• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An Ex-Muslim Woman's story

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Neo Nerd

Come on it's pushing all the buttons.

It's got it all paedophilia, murder, forced marriage, torture, rape, nazis, blood drinking.

Hyperborean

Cultural Conservative
Come on it's pushing all the buttons.

It's got it all paedophilia, murder, forced marriage, torture, rape, nazis, blood drinking.

In my opinion it is not only the lurid, exaggerated tale of persecution which conveniently inserts comments about Nazis for an added effect, but the scientific and geographical errors that point it out as being largely, if not totally exaggerated radical feminist agitprop

• You can't suffocate someone with diesel
  • You can't drink blood to stop dehydration
  • If one were to lose a limb, one would certainly bleed to death after being locked in a closet for a week
  • Switzerland doesn't border the Netherlands, and even if the person was using "Dutch" as a synonym for Germany, it wouldn't make sense to then hitch-hike to Paris, AFTER she supposedly had her foot cut off.

The Neo Nerd

It's understandable considering all the anti-muslim sentiment that we have at the moment that people will latch onto this. It plays on peoples emotions, it's pretty sick.

TJ73

It's understandable considering all the anti-muslim sentiment that we have at the moment that people will latch onto this. It plays on peoples emotions, it's pretty sick.
I wear hijab. I go to my Doctors office and the secretary and nurse that have seen me for years asks what it is and why I am wearing it. I explain. She wants to knwo why Muslims do this, I explain. We all start talking and she shows me this "true story" written by a "Muslim" that was emailed to her, about the "Islamic" treatment of women as prescribed by Islam. After a line or two I laugh because it is so obviously way off and obviously one of those fake anit-islamic chain letters. I asked for a copy. I went through the whole thing, at home and in red pen filled in all the inconsistencies and inaccuracies with supporting quotes from Quran. I brought back at my next visit. It was hard for them to look at me, someone they know, and keep hold of the rhetoric they want to believe about Islam. It is just so sad how hard people try to make it into something it is not. I don't think people do it for just one reason but there are probably a few different reasons and the popularity of hating Islam is great right now. Some people just like to find flaw in anything, some want revenge on parents or family, some are angry over the acts of terrorists, some have just realized they can make a really good living blogging about it or being on the radio/tv. Sad, very sad.

• You can't suffocate someone with diesel
This is actually a common lie told to deny the Holocaust. And it's been proven false. There was actually a study on this, and its results are reported in "The Toxicity of Fumes from a diesel Engine Under Four Different Running Conditions", by Prattle et al., British Journal of Industrial Medicine, 1957, Vol 14, p. 47-55. These researchers ran a few experiments in which various animals were exposed to diesel fumes, and studied the results. In the experiments, the exhaust of a small diesel engine (568 cc, 6 BHP) was connected to a chamber 10 cubic meters (340 cubic feet) in volume, and the animals were put inside it. In all cases, the animals died.

As for your other "rebuttals" they're too silly to even bother with.

croak

Trickster
ppɐʇɹnɯ;2337815 said:
This is actually a common lie told to deny the Holocaust. And it's been proven false. There was actually a study on this, and its results are reported in "The Toxicity of Fumes from a diesel Engine Under Four Different Running Conditions", by Prattle et al., British Journal of Industrial Medicine, 1957, Vol 14, p. 47-55. These researchers ran a few experiments in which various animals were exposed to diesel fumes, and studied the results. In the experiments, the exhaust of a small diesel engine (568 cc, 6 BHP) was connected to a chamber 10 cubic meters (340 cubic feet) in volume, and the animals were put inside it. In all cases, the animals died.
I find it sickening that they killed animals with diesel fumes, and some of the animals that didn't die were killed.

But really, I would assume that, when referencing your own source, you would get your facts correct. Under conditions A, no animals died. The only case in which all animals died was under conditions D; under conditions B and C, some died, and some survived. It's right on page 4 of the PDF if you'd like to check.

ppɐʇɹnɯ;2337815 said:
As for your other "rebuttals" they're too silly to even bother with.
Please, Your Excellency, grace us with your excellent knowledge and explain to us mere mortals why those "rebuttals" are wrong.

I will admit I don't know where Hyperborean got the idea of severed limbs from (I reread the article), but otherwise, he had valid points that I had brought up before. Which reminds me, why not address my points rather than brushing aside details that may be inconvenient?

Status
Not open for further replies.