• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Americans and Muslims can be friend

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I'm sure I could be friends with most of the people on the planet. But my first question to any Muslim is this: Will you support secularism or will you support Sharia? If your answer is Sharia, then I would ask whether you could have an honest discussion about Sharia vs. secularism, or whether your mind is already made up?

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
I'm sure I could be friends with most of the people on the planet. But my first question to any Muslim is this: Will you support secularism or will you support Sharia? If your answer is Sharia, then I would ask whether you could have an honest discussion about Sharia vs. secularism, or whether your mind is already made up?
Why should people support your view to be your friend,I mean secularism ?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I disagree, when I read post of @Orbit , I believe its had sense.

Generalization and media had bad effect in West.
It has also had a bad effect on Muslims as well, which is clearly shown by you making generalizations about Americans. For example, I have no issues with Muslims.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
It has also had a bad effect on Muslims as well, which is clearly shown by you making generalizations about Americans. For example, I have no issues with Muslims.
No, I don't generalize , my thread is evidence :)

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Just curious how/why 1.6 billion is consider " a group" , to someone !

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Why should people support your view to be your friend,I mean secularism ?

Because I think Sharia and theocracy in general lead to needless suffering. There are many areas about which I disagree with my friends, but this is too consequential.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Just curious how/why 1.6 billion is consider " a group" , to someone !
Surely there is considerable variation among Muslims, and that is a fair point to mention. Still, they are no less a group for that. Do you object to calling them all Muslims?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Because I think Sharia and theocracy in general lead to needless suffering. There are many areas about which I disagree with my friends, but this is too consequential.
This is it.
Let's suppose that you become friend to aMuslim ,would check him first if he secular or religious?
So if he secular will continue, but if he religious you will cut relation ?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Surely there is considerable variation among Muslims, and that is a fair point to mention. Still, they are no less a group for that. Do you object to calling them all Muslims?
I value people on individual,regimes or groups ,or variation in opinions that other subject had no place on friendship relation