• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An honest question for the ladies:

Have you ever gone on a date just for the free food?

• Yes

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 77.8%

• Total voters

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I've gone for coffee with a guy I didn't like because I like coffee. I'm not sure it was an actual date, but I really didn't want to be around him at all and I knew he liked me in that way, so I agreed to "meet him for coffee," just because I knew he'd buy my coffee for me. He never said it was a date though...

Comicaze247

See the previous line
I've gone for coffee with a guy I didn't like because I like coffee. I'm not sure it was an actual date, but I really didn't want to be around him at all and I knew he liked me in that way, so I agreed to "meet him for coffee," just because I knew he'd buy my coffee for me. He never said it was a date though...
If he liked you in that way, he asked you out for coffee, and it was you two alone, then it was a date :p

Buttercup

Veteran Member
No way. Getting free food isn't nearly enough incentive to go out with someone, there has to be a connection of some kind. Otherwise, it's not worth the effort. :shrug:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
No way! I've never been so desperate for food or drink that I'd go through all the trouble of a date just to get something free. And I've never been so desperate for a date that I'd go out to dinner with someone I didn't care anything about either now that I think about it...

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
I let a queer buy me a drink once, does that count?
I once followed a straight friend's advice:

Go to a gay bar, get guys to buy you drinks, then disappear to a straight one to pick up chicks.

I never made it to the straight bar though, in the few times that I've actually tried it...

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
No. I always liked the guy I dated, unless you count the blind dates, which didn't always go very well. :) But I could perfectly well pay for my own food if I was hungry. ;)(I'm married now, so it's moot anyway).

Comicaze247

See the previous line
I let a queer buy me a drink once, does that count?
I've actually joked about doing kind of the opposite of that.
I apparently do the stereotypical "flaming homosexual voice" pretty well, so I've told my girlfriend that if we're ever at a bar, I'll pretend to be gay, and so if any guy tries to buy her a drink, they'd have to get a drink for her "friend" as well.
And I only say I've joked about it because I just haven't had the chance to do it yet, lol.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
I once followed a straight friend's advice:

Go to a gay bar, get guys to buy you drinks, then disappear to a straight one to pick up chicks.

I never made it to the straight bar though, in the few times that I've actually tried it...
Hahaha I once went to a lesbian bar and bought myself drinks... does that count as the same thing?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Wait! How, why, where?

Well, it was pretty innocent. It was years ago in Florida and this old guy was spending lots of money buying drinks. He offered to buy me one and I accepted.

We had a nice conversation and after several drinks his hand rested on my leg. I was wearing shorts. I did not get concerned about this till his hand started heading north.

I just put my hand on his and brought them both back up on the bar. We continued to talk but he quit buying me drinks after that. :(

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Nope. Never been that hungry, knock wood. :)

LOL!! You took the words right out of my mouth.(not the food LOL!!)

I will admit however ..I did go on a lunch date one time with a man because he was willing to buy some health drink from me when I was naive enough to buy into an MLM.I think he had "bigger plans" for us as in a "future" relationship and I tried to ignore that ...I now feel sort of "slimy" for doing that.Even though I never actually promised him anything.

Love

Dallas