• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Almost Every Christian Going To Hell According To Bible

If you're not capable of understanding that I didn't call you anti-bible, you probably should hesitate before you display your opinion on the exegesis, especially when you want to totally avoid the other point of view and their points. If your answer is to say simply "Nuh uh, hell doesn't exist" and you don't want to take the time to address counterpoints, that's basically prosletyzing which is against the rules.

No offense but your way to touchy for my style of talk. These things you are saying do not apply to me, I am sorry you are taking them as such. If you were face to face with me you would realize that.

On second thought, you didn't use the quote function correctly and there may be more to your answer than I realized at first, however from what I'm seeing nothing you said seems to go against the above assessment. It looks like you're not at all interested in discussing what the Bible actually says and you just want to denounce other points of view without actually showing the error. Not exactly uncommon behavior here.

Wow, once again I am sorry you feel that way but I can only try to assure you that it is not what I am doing. If you would be so kind to just realize in the future that this is just my style of talk. And I reserve the right to use the quote function how I wish. :) By all means if you think I am out of line, contact your local mods and have them remove me.

For instance, after I brought up examples like the Witch calling Samuel's soul, you simply say

And if I said that the Bible does in fact mention the Spirits of the dead, you say

That's an opinion of course, but we're talking about what the Bible says, and I think your opinion on the issue here is pretty negligible because there wouldn't be threats of exile and death for something that's just a con act, for the RECEIVING party. Your argument is that it's all a con game is nice, but we're talking about WHAT THE SCRIPTURE SAYS about it, I tried to point out this fact to you and you say:

Do you not see how that in no way shape or form addresses the issue that there are severe punishments proscribed for people who partake in what you consider a mere "Con game"? Not even real thieves get the rock-skull treatment here. Obviously they figured that such invoking of the dead was worthy of exile and death whereas theivery was just repayment of goods. We're talking about what the Bible says, and we also see that the Bible makes explicit references to the souls of the deceased like when the Witch of Endor calls up Samuel. The idea that the Bible doesn't talk about the Soul is dishonesty at worst, ignorance at best. Even in the NT we see explicit reference to the ability to summon demons.

Ok I guess your just having a difficult time getting my drift, I know the bible speaks of a soul. But it does not speak of an immortal soul. I find it interesting you mention summoning demons and summing up Samuel in the same paragraph. Humm..
If you're just here to say "nuh uh" and not engage in actual debate, I suggest you look elsewhere.

No thanks! I don't need you to tell me what is "actual debate" and how I should speak etc. If you don't want to speak to me, I would kindly not address you, I am a peaceful person. Take care.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Muffled are you aware that the "rapture" is not scriptural either? There are no Christians today as existed back then that were "called Christians." As we can see in the scripture you quoted we also see that the "church" is persons, not any denomination or building etc. So we also know no one can "go to church" as we often hear all the time. And I see you make mention of a physical eternal life? Are you not aware that the scriptures teach first the physical (which dies) then the spiritual? And also that eternal life is not living forever but knowing God and his Son Jesus Christ as quoted by the scriptures? No matter, every person is where they are at the moment for whatever reason. To understand the rapture subject be sure to look at dispensational teachings versus the historical events that took place in 70 A.D. Take care.

You are in error. See my post on the subject.

I don't see any way to prove that statement and I doubt its veracity.

I know that I have an eternal physical life coming because the Bible says so and I know that I have eternal life because the Bible says so.

On the contrary the gathering of believers often takes place at a church building.

My opinion of dispensational teaching is that it works hard to dispenese with the Bible and replace it with men's thinking.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Shermana wrote "If it was a parable, it would be titled as such."

Many scriptures show he spoke in parables. And if they were not parables where are all the Christians with missing limbs? And we must also suppose that people walk around with a literal piece of board in the eye such as state in Matt 7:3? "but consider not the beam that is in your own eyes?"

Matt 13:34 All these things spoke Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spoke He not unto them

Mark 4:33 But without a parable spoke He not unto them

Matt 13:2-3 And great multitudes were gathered together unto Him… and He spoke many things unto them in parables

I agree that something doesn't have to be a parable to be meataphorical. The meaning is clear: Don't let anything stand in the way of avoiding Hell. The loss of body parts is metaphoric since it probably would not literally take that to avoid Hell but it does point out how seriously one should view avoiding Hell.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
You mean you try not to answer basic questions that prove holes in your logic. I don't see how asking you what Mark 9 implies is in any way or form "bunny trailing". It's completely relevant to the OP. How is it bunny trailing to ask what you think of that passage? How does it not relate?
I believe I only asked a simple question, "Could you point out, please, where in those verses is says that an adulterer is going to hell?" If Mark 9 only implies it then please point out some other verse actually answers my question.

You are in error. See my post on the subject.

I don't see any way to prove that statement and I doubt its veracity.

I know that I have an eternal physical life coming because the Bible says so and I know that I have eternal life because the Bible says so.

On the contrary the gathering of believers often takes place at a church building.

My opinion of dispensational teaching is that it works hard to dispenese with the Bible and replace it with men's thinking.

Hi, I have seen all the info on the rapture. Thanks! It is very easy to study the massive changes to very early Christian beleifs to now. It is a maze of confusion and add ons and take aways. The rapture is another product of that. You can actually see where it starts and how it got started etc. I don't buy into dispesational teaching as well, it is though instrumental in your stated beliefs. Most dispensational teachers also teach immortal soul, physical body ressurection, hell, rapture etc. Of course everyone says the Bible teaches it, we have thousands of teachings all supposedly that the Bible teaches. It's fine, it is just how it is. Thanks for your response.

I agree that something doesn't have to be a parable to be meataphorical. The meaning is clear: Don't let anything stand in the way of avoiding Hell. The loss of body parts is metaphoric since it probably would not literally take that to avoid Hell but it does point out how seriously one should view avoiding Hell.

Are you aware of the different meanings of the word "hell" in the past?
Are you aware that no such word is found in the early manuscripts of the scriptures?
You can look up every word they translated or replaced from the original word they had in place and none of them have anything to do with this "hell" you speak of.

Shermana

Heretic
I believe I only asked a simple question, "Could you point out, please, where in those verses is says that an adulterer is going to hell?" If Mark 9 only implies it then please point out some other verse actually answers my question.

If you're not going to accept Mark 9's implication as an answer, why does Jesus even talk about going to hell in the first place, without listing which specific sins will get you there? He says it's better to cut off your manhood than commit adultery even! The obvious implication is the afterlife. If you all have to work with is implications, then what you can at least do is find your answer logically through negating the negative conclusions:

Simple logic for question "Does Jesus say adultery sends you to hell".

1. Jesus says its better to chop off your hand or member or leg or eye than use them in a way which sends you to the fire (i.e. "hell"), thus implying that certain actions will in fact send you there.

2. Jesus says that some men chop off their manhood and become eunuchs "For the sake of the kingdom" and that its better to do so than to commit adultery.

3. What can 2 POSSIBLY mean especially in the context of 1?

Elementary Deduction, Watson.

This sheol that people have turned into "hell" contains dead/sleep people NOT living souls.

"The soul that sins, IT SHALL DIE" (Ezek. 18:20)

For the living know that they shall die but the dead know not anything…" (Ecclesiastes 9:5)

lest I sleep the sleep of death" (Psalm 13:3)

"Our friend Lazarus sleeps: but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep" (John 11:11)

for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave [Heb: sheol], where you go"(Ecclesiastes 9:10)

I will RANSOM them from the power of the grave [Heb: sheol]; I will REDEEM them from death (Hosea 13:14).

kylixguru

The concept that a "Spirit dies" can refer to death in the flesh that it experiences. In context to the rest of scripture, it's quite clear that the Spirit "lives on" even if its "Dead" in terms of physical life.
There is also the condition of spiritual death in the sense that a person becomes devoid of understanding of the truth, which is separation from the Spirit of God.

Saul does not obey or trust God.
So he goes to a pagan inspired witch that are condemned in Israel.
The witch has a familiar spirit--a demon.
Saul asks the witch to call up Samuel's spirit--a pagan teaching.
God actually caused this opportunity to tell Saul his fate by the channel that Saul himself choose.
God revealed the fate of Saul through this witch.
Samuel was never there. Saul assumed that the "old man" had to be Samuel. It was not.

cataway

i dont under stand why you dont under stand that the spirit is not a living thing :shrug:. the living body is alive:yes: a dead body is not :no:

F0uad

In fact Jesus does state the Godly view and requirement of marriage.

He was perfectly clear that Gods standard of marriage is the one established by God himself at the beginning in Eden where he gave the perfect man only one living wife.

Matthew 19:3-7 ‘Did you not read that he who created them at the beginning made them male and female and said: “For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and will stick to his wife, and the two will be one flesh”? So that they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has yoked together let no man put apart.’

If God thought polygamy was ok, he would have supplied Adam with many wives thus preventing Adam from marrying his daughters.
But no, he gave the man ONE wife and said the two were to become as 'one flesh' and no man was to 'put that apart'... in other words, no man on this earth has the right to change that standard.

Well Solomon(p) had 300wives according to the bible
David(p) had adultery according to the bible
Abraham(p) as you mentioned had two wives
and the list continuous this is not about Islam but the Christianity so don't change the subjects to monogamy.