he
asked you to follow or the other road, will you believe or disbelieve.

I would only believe if I saw a good reason to believe. Right now I don't see any evidence for the existence of any god or gods. That's why I don't believe, and if an omniscient deity really exists, he or she knows that I honestly can't believe because I don't see any good reason to.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Where did i contradict myself ?

Now if you made a crime and killed someone, nobody cares about you but you should be punished for disobeying the law.
You contradicted yourself when you said that Allah doesn't care if people worship him and then saying that you're going to be punished for not worshiping him. If he didn't care, there wouldn't be a punishment for not worshiping him! Duh!

Of course people care if you commit a murder. What kind of dumb statement is that? o_O

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I would only believe if I saw a good reason to believe. Right now I don't see any evidence for the existence of any god or gods. That's why I don't believe, and if an omniscient deity really exists, he or she knows that I honestly can't believe because I don't see any good reason to.

No, i think there're many reasons to believe but it depends if someone wants to believe or to disbelieve

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
You contradicted yourself when you said that Allah doesn't care if people worship him and then saying that you're going to be punished for not worshiping him. If he didn't care, there wouldn't be a punishment for worshiping him! Duh!

Of course people care if you commit a murder. What kind of dumb statement is that? o_O

If you killed a person then who cares other than your loves one, will Obama cry that the victim died.
Only the law what we care to apply, still hard ?

Sees

Dragonslayer
Judgement is different than Worshiping, we're free to obey or disobey but we'll held accountable for our deeds.

Dozens of times in the Qur'an it says people who don't believe and worship Allah and Allah alone...will be tormented in the Hereafter.

What would happen to people in this earthly life itself, who didn't do their prayers...according to Muslim sources?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Brick -

You said "Islam promises peace". Really? That idea seems like a small footnote in Islam. How did you come to the conclusion that "Islam promises peace"? Of course we hear Muslims say it all the time, but where's the evidence?