• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An introduction.

od19g6

Allah'u'Abha and welcome to RF. RF is a great place to meet people from different places around the world and learn about diverse religions.

We probably have about 7 or 8 Baha'is active on this forum currently. It will be good to have you join us.

Thanks.

od19g6

"For me this is about sharing beliefs and information and finding truths"

This is what I do. I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim. It is good to have two such persons on this RF. Welcome here, please?
A little question, if one likes to .
How many books of Bahaullah did one read in the original language Bahaullah wrote, please?

Regards

I never read Baha'u'llah's writing in the original language because I don't know the arabic or persian language, just know the english language. I the baha'i faith it doesn't matter what language one reads the scripture in as long as you get an understanding.

I would do a whole topic on language.

od19g6

Sorry, I edited my post and added the expression:

A little question, if one likes to .

How many books of Bahaullah did one read in the original language Bahaullah wrote, please?

Regards

That's all right.

I can answer it again here.

I never read Baha'u'llah's writing in the original language because I don't know the arabic or persian language, just know the english language. I the baha'i faith it doesn't matter what language one reads the scripture in as long as you get an understanding.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

If one loves a religion/faith/ideology it is not difficult to know the language one's scripture is, if it is considered holy. Right, please?
The translations are never the alternative of the original text in the original language. Every translator translates according to his understanding, so it is always an interpretation, never exact of the original. Bahai scripture is no exception? Right, please?

When did one convert to Bahai, please?

Regards

Heyo

Veteran Member
If one loves a religion/faith/ideology it is not difficult to know the language one's scripture is, if it is considered holy. Right, please?
The translations are never the alternative of the original text in the original language. Every translator translates according to his understanding, so it is always an interpretation, never exact of the original. Bahai scripture is no exception? Right, please?

When did one convert to Bahai, please?

Regards
That may be applicable to modern religions but for older religions you just shift the problem from a correct translation to a correct understanding of the language.
Theologians, historians and linguists argue over the correct translations and meanings of words from the Qur'an and the Bible as the meaning of single words or idioms may have changed over the centuries. So it will not help you to learn ancient Hebrew as the translation that's in your dictionary may not be accurate.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Hi everyone.

I'm new to this site but it looks interesting, like a place for a lot of topics.

I'm Baha'i, have anyone here have heard of the baha'i faith, if you have what do you think of it?

Because I am new I don't really know if this is the appropriate section for me because we have to be careful about the word debate. Sometimes debate could mean to argue and I don't want to do that. For me this is about sharing beliefs and information and finding truths.

Thank you.
Hi welcome to RF. And I like what Bahaullah wrote. And I also prefer to share experiences instead of debating, when it comes to spiritual matters.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Hi welcome to RF. And I like what Bahaullah wrote. And I also prefer to share experiences instead of debating, when it comes to spiritual matters.
Did Bahaullah have any genuine spiritual and or scientific experiences or experiments,successively, please?

Regards

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Did Bahaullah have any genuine spiritual and or scientific experiences or experiments,successively, please?

Regards
For me it's important that I have genuine "spiritual" experiences and experiments.
Even if a fool says a great thing, I accept it. Even if God says a stupid thing, I reject it.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Perhaps a staff person, like @adrian009 , would be willing to move this thread to the appropriate forum?
I would hate to lose a member, @od19g6 , because he placed his introduction thread in a debate forum.

He and I both like carrot cake.
Tom

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Perhaps a staff person, like @adrian009 , would be willing to move this thread to the appropriate forum?
I would hate to lose a member, @od19g6 , because he placed his introduction thread in a debate forum.

He and I both like carrot cake.
Tom
"carrot cake"

One may like it, but how could one say about a Bahai with certainty, please?

Regards

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
"carrot cake"

One may like it, but how could one say about a Bahai with certainty, please?

Regards
I didn't say anything about BaHai.

I just tried to make a connection between myself and a new member in order to keep his interest in RF. I don't want him to go away because his introduction thread became a religious debate.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Hi paarsurrey.

From my understanding we don't have a concept of a most sacred language in the world, we do however have sacred words and phrases that are in arabic and persian but we don't have a most sacred language overall.

We believe in the concept of progressive revelation, that means that each of the revelations from God: judaism, christianity, islam came in different times and places in human history and because they where reviled in different times and places so where the languages. Say for instance Jesus Christ spoke his revelation in hebrew and aramaic, Prophet Muhammad spoke his revelation in arabic, Baha'u'llah spoke his revelation in persian and arabic.

The unique thing is this day and age is that for the first time in religious history: Baha'u'llah wrote his revelation with his own hand and had his own secretaries approve the authenticity of his writings.
I'm glad you are still posting on RF.
Tom

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Hi everyone.

I'm new to this site but it looks interesting, like a place for a lot of topics.

I'm Baha'i, have anyone here have heard of the baha'i faith, if you have what do you think of it?

Because I am new I don't really know if this is the appropriate section for me because we have to be careful about the word debate. Sometimes debate could mean to argue and I don't want to do that. For me this is about sharing beliefs and information and finding truths.

Thank you.

Here's a question, what does the Baha'i faith say about non-believers.