• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idol

turk179

I smell something....
Draka said:
Tonight:

Gone: Kinnik and Ayla for the girls
Will and Gedeon for the guys

Top 12: (My favorites in red)
Paris
Mandisa
Kellie
Melissa
Katherine
Lisa
Chris
Taylor
Kevin
Elliot
Ace
Bucky
Ayla gone:( . She was one of my favorites. So my favorites stand in order of favoritism: Chris, Kellie, Katherine, Taylor, Ace, Mandisa.
This is a list based on personal preference only. I think that Mandisa and Ace have Kellie and Taylor beat with natural ability, I just like Kellie and Taylor better. Taylor had one heck of a performance on Wednesday. I think Kevin really needs to go home because I don't want to hear him on the radio. He is a nice singer but everyone else is much better. I am afraid he will make it a long ways just on the cute factor and not on his ability to perform. And let me reiterate one more time. Simon is always right :D .

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
turk179 said:
I think Kevin really needs to go home because I don't want to hear him on the radio. He is a nice singer but everyone else is much better. I am afraid he will make it a long ways just on the cute factor and not on his ability to perform. And let me reiterate one more time. Simon is always right :D .

I couldn't believe it when they said that Kevin was in
smiley_acbt.gif
. Giddion should not have gone home. Kevin should have gone home. You are right about the cute factor. Can you imagine if he becomes the American Idol? I would not watch next years show
Crash.gif

Mandisa Rocked!! Taylor Hicks needs to stay for a while. I am not sure about Ace and Michael Jackson songs. He should pick a better song for next week. But Ace does have the look. Chris needs to go for the Rock songs. No more slow songs. Elliot? Well. Hope next song he sings will be better. Kellie and Katherine have the looks but I think Katherine has a better voice between them. Kellie has more of a cutsie sweet look going for her.

Can't wait for next week.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
It's getting harder to pick who will go next. Guess I will have to wait for Tuesday when they have a 2 hours show.

For the girls? The girl that always shows her belly button. I don't know her name. If I don't remember her name, she will go next. Not sure if Paris will stay. She has been choosing really bad songs to sing for her age.

The girls I feel will make it to the top 8.
Mandisa
McPhee
Kellie
and
I will get back to you.

I have a feeling that Kevin and Bucky might go next.
For the boys:
Chris
Tyler
Elliot
Ace

Draka

Wonder Woman
I only have one question...how in the blazes did ACE land in the bottom 3 and Kevin didn't???:confused: :banghead3

Gone: Melissa McGhee.
Bottom 3: Melissa, Lisa, and Ace

When do we get rid of squishy boy Kevin? He just didn't do the song justice at all. I don't see what Paula sees in him. Simon was right...the whole performance was just horrible.

SoyLeche

meh...
Draka said:
I only have one question...how in the blazes did ACE land in the bottom 3 and Kevin didn't???:confused: :banghead3

When do we get rid of squishy boy Kevin? He just didn't do the song justice at all. I don't see what Paula sees in him. Simon was right...the whole performance was just horrible.
Becuase Ace's performance on Tuesday sucked and Kevin talked back to Simon. What I don't understand is how Bucky wasn't in the bottom 3. Lisa, while having no chance at winning this thing, is much better than Bucky. If he's not gone next week there is something wrong with America.

turk179

I smell something....
Draka said:

Melissa, Lisa and Ace have a couple of things going for them that Kevin does not. That is stage presence, singing ability and some sex appeal. Kevin is cute in a frog like kind of way and can sing a little, not much, but a little. Out of everyone, I believe that Ace has got the best stage presence.
Either way my favorites are still in there which are Taylor, Chris, Kellie and Katherine.:bounce

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
SoyLeche said:
Becuase Ace's performance on Tuesday sucked and Kevin talked back to Simon. What I don't understand is how Bucky wasn't in the bottom 3. Lisa, while having no chance at winning this thing, is much better than Bucky. If he's not gone next week there is something wrong with America.

Kevin's singing was horrible. I coulnd't believe it. It was like a robot singing. And what is with the dance move? Looked like he was dribbling an invisible basketball :areyoucra . I coulnd't believe between Kevin and Ace, Ace was one of the bottom 3.
If Kevin is not gone next week, there is something majorly wrong with America. That means that if Kevin can make it, I can make it too.
spotlights.gif

SINGER.gif

I knew Melissa was going when she screwed up Stevie's song. I aggree with SoyLeche. Why wasn't Bucky in the bottom 3? I mean, between Lisa and Bucky, Bucky should have been chosen.

Question. Anyone vote? How many times can you vote? I voted for Taylor, Mendisa and Chris like so many times. I had three phones with each of their numbers and all I had to do was redial.

Draka

Wonder Woman
mrscardero said:
Question. Anyone vote? How many times can you vote? I voted for Taylor, Mendisa and Chris like so many times. I had three phones with each of their numbers and all I had to do was redial.

:jam: That's how you do it! I like the phone idea there girly! That rocks! Unfortunately I don't get the chance to vote most of the time. I work nights and Turk tapes the shows for me so that I can watch then when I get home and keep up with it. By the time I get home the voting is closed :149: .

I actually thought Ace did a good job with his song. It's just difficult going first and I think that his performance got lost in the night. I agree with Turk...Ace does have the best stage presence out there. He draws the audience in very well. Those eyes just lock on through the screen, you know? He certainly did MUCH better than Kevin. I'm beginning to think Paula has gone tone-deaf. I mean really...Kevin's pitch and melody were perfect???? Please! Did she see and hear the same thing we did? I mean, I knew that Melissa was going too after the screw up she made...but I al least figured that Kevin would be in the bottom 3. And Lisa there too surprised me. Elliot still does nothing for me...so I don't personally understand the draw to him. I can't help but think he should break out into a Lucky Charm shpeel or something.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
Draka said:
:jam: That's how you do it! I like the phone idea there girly! That rocks! Unfortunately I don't get the chance to vote most of the time. I work nights and Turk tapes the shows for me so that I can watch then when I get home and keep up with it. By the time I get home the voting is closed :149: .

I voted at work. I used the two office lines and my cell phone. My manager wanted me to vote for Chris for her. My assistant manager wanted me to vote for Taylor. I voted for Mandisa. They were leaving when the show ended so they asked me to call it in for them. I just programmed their numbers and redial...redial..redial.

I'm beginning to think Paula has gone tone-deaf. I mean really...Kevin's pitch and melody were perfect???? Please! Did she see and hear the same thing we did?
I think Paula has been sipping through the straw of her bubbly water a little to hard cutting the oxygen to her brain.

Elliot still does nothing for me...so I don't personally understand the draw to him. I can't help but think he should break out into a Lucky Charm shpeel or something.
NGKeeblerElf.jpg
Marshmellow Rainbow!!
Elliot was pretty good there towards the beginning, but then he just started fading out.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
I was surprised about the show. They actually did better then last week. I have a feeling that Bucky will be going home. ManDiva, Chris, Paris, Kathleen and Kelly did excellent. Taylor, Lisa, Elliot, Ace and Kevin did alright. But Bucky...I don't know. Made me want to fast forward. It wasn't that good for me. I thought he would have chosen a country song or something like Kelly did. We will see that happens.

I didn't get a chance to vote. :banghead3

SoyLeche

meh...
mrscardero said:
I was surprised about the show. They actually did better then last week. I have a feeling that Bucky will be going home. ManDiva, Chris, Paris, Kathleen and Kelly did excellent. Taylor, Lisa, Elliot, Ace and Kevin did alright. But Bucky...I don't know. Made me want to fast forward. It wasn't that good for me. I thought he would have chosen a country song or something like Kelly did. We will see that happens.

I didn't get a chance to vote. :banghead3
I'll have to agree -- I think Bucky should have gone home after last week. He seems to have a big fan base though, so he may survive.

I'll agree with your assessment of who did well, although I wasn't overly impressed with Kelly. Taylor disapointed me - the song was boring. Kevin is going to stay on a lot longer than he should, but we all know that (all of the 12 year olds were swooning when he talked about how he wants to fall in love). I'm not a fan of Ace, and haven't been for a while - but last night was all right. I've liked Elliot in the past, but he hasn't done much in the last couple of weeks. Lisa doesn't have a chance. She's pretty good, but Katherine and Paris will get the votes for her style/look/etc. She doesn't stand out over them.

Overall, though, for this week, as long as Bucky goes home, I don't care about any of the rest.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
The one think I do not like is the, "The results................................................................................................
......................................After the break."

I don't want to record it because if I go to work the next day and haven't seen it, everyone will be saying how this person did this, and that person did that. I say, no commercials and get on with the show.

Do you think Kevin's charm will wear out soon with his teenee bopper fans? Taylor diappointed me too. I thought he would have picked a better song. Lisa is just not doing so well. The songs she has been picking are not for her.

I can't wait to see the show tonight.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Buttons* said:
I dont care as long as Chris wins... DAMN that boy's got skills!

:jam: I second that emotion! All hail Chris!:bow:

I think that Chris, Mandisa, and Kathrine will be the ones we have to choose from at the end.

I think Kelly picked a great song for her this time, but she just doesn't have what Mandisa and Kathrine have. Neither does Lisa and Paris. I was rather disappointed with Bucky this week as well. Taylor's performance kind of bored me, it just didn't live up to last week's at all. I still don't get Elliot the Leprechaun. Never have. And let this sound girly if you like...but all Ace has to do is stare those green eyes into the camera and "SWOON":faint: :D

Todd

Rajun Cajun
Buttons* said:
I dont care as long as Chris wins... DAMN that boy's got skills! :D

Yea, Chris is a good singer. My wife is rooting for him also. Although, I like Taylor Hick and Paris Bennett also because of there originality. To me, most everyone falls into a similar mold that we see from all singers (can't really describe it in type). It's just that it seems like most of the singers sound like class B singers that I here on the radio all the time. To me, Chris, Taylor, and Paris have something different to offer.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I can't stand Ace. A majority of his votes are coming in because of his looks. He always sounds off key and he always sounds like he is stretching his vocals a little too high which sometimes makes him sound flat IMO. *runs and hides* :)

Draka

Wonder Woman
Todd said:
Yea, Chris is a good singer. My wife is rooting for him also. Although, I like Taylor Hick and Paris Bennett also because of there originality. To me, most everyone falls into a similar mold that we see from all singers (can't really describe it in type). It's just that it seems like most of the singers sound like class B singers that I here on the radio all the time. To me, Chris, Taylor, and Paris have something different to offer.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I can't stand Ace. A majority of his votes are coming in because of his looks. He always sounds off key and he always sounds like he is stretching his vocals a little too high which sometimes makes him sound flat IMO. *runs and hides* :)

You don't have to run and hide Todd. Ace isn't the best singer, you're right...it is the stage presence thing he is running off of most of the time. He does have the looks and charisma that draw some in...mainly women. He isn't bad though when it comes to singing, I definitely think he is better than Bucky and Kevin by far.

And your bit about Taylor is agreed upon by Turk. He likes him better than Kathrine. I just think that her voice is awesome. She has more control and range in her voice than any other there. She sounds very smooth and polished.

SoyLeche

meh...
mrscardero said:
Do you think Kevin's charm will wear out soon with his teenee bopper fans? Taylor diappointed me too. I thought he would have picked a better song. Lisa is just not doing so well. The songs she has been picking are not for her.

I can't wait to see the show tonight.
I think Kevin's charm will wear off when someone like Chris or Katharine is in the bottom 3 - then people will realize that voting for the novelty means that a deserving person will be voted off. He'll get the 12 year old vote throughout though.