• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I the only one here that prays to aborted fetuses?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
What a tragic, false and horrible teaching that is,,,,, if it is true.
That's never been dogma. There's never been dogma about it, either way. Members of the Church can hold a variety of views on it, because all we can do is speculate. For example, limbo was never an official teaching of the Church. We don't even have to believe that anyone is in hell.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
How does an amoral organism with no conscience and no qualms about the damage and insult it does to its mother achieve sainthood when it has not been challenged to be reborn from its parasitical selfish situation with no care for anybody at all, to sainthood that implies aiding others with no thought of self? The unborn is unconscious of anything BUT itself. The unborn is as far removed from innocence and sainthood as I can imagine.
Wow, that was hateful and ridiculous.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
How does an amoral organism with no conscience and no qualms about the damage and insult it does to its mother achieve sainthood when it has not been challenged to be reborn from its parasitical selfish situation with no care for anybody at all, to sainthood that implies aiding others with no thought of self? The unborn is unconscious of anything BUT itself. The unborn is as far removed from innocence and sainthood as I can imagine.
Because according to Church Doctrine, every soul in Heaven is a Saint, and I pray to the souls in Heaven and believe that those who die innocent of any stain of sin are as pure as Angels.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
It's not against Church doctrine, either.

I do think it's iffy, if I remember. The Church has relaxed and/or abandoned a number of old beliefs and teachings. Iirc it was Pope Paul VI who made sweeping changes in many teachings during Vatican II. I could never understand how a benevolent and loving God would deny vision of him to persons simply for being unbaptized.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Because according to Church Doctrine, every soul in Heaven is a Saint, and I pray to the souls in Heaven and believe that those who die innocent of any stain of sin are as pure as Angels.
Limbo was originally conceived to plaster over a logical problem with church teachings. The church taught that baptism was required to remove Original Sin. Nobody got to Heaven unbaptized.
But, consigning innocent babies to Hell for dying before anybody had a chance to baptize them seemed overly harsh. So Limbo was invented to plaster over this dilemma. But it was never logical or scriptural or anything and The Church just doesn't bother with nonsense like that any more. They haven't for years.
But it doesn't make them saints either.
Tom

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Limbo was originally conceived to plaster over a logical problem with church teachings. The church taught that baptism was required to remove Original Sin. Nobody got to Heaven unbaptized.
But, consigning innocent babies to Hell for dying before anybody had a chance to baptize them seemed overly harsh. So Limbo was invented to plaster over this dilemma. But it was never logical or scriptural or anything and The Church just doesn't bother with nonsense like that any more. They haven't for years.
But it doesn't make them saints either.
Tom
If they are in Heaven they are Saints. God can provide baptism to anyone. God can provide sacraments without a priest or ritual.

RESOLUTION

I think aborted Fetuses must be great Saints with a very high standing in Heaven. They were slain while completely innocent and sinless. I invoke them for help and write letters and Novenas to them. Anyone else here ever done something like that or am I special :p

They are not in need of prayers but those about to be aborted are.
There is no reason for a women to have an unwanted pregnancy in these times.
I think any woman who fails to use protection should man up and take her responsibilities and
have the baby.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
If they are in Heaven they are Saints. God can provide baptism to anyone. God can provide sacraments without a priest or ritual.
You can make up and believe anything you want. But you are misrepresenting the teachings of the RCC. Not everyone in Heaven is a saint.
Tom

RESOLUTION

You can make up and believe anything you want. But you are misrepresenting the teachings of the RCC. Not everyone in Heaven is a saint.
Tom

1 Peter 2:9King James Version (KJV)
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

All Christians are saints... the RC like to pretend they can make people saints on earth when God has already called his people to be saints.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
1 Peter 2:9King James Version (KJV)
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

All Christians are saints... the RC like to pretend they can make people saints on earth when God has already called his people to be saints.
You are still misrepresenting the RCC. They don't even teach that being a Christian is required to get into Heaven. That sort of judgment is left up to God. And it has nothing to do with official beatification which is something else.
Tom

RESOLUTION

You are still misrepresenting the RCC. They don't even teach that being a Christian is required to get into Heaven. That sort of judgment is left up to God. And it has nothing to do with official beatification which is something else.
Tom

You do realise that the RCC is not the true and original church of Jesus Christ and the Apostles don't you?
I am not misrepresenting anything. The RCC is not and never has been the true Church of Jesus Christ.
Jews and Judaism which includes the Messiah is the ONLY true faith. Gentiles which are all none Jews who believe in the Messiah are acceptable if they obey God.

The true Church was Jews themselves. Christ being a Jew, the disciples being Jews and St Paul and St Peter all Jews.
Then the number of Gentiles being added. Nearly all done and now Jews are once again recognising Christ the Messiah.

The RCC is not and never has been the true Church of Jesus Christ.

Christ is the true high priest who intercedes for us. The Holy Spirit is the teacher every believer must have.

Now the bible will clearly show the way if you want to know it. But never think that a denomination somehow supercedes the Words and teachings of God the Father and Jesus Christ his Son our Lord.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
You do realise that the RCC is not the true and original church of Jesus Christ and the Apostles don't you?
You do realize that I am non a theist, right.
I was born and raised in a very Catholic family and have 12 years of Catholic education. I stopped believing by my teens, but I am familiar with the Church and am still very fond of it. I will defend it against the rampant misrepresenting I see, while also acknowledging the baggage and irrational parts.
Tom

RESOLUTION

You do realize that I am non a theist, right.
I was born and raised in a very Catholic family and have 12 years of Catholic education. I stopped believing by my teens, but I am familiar with the Church and am still very fond of it. I will defend it against the rampant misrepresenting I see, while also acknowledging the baggage and irrational parts.
Tom

Is there a badge to be worn in there?

How do you defend something which fails in the light of the teachings of God himself?
I personally find nothing credible in a Church which places itself above God and his power.
It smacks of the Roman empire losing it's power and trying to use the Church to empower itself among the
nations. But God isn't fooled and neither are they who love God. The History of RC Church has not shown love.

divine lover

I think aborted Fetuses must be great Saints with a very high standing in Heaven. They were slain while completely innocent and sinless. I invoke them for help and write letters and Novenas to them. Anyone else here ever done something like that or am I special :p
PRinc_photo_of_fetus_at_16_weeks.jpg

I lost my virginity to a girl who talked to her aborted fetuses and had names for them. I think they are soldiers for Christ!
1258864-fetus.jpg
If you are Catholic according to your religion all the mothers are going to hell, so how can it be a good thing?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
How do you defend something which fails in the light of the teachings of God himself?
I believe that is true of Christianity as a whole. I think trinitarianism blatantly breaks the First Commandment.
I also believe that God is far too vast and beyond human comprehension to be accurately represented by any human teachings, which is what all revealed religions are.
The RCC is just one example.
Tom