• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I missing something here? Am I just an intolerant jerk or is this a legitimate question?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I agree with you, Kathryn.

If I am staging Swan Lake, the dancers must meet the characteristics and physical ability of the parts they are dancing. I HAVE staged pieces that had dancers who were deaf, who were chair-bound with cerebral palsy, and who had Down's Syndrome.

But none of these dancers, or obese and out of shape dancers, or technically deficient dancers, should be given the part of Odette in a traditional ballet production of Swan Lake.

I have been on the receiving end of both benefit and loss when it has come to typecasting. My age, my height, my physicality, and my looks have all at one point or another worked for me or against me in auditions. I had to accept early on that I was never entitled to a part just because I showed up. It was always up to the director and the producers where and how they want to use what I have for the purpose of giving a show.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Well then sounds like equal employment gone to far. perhaps he has friends higher up. I did not mean to implty you liked honkers only that i do and perhaps a jab at the industries history.

Oh I know - I was just venting frustration at the industry myself, because apparently we DON'T have a lot of good choices out there! LOL

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
hypothetical question. Just say the man has a technique that can predict a tornado 15 mins before anyone else but would only share it if he gave the weather reports (that might make him a "bad person" )but is the benefits worth it? think of how many live it would save....

Kathryn

hypothetical question. Just say the man has a technique that can predict a tornado 15 mins before anyone else but would only share it if he gave the weather reports (that might make him a "bad person" )but is the benefits worth it? think of how many live it would save....

In theory I can see your point, but the reality is that when we have a major weather event here, they replace this guy with someone who does not have a pronounced speech impediment.

Iti oj

Premium Member
In theory I can see your point, but the reality is that when we have a major weather event here, they replace this guy with someone who does not have a pronounced speech impediment.
Thats because it was part of the deal besides hes busy using his technique at those time but seriously. i wonder if was law, company policy, or just knowing the right person that got him the job.

Kathryn

Thats because it was part of the deal besides hes busy using his technique at those time but seriously. i wonder if was law, company policy, or just knowing the right person that got him the job.

Honestly, I have no idea. He's still on the show though.

I wish him luck - I'm just glad I have other options to watch.

Iti oj

Premium Member
Honestly, I have no idea. He's still on the show though.

I wish him luck - I'm just glad I have other options to watch.
:yes::beach: you seem less worked up today. feel better? :rainbow1:

Me Myself

Back to my username
I agree about the ratings thing.

You need to be qualified for the job. If the ratings do not deminish, you are, if they go down, you are not, if they go up, demand a raise! :p

Pretty much it.

Kathryn

for some reason my shy cat loves to do this he most.

Back in the day when I used to get a newspaper, my cat would absolutely not allow me to read it while he was in the room. He would plunk down right in the middle of it.

And wrapping Christmas presents is always a challenge with him around!