• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An introduction.

od19g6

Hi everyone.

I'm new to this site but it looks interesting, like a place for a lot of topics.

I'm Baha'i, have anyone here have heard of the baha'i faith, if you have what do you think of it?

Because I am new I don't really know if this is the appropriate section for me because we have to be careful about the word debate. Sometimes debate could mean to argue and I don't want to do that. For me this is about sharing beliefs and information and finding truths.

Thank you.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Hi everyone.

I'm new to this site but it looks interesting, like a place for a lot of topics.

I'm Baha'i, have anyone here have heard of the baha'i faith, if you have what do you think of it?

Because I am new I don't really know if this is the appropriate section for me because we have to be careful about the word debate. Sometimes debate could mean to argue and I don't want to do that. For me this is about sharing beliefs and information and finding truths.

Thank you.

Welcome to the nut house. While you are waiting for the staff canteen to offer you a free breakfast can i offer you some cake to keep you going

french-bakery.jpg

P.S. There are several Baha'i on RF.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Hi everyone.
Hi od19g6,

Thank you.
I won't say that it's impossible to find truth without debating, but debate is one of the best forms to do so. Viewing and weighing the arguments of others and having one's own arguments scrutinized is the preferred method of scientists - who have a pretty good track record of finding models (truths) for the real world.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Hi. Thanks for the question.

The number 9 in the baha'i faith is a symbol of completeness, 9 is the highest single digit.
I don't have a clue about your belief

but your avatar is your up front presentation
so.....

do you feel you have completed your...…..nine

and the debate section is for the brave of heart
we tend to 'poke' a bit more firmly there

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I have another question as I'm trying to navigate. I see a few more responses in my profile but I can't see them on the thread.

Any suggestions?
What do you mean on your profile?

od19g6

Hi od19g6,

I won't say that it's impossible to find truth without debating, but debate is one of the best forms to do so. Viewing and weighing the arguments of others and having one's own arguments scrutinized is the preferred method of scientists - who have a pretty good track record of finding models (truths) for the real world.

Thanks.

My point is that I don't want to argue and not let the conversation be fruitful.

od19g6

I don't have a clue about your belief

but your avatar is your up front presentation
so.....

do you feel you have completed your...…..nine

and the debate section is for the brave of heart
we tend to 'poke' a bit more firmly there

The baha'i faith was founded by an individual called Baha'u'llah, and is the latest in a long line of individuals that God has sent throughout history to teach humanity the right spiritual path. Those individuals include, Jesus Christ, Moses, The Buddha, Prophet Muhammad and The Bab, all are divine Messengers/Teachers from God and Baha'u'llah is the latest of these divine Messengers/Teachers. The word Baha'u'llah means the glory of God.

If I'm not mistaking, the number 9 represents Baha'u'llah because he is the premised figure that the Prophets of old was referring to and he is the supreme Messenger of God.

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Welcome Od19g6!
Glad you joined us.

Normally, this sort of thread would be put in the introduction forum. No big deal though.
Tom
ETA ~I'm not a dessert person generally. But I love carrot cake!~