• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amazon Has Banned Conversion Therapy Books; Will the Bible Be Next?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Note: "A lot of Christians are terrible people"... Some? A few? How many?
When one uses words such as "a lot," it generally means there isn't an exact number. But I've known and seen so many Christians who think it their prerogative to intrude into people's private lives, insist they must do things like them, refuse to take no for an answer, give all sorts of malarkey to excuse their bad behavior, belittle and ridicule people, and they do it because they believe themselves superior because they are Christian. Out of all groups out there, Christians by far give me so much more grief and troubles than any other group out there.
Actually, isn't it you that sounds terrible? By your posts?
When you have doctors get crappy with you, people telling you to leave your home, give you crappy stares, call you a *** and other names, and incessantly badger and harass you about things you do that harm no one, then come back and tell me sound terrible. And, yes, those are all examples of how Christians have treated me in a very Conservative Christian state. I don't live there anymore, because Christians made me feel unsafe.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Yup. About 10 years ago that would have been a permission card for me to be absolute jerk to people because I hated myself.
There is a truth there.

But the condition before that is "love God with all of your heart, all of your soul, all of your mind and all of your strength".

When you have an encounter with the God of Love, one stops hating oneself and the capacity to love self and others becomes supernaturally charged.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
When you have an encounter with the God of Love, one stops hating oneself and the capacity to love self and others becomes supernaturally charged.
I learned the self hate while I was counted among Christ flock. I had to leave it an unlearn what was taught before I was able to love myself or show it towards another.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
You have absolutely no idea about who I am and who I love. And since I do love, I would say it is only in your perception which has nothing to do with reality.
I have your words, Ken, from here, and from that place before here. I pay attention when I read. And I read your words.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Seemed quite specific to me.
Perhaps.
It’s just that some (not all) Christians are often belligerent jerks to people, especially gay people. Only to turn around and claim they were loving their neighbour as they would themselves. Which is either really disturbing or suggests they lack basic empathy.
So if you would be so kind, please try being a little more specific. Lest others think you fall into the same category as the bad apples who ruin the good reputation of their fellow Christian.

Kenny

Premium Member
I learned the self hate while I was counted among Christ flock. I had to leave it an unlearn what was taught before I was able to love myself or show it towards another.
Interesting - makes one wonder what they were teaching or what were you hearing.

Kenny

Premium Member
Perhaps.
It’s just that some (not all) Christians are often belligerent jerks to people, especially gay people. Only to turn around and claim they were loving their neighbour as they would themselves. Which is either really disturbing or suggests they lack basic empathy.
So if you would be so kind, please try being a little more specific. Lest others think you fall into the same category as the bad apples who ruin the good reputation of their fellow Christian.
If I was going to ruin the future of my family and children following the future of but God hadn’t intervened with His love - why would I condemn, judge, put down anyone else?

For God so loved the world!!! That includes EVERYONE- no matter what the situation or condition they are in!

If there is anyone that I need to judge - it would be myself. Just thanking God for His grace for me as it is for the world!

And in Australia today mate!

PS - as far as jerks (as per your statement) is there a group that doesn’t have some?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
If I was going to ruin the future of my family and children following the future of but God hadn’t intervened with His love - why would I condemn, judge, put down anyone else?

For God so loved the world!!! That includes EVERYONE- no matter what the situation or condition they are in!

If there is anyone that I need to judge - it would be myself. Just thanking God for His grace for me as it is for the world!

And in Australia today mate!

PS - as far as jerks (as per your statement) is there a group that doesn’t have some?
Well good.

Of course all groups have jerks. But not every group claims they are acting in the best interest of others or indeed are supposedly role models of Christ like behaviour.

Kenny

Premium Member
Well good.

Of course all groups have jerks. But not every group claims they are acting in the best interest of others or indeed are supposedly role models of Christ like behaviour.
True - can't argue that point:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Interesting - makes one wonder what they were teaching or what were you hearing.
They were teaching the Word of God. I heard their words, the words that came from the Bible. They taught of Jesus' love, but they especially taught of Hell, going to as far to point out from time to time the Bible mentions Hell more often than Heaven. Basically, Jesus loves you, but if you haven't accepted him or mess up then it's eternal separation into eternal darkness as your cast into the fiery furnace. And they may say all sins save for one are equal, but they don't really practice it, and some people do become traumatized should their "greater sin" be singled out more, shamed more frequently and strongly, and put on a "more evil sin" than even the sin Jesus says is unforgivable. Even 16 years later I still remember the nightmares I had of going to Hell, and I can still recall the mental anguish and pain as the flames seared my flesh.

Kenny

Premium Member
They were teaching the Word of God. I heard their words, the words that came from the Bible. They taught of Jesus' love, but they especially taught of Hell, going to as far to point out from time to time the Bible mentions Hell more often than Heaven. Basically, Jesus loves you, but if you haven't accepted him or mess up then it's eternal separation into eternal darkness as your cast into the fiery furnace. And they may say all sins save for one are equal, but they don't really practice it, and some people do become traumatized should their "greater sin" be singled out more, shamed more frequently and strongly, and put on a "more evil sin" than even the sin Jesus says is unforgivable. Even 16 years later I still remember the nightmares I had of going to Hell, and I can still recall the mental anguish and pain as the flames seared my flesh.
Wow! So sorry they weren’t more like Jesus!