• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Allow me to introduce myself

ScottySatan

My name is ScottySatan. I'm a 31-year old American Scientist working in Scotland. As I grew more comfortable with the objective side of reality, I started to look at what was left out. I've casually studies religion, philosophy, and psychology for about 8 years now. I believe that the world is a much stranger place than I used to take for granted. Even science still manages to blow my mind once in a while.

The Temple of Set was the first Satanic religion I found. the public material on the website sent me reeling. I had no idea what the hell you guys were talking about. I turned to what came before the Temple of Set. I've been studying Satanism for about 4 years now; it's simple. I've learned that I am indeed a born Satanist. I suspect that most Satanists merely crawl while those in the ToS can run. Now that I've learned to crawl, I can read the material on the ToS website. Xeper appeals to me because I've always had a well defined goal to be a polymath. To have the knowledge to do anything.

I want to meet some Setians. I want to ask you some questions, size you up, and learn some things about the organisation. May I buy you dinner and a drink? I'll meet anyone in the UK. I'll also participate here occasionally.

Thank you.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
This area of the forum isn't very heavily trafficked. You might want to introduce yourself on the main boards as well. :)

ScottySatan

Ok, I'll do a general introduction later, but this thread is really all about this one particular religion addressed to the people associated with it. I'm very patient. Please don't move this thread over there.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Hello ScottySatan,

I am a Setian, even though I am currently on a leave of absence from the ToS, I have had over 6 years experience as a Temple of Set Initiate and have been both a First Degree Setian and a Second Degree Adept of the Temple. I began my journey on the LHP as a Satanist when I was 14-years old, but later evolved into a Setian when I was 19-years old, so in actuality I have been a Setian Black Magician for over 21 years. If you have any questions about Setian philosophy I would be more than happy to answer them to the best of my ability.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Cain

Welcome Scotty,

If you would like to gain a better understanding of Setian philosophy I suggest either joining the ToS, or at least reading the public material available from the ToS Here

Sireal

Setian
Scotty, check out the links on the Setian DIR. Most of our publicly available material is here. There is a good reason this forum is not very active ;) Welcome and may you find all that you seek and a few surprises as well....

MacKinnon

Certainly do consider the material which is available publicly. There is some value in face to face discussion, but is it necessary as a prerequisite to further inquiry about the organisation?

Whilst I would not rush to meet somebody outside who has an interest in the organisation, I would certainly welcome discussion. Let's see where that takes you.

ScottySatan

I'm just reading the material now, folks. I'll have some questions soon.

Do you think there's any value in reading the old Crystal Tablets that are circulating? Is it very different from the current version?

MacKinnon

I personally don't recommend using anything that doesn't come direct from the appropriate source. It's rather difficult to authenticate documents that have been circulating on the internet, since just about anybody can edit them. Comparing and contrasting any number of outside versions with the official material doesn't really appeal to me.

Michael Aquino's site has a decent taste of stuff suitable for pondering. Should reading that make you want to investigate the Temple further, then you could do a lot worse than seek affiliation with the Temple. You'd then have 2 years to question as much as you'd like, and more.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I personally don't recommend using anything that doesn't come direct from the appropriate source. It's rather difficult to authenticate documents that have been circulating on the internet, since just about anybody can edit them. Comparing and contrasting any number of outside versions with the official material doesn't really appeal to me.

Michael Aquino's site has a decent taste of stuff suitable for pondering. Should reading that make you want to investigate the Temple further, then you could do a lot worse than seek affiliation with the Temple. You'd then have 2 years to question as much as you'd like, and more.

MacKinnon's advice is very good as he is an active member of the ToS. I would also recommend Michael Aquino's public index site, as well as, the www.xeper.org site which has some great material also. Read the introductory letter, think upon it for a while and when you know for sure that the ToS could very well be for you then send you own letter of introduction to the Temple's Executive Director along with the application fee. In your letter to the ED be honest about yourself and your interest in the "Black Arts" i.e., what forms of Magic that interest you, that you may have studied and practiced.

The Temple of Set is an Initiatory school of Black Magic, and is a fountain of Magical theory and practice and metaphysical philosophical thought. And if you are accepted into the ToS you and the Temple will have 2 years to evaluate each other. And if you are Recognized to the Second Degree, that is when the Journey truly begins... ad Infinitum! Make no mistake though, the First Degree is no easy Task, especially for beginners.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited: