• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idol

Draka

Wonder Woman
SoyLeche said:
Who is voting for Bucky??????

I don't get it.

I guess he got out of the bottom three for this week because he happened to do a country song. It honestly suited him. Still not the best...but was probably one of his best performances to date. It saved him this week. Hold on to your nickers...because he may stick around next week too...country week. You never know. Like I said...with McPhee in the bottom 3 it just shows anything can happen.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Bottom 3 for this week:

Elliot
Paris
Mandisa

Mandisa has left the show. While somewhat surprised, I thought she would be around longer as she is better than some left behind, I guess someone had to go.

Next week will be highlighting the music of Queen. I absolutely love Queen. It will be interesting to see how they do with this. I don't know quite what the women will pick out as I can't imagine many of the songs being done by women. I am looking forward to see what Ace can pull out though. With high falsetto he does so well and the operatic stylings of Freddy Mercury it could make for an interesting performance.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I was sort of disappointed with Ace. I think he could have picked a better song to show off his range. Elliot was horrible in my opinion. Chris rocked like he usually does. The one that impressed me the most was Katherine. I love that song and I think she did it great justice.

Results tonight. almost nervous.

SoyLeche

meh...
I didn't watch last night - had to go pick up Grandma and Grandpa at the airport so they can meet their grandson.

I have heard that Ace was terrible - but that doesn't surprise me, as I've thought that every performance that I've seen him do for a long time has been pretty bad.

I've heard mixed reviews on Elliot's performance. Some people thought it was great, others hated it. Wish I would have seen it to decide for myself.

I'm standing my ground though, reguardless of last nights performances - Bucky needs to go!

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Draka said:
I was sort of disappointed with Ace. I think he could have picked a better song to show off his range. Elliot was horrible in my opinion. Chris rocked like he usually does. The one that impressed me the most was Katherine. I love that song and I think she did it great justice.

Results tonight. almost nervous.

Katherine, Kelly, and Taylor are the best in my opinion, though I was really surprised with Bucky. I didn't think he'd be able to do much of anything, he didn't do half bad.

turk179

I smell something....
Darkdale said:
Katherine, Kelly, and Taylor are the best in my opinion, though I was really surprised with Bucky. I didn't think he'd be able to do much of anything, he didn't do half bad.
I have to agree with you there. Bucky did suprise me a little. Katherine and Taylor were the best in my opinion last night.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
SoyLeche said:
Yay, Bucky's gone! Now let's get rid of Ace!

Ace should have been gone a long time ago. I think the choice last night should have been Ace before Bucky. I am still upset about Mandiva getting booted out
anger.gif

My jaw dropped and I couldn't place it back in place. I had tears in my eyes.

I kept looking at Ace's face. He looked really scared. He should be. He's been in the bottom three like 3 or is it 4 times.

Elliot has not been my favorite. He butchered the Garth Brook song last week. I didn't think he did a really good job with a Queen song this week.

I think Katherine, Taylor and Chris did a great job. Queen are hard songs to sing. I love Queen and when I sit there listening to others sing their songs, makes me cringe. That's why I thought Ace should have gone. What is with the high pitch towards the end of his performance? I thought he was going to break into a Michael Jackson thing there for a minute. I was waiting for a moonwalk.
mjmoonwalk.jpg

Paris wasn't so bad, wasn't her best though. Kelly was ok. It was a hard song to sing. I just closed my eyes listening and I just cound't get the accent out of my head. It's like Queen gone Country. Same thing with Bucky.

Can't wait until next week. Rod Stewart. Let's see how they do.

SoyLeche

meh...
mrscardero said:
Ace should have been gone a long time ago. I think the choice last night should have been Ace before Bucky. I am still upset about Mandiva getting booted out
anger.gif

My jaw dropped and I couldn't place it back in place. I had tears in my eyes.

I kept looking at Ace's face. He looked really scared. He should be. He's been in the bottom three like 3 or is it 4 times.

Elliot has not been my favorite. He butchered the Garth Brook song last week. I didn't think he did a really good job with a Queen song this week.

I think Katherine, Taylor and Chris did a great job. Queen are hard songs to sing. I love Queen and when I sit there listening to others sing their songs, makes me cringe. That's why I thought Ace should have gone. What is with the high pitch towards the end of his performance? I thought he was going to break into a Michael Jackson thing there for a minute. I was waiting for a moonwalk.
mjmoonwalk.jpg

Paris wasn't so bad, wasn't her best though. Kelly was ok. It was a hard song to sing. I just closed my eyes listening and I just cound't get the accent out of my head. It's like Queen gone Country. Same thing with Bucky.

Can't wait until next week. Rod Stewart. Let's see how they do.
They could have gotten rid of both Bucky and Ace and I would have been happy. It's just that Bucky has been bothering me for longer than Ace. Listening to Ace sing "We Will Rock You" again last night, though.... words cannot express how bad that was.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Yeah, you could see the fear in Ace's face last night. Of the performances Tuesday night, his was the worst. I don't know, there's still some of that Father Figure performance stuck in my head I guess. That was totally awesome. He just has a different voice for different kinds of music I guess. If he goes, he goes though.

Bucky didn't actually do too bad Tuesday, but I guess there were enough out there who just got tired of him.

I find myself, during the results, occassionally kind of holding my breath when they get to Katherine. I think she is one of the greats and it still bugs me that she ended up in the bottom 3 once. I think the last 2 standing should be her and Chris...just going off talent alone.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
Draka said:
Yeah, you could see the fear in Ace's face last night. Of the performances Tuesday night, his was the worst. I don't know, there's still some of that Father Figure performance stuck in my head I guess. That was totally awesome. He just has a different voice for different kinds of music I guess. If he goes, he goes though.

Bucky didn't actually do too bad Tuesday, but I guess there were enough out there who just got tired of him.

I find myself, during the results, occassionally kind of holding my breath when they get to Katherine. I think she is one of the greats and it still bugs me that she ended up in the bottom 3 once. I think the last 2 standing should be her and Chris...just going off talent alone.

Ones Chris and Katherine are last, it will be really hard to decide who will be the winner.

Draka

Wonder Woman
mrscardero said:
Ones Chris and Katherine are last, it will be really hard to decide who will be the winner.

By that time you know that both will have a recording contract anyway. Which they both deserve. Even if someone gets second it doesn't mean they are not better or more liked either. Just look at the whole Rueben/Clay thing. Clay didn't win, but he put out more albums and sold more records than Rueben...and you don't even hear of Rueben anymore. Just one of those odd things.

I'd be happy with either of them winning, as long as those two are the last 2 standing together on the stage, I'll be happy.:D

nutshell

I'm glad ugly Buckey is gone and Ace needs to go to - he completely ruined a classic.

I'm OK with Tucker, but was shocked to learn he was 29...I thought he was in his 40's.

I like Elliot, but he doesn't seem to have the fan base to stay too long.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
SoyLeche said:
Yay, Bucky's gone! Now let's get rid of Ace!

One at a time my friend. One at a time. I was pissed - I thought Ace should leave before Bucky, but it is definitely Ace's turn. Then Elliott, then Paris.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Darkdale said:
One at a time my friend. One at a time. I was pissed - I thought Ace should leave before Bucky, but it is definitely Ace's turn. Then Elliott, then Paris.

Are you into country?