• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I one of them???

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
It says a lot. They have issues.

But you see, my wife works as a caretaker for them as a type of humans. And it is not that simple as you make it out. Further for "them" I am one of them. I have 4 diagnosis and one of them in the "heavy" end, but I am still overall content and sometimes happy.
For us, if you stabilize our surroundings and don't demand normalcy of us, that we can't do, we can still be happy.

So what is your level of knowledge for that field?

syo

But you see, my wife works as a caretaker for them as a type of humans. And it is not that simple as you make it out. Further for "them" I am one of them. I have 4 diagnosis and one of them in the "heavy" end, but I am still overall content and sometimes happy.
For us, if you stabilize our surroundings and don't demand normalcy of us, that we can't do, we can still be happy.

So what is your level of knowledge for that field?
Eh... I don't understand.

A fanatic christian has issues. I don't understand the examples you wrote.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Eh... I don't understand.

A fanatic christian has issues. I don't understand the examples you wrote.

Yes, but you didn't make it about that. You used deluded. That is not particular to Christians nor are all fanatics Christians, nor are all deluded people religious or fanatics.

syo

Yes, but you didn't make it about that. You used deluded. That is not particular to Christians nor are all fanatics Christians, nor are all deluded people religious or fanatics.
People who think they know the mysteries of life are deluded. That's it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The way I see those two ways of thinking is that each person fell off a different tree in life. Some ideas I have are right for me as well as literally right. Doesn't make me smug or uncritical but you're entitled to think that of one.
I fell from a completely different tree in life, yet I navigated myself to land in fertile lands. Far enough from were I started to fall that I can easily this "it works for me" as the same thing many smokers say (such, how many smokers will say they won't quit because then they'll put on weight and eat more and instead of killing their lungs they'll be killing their heart) to justify their habits. It works for me may work for an anti-vaxxer, but its failing our children by seeing diseases like measles make a comeback. Which means "it works for me" can be selfish and lead to consequences for others.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Personally, I think it is pretty awesome to have unanswered questions. This leave us room for wonder and exploration, the things we human do so well.

What other animal looks up at the stars at night and thinks, 'Wow!'
Probably a good many of them. We really aren't the only ones who can think in abstract, problem solve, has a sense of aesthetics, and it seems to reason that we aren't the only ones who can view an object and interpret it as approximately stunningly beautiful.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
The person most likely to have it 'all wrong' is the person most convinced they have it 'all right'.

I'm 99 percent sure I have it all right, I leave the 1% so that I can still check. What humbles me is that I can't do anything about it. I can't share it, you have to discover it on your own. I can't enforce it or make you discover it you have your own individuality. So I can say that I know the truth but the truth didn't help me. However the search helped me to grow as a person and deal with some internal issues.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The person most likely to have it 'all wrong' is the person most convinced they have it 'all right'.
Which would be me. Ironically I do have it right, but I admit the statistical improbability involved.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
IF there is 1 truth for all, then probably "all but 1 or 2" have it wrong, because all have their own strong opinion (30.000 Christian denominations)
Two clever people each explained to me that truth can have facets like a diamond. They were both female, so of course I didn't understand at the time. Now I do. Truth is like a higher dimensional shape, and we can only see projections of it.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
It's kind of a drag to think about how some of us have it all wrong regarding the truth of life's mysteries. At least if we're happy where we're at I guess that's all that matters but it's just funny to think about. Dang.....
Its analogous to the way I feel when driving through a suburb thinking about all the hundreds of thousand whom I can never know yet lead complete lives. I feel sooo tiny and so far away from them. Then I pay attention to my driving and forget about them. The big picture is too big.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
I apologize for stacking several posts in a row. I dont intend to spam, but you people aren't posting quickly enough.