• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I one of them???

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
They can be revealed though, by the keeper of mysteries.

Well, since the OP won't expand on jack or squat for me, could you unpack this a bit? Who is the keeper of mysteries and how do these revelations happen in your view? It's an evocative phrase, and I don't want to assume I know what you mean by it. We have phrases like this in the Pagan demographic, but it maybe means something different in a Christian context.

eik

Well, since the OP won't expand on jack or squat for me, could you unpack this a bit? Who is the keeper of mysteries and how do these revelations happen in your view? It's an evocative phrase, and I don't want to assume I know what you mean by it. We have phrases like this in the Pagan demographic, but it maybe means something different in a Christian context.
God is the keeper of mysteries, and also Jesus Christ. He reveals them to those with a pure conscience. There are two main mysteries: the mystery of faith and the mystery of wickedness.

Faith

1Ti 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Rev 10:7
But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

1Ti 3:9
Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.​

Wickedness

2Th 2:6,7
And now ye know what withholdeth that [the man of sin] might be revealed in his time. For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: that they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness​

King Phenomenon

I already told you this in the other thread, but it bears repeating: happiness is neither the goal of religion (or "spiritual pursuits" if you prefer that term), nor a yardstick of progress made along the True Path. The goal is Salvation, the yardstick is

Anyone who intentionally chooses his own truth, path, religion, vision, has it wrong, because he's used his intention (a mistake) to adopt views and methods that please him (another mistake). The True Path isn't chosen by pilgirms; it chooses its pilgrims. Which shows why those who are (being) saved are traditionally known as the Chosen, not as the Choosers.
happy happy joy joy happy happy joy

King Phenomenon

You're wrong. Many people, including myself, are more than capable of following someone else's line of thinking if it is actually explained to them. But it seems you'd rather waste my time and yours with this nonsense rather than actually help someone understand where you are coming from (which is my goal, by the way - to understand where you're coming from, not to a).
A lot of people on here nitpick words. I'm intelligent. people can understand what I write. I've given up explaining to people on here who pick every little last word a part.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
God is the keeper of mysteries, and also Jesus Christ. He reveals them to those with a pure conscience. There are two main mysteries: the mystery of faith and the mystery of wickedness.

Faith

1Ti 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Rev 10:7
But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

1Ti 3:9
Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.​

Wickedness

2Th 2:6,7
And now ye know what withholdeth that [the man of sin] might be revealed in his time. For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: that they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness​

So they are things experienced, right? Maybe in some ways it is not so different than mysteries as understood in mystical religious traditions. :D

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
A lot of people on here nitpick words. I'm intelligent. people can understand what I write. I've given up explaining to people on here who pick every little last word a part.

I hope you can learn the difference between nitpicking and the practice of active listening some day. We will all be poorer for it until then. *sigh*

eik

So they are things experienced, right? Maybe in some ways it is not so different than mysteries as understood in mystical religious traditions. :D
They are known by the spirit of Christ. As far as the occult, Thelema, Theosophy, etc: they are on a different, demonic, gnostic plane. The knowledge here is true knowledge, not gnostic speculation.

King Phenomenon

I hope you can learn the difference between nitpicking and the practice of active listening some day. We will all be poorer for it until then. *sigh*
I hope you can learn the difference between normal conversation and I and I hope you can learn the difference between casual conversation and and literal perfection one day