• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I the only one here that prays to aborted fetuses?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I am not disagreeing with the answer Mr. Shea gave exactly. But the question he was responding to was very different from the one posed by the OP, about praying to aborted babies.
From the article:
These things, pursued till we are fully conformed to the image of God in Christ, are what make people saints in the sense of "dwellers forever in heaven".
The babies @PopeADope is praying to don't meet Shea's standards for Canonized Saints. That doesn't mean that they aren't innocent and pure. It might be interesting to hear his response to the OP.
Tom

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Very interesting!
That's basically a folk Catholicism continuation of the worship of the Aztec death goddess, Mictecacihuatl. It's similar to Our Lady of Guadalupe being a Catholic syncretism of Mary with the Aztec goddess, Tonantzin. I find that one of the cool aspects of Catholicism, in that it's able to absorb the religious cultures of the cultures it encounters, and not wipe them out completely, making it a truly multicultural religion while maintaining unity. It's a point of pride for me. In fact, many Christian Saints are actually demoted pre-Christian deities, especially a lot of the earlier ones (St. Brigid and Elijah the Thunderer are examples). You also have African disapora communities combining West African Vodun with Catholicism, leading to paths like Louisiana and Haitian Voodoo. The Loa are often equated to Angels and Saints, and are pretty similar to them in their functions, anyway. (West African traditional religion already believes in a Creator God in the first place, so it wasn't that hard to combine it with Catholicism.)

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Coincidentally, someone left a prayer card of Our Lady of Guadalupe with a prayer for the unborn in the back on a firehose box in the hallway here. On the back, it talks about spiritually adopting an unborn child to intercede for its life. I also found a pro-life card about the stages of conception someone left at the bus station a couple weeks ago. Strange. I wonder what I'll find next.

It says:

"OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE
INTERCESSOR OF THE UNBORN

To help stop the anti-life push in the U.S. the late-Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen encouraged the spiritual adoption of an unborn child. This is done by praying that one particular but unknown child's life be spared abortion and be allowed to continue to live. To accomplish this, it was recommended an individual say the following prayer for a period of one year:

"Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, I love you very much. I beg you to spare the life of the unborn baby that I have spiritually adopted who is in danger of abortion."

During your earthly life this spiritually adopted child of yours will known only to God but in the world to come it is hoped you will meet the child who life was spared by your prayers and spend eternal happiness with them."

Last edited:

RESOLUTION

I believe that is true of Christianity as a whole. I think trinitarianism blatantly breaks the First Commandment.
I also believe that God is far too vast and beyond human comprehension to be accurately represented by any human teachings, which is what all revealed religions are.
The RCC is just one example.
Tom

God is the only God, Christ never called himself God and clearly Luke and the Disciples show that Jesus was and is the Son of God. He is a holy thing according to Luke 1. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

The fault lies with the error of teaching that God spoke through Jesus as to becoming Jesus is God.
Triune does not mean the same as Trinity. God the Father, Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit co-existing together.
The Father the head and the person who is God.

Just as the teachings in Deuteronomy show...

18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

It is difficult for some to grasp how such a thing can happen. Christ makes it clear that we can love him if we do not obey
the two commandments which sum up the teachings of the Law and the Prophets.

First is the commandment which says " Love God with all your heart." Christ showing that God not himself must be on the throne of your heart. Hence Christ showing God on the throne of his own heart. Do as I do.
Love your neighbour as you love yourself. Christ showing he did both commandments when he laid down his life for every person since the beginning of time. As the Good Samaritan shows that even the stranger is your neighbour and Christ died fro all since Adam to the end of the world as we know it.

God revealed himself to Moses and he was certaily with Christ. But eternal life is about receiving the truth about Jesus Christ
and what God sent him to do. The Trinity like the Triune God were late additions to the faith. Only suggested by teachings in the OT and later others laid claim to understand.

It has been my experience of God that he cannot and will not lie. That who he is has never changed and never can change.
We all start somewhere in our faith but for me God is the ultimate in all we can ever hope to know and trust.

God has personal relationships with all his children.

Underhill

I think aborted Fetuses must be great Saints with a very high standing in Heaven. They were slain while completely innocent and sinless. I invoke them for help and write letters and Novenas to them. Anyone else here ever done something like that or am I special :p
PRinc_photo_of_fetus_at_16_weeks.jpg

I lost my virginity to a girl who talked to her aborted fetuses and had names for them. I think they are soldiers for Christ!
1258864-fetus.jpg

It's no crazier than praying to a holy ghost...

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Coincidentally, someone left a prayer card of Our Lady of Guadalupe with a prayer for the unborn in the back on a firehose box in the hallway here. On the back, it talks about spiritually adopting an unborn child to intercede for its life. I also found a pro-life card about the stages of conception someone left at the bus station a couple weeks ago. Strange. I wonder what I'll find next.

It says:

"OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE
INTERCESSOR OF THE UNBORN

To help stop the anti-life push in the U.S. the late-Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen encouraged the spiritual adoption of an unborn child. This is done by praying that one particular but unknown child's life be spared abortion and be allowed to continue to live. To accomplish this, it was recommended an individual say the following prayer for a period of one year:

"Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, I love you very much. I beg you to spare the life of the unborn baby that I have spiritually adopted who is in danger of abortion."

During your earthly life this spiritually adopted child of yours will known only to God but in the world to come it is hoped you will meet the child who life was spared by your prayers and spend eternal happiness with them."
Thank you for sharing that. Coincidence is often how spirits speak to me.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Saying that fetuses are unconscious and yet amoral parasites who have no regard for the "damage" and "insult" they do the woman is a ridiculous statement. Sounds like someone hates the processes of how new mammalian life forms. Maybe they feel the need to apologize to their mother for coming into being? Anyway, it's a "wtf" rant.

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
Saying that fetuses are unconscious and yet amoral parasites who have no regard for the "damage" and "insult" they do the woman is a ridiculous statement. Sounds like someone hates the processes of how new mammalian life forms. Maybe they feel the need to apologize to their mother for coming into being? Anyway, it's a "wtf" rant.
But it is the case that a fetus has no consciousness and that, based on the definition of the word parasite, it is indeed one. It is also an amoral (as in not moral, not immoral) being, as one requires some consciousness to be moral, otherwise there is nothing but instinct to act on, no ability to reason or engage in rational thinking. It is also just a basic fact that the process of human reproduction causes damage to the female body. Birth causes extreme pain and can lead to tearing of flesh, bone cracking, and even death. I really don't think there's any debate on whether those things constitute harm. Unintentional harm, necessary harm, desired harm, and negligible harm are all ideas that we could debate, but that doesn't change that there is harm happening in some way.

idav

Being
Premium Member
I think aborted Fetuses must be great Saints with a very high standing in Heaven. They were slain while completely innocent and sinless. I invoke them for help and write letters and Novenas to them. Anyone else here ever done something like that or am I special :p
PRinc_photo_of_fetus_at_16_weeks.jpg

I lost my virginity to a girl who talked to her aborted fetuses and had names for them. I think they are soldiers for Christ!
1258864-fetus.jpg
Majority of time there is intention of keeping a baby and spontaneous abortion or something as drastic happens and doesn't allow the parents to fulfill their wishes. These babies do get plenty of prayers.