• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Allergies and Other Proofs Against God

slave2six

Substitious
What kind of sick deity would create people in such a way that they are allergic to the planet wherein there were born? I mean, really! Case in point, I am allergic to grass, pollen, mold, trees and nature in general as well as having wonderful food allergies to such harmful things as melons, bananas, nuts (but not peanuts), fish (but not shellfish), tomatoes and pretty much everything except chocolate and Dr. Pepper.

And there are people with far worse allergies - some of them potentially fatal.

It is my contention that no deity in his/her right mind would torture people thus.

I'd love to say more but I am going to go pray to Saint Benadryl...

DavyCrocket2003

:clap :) :hilarious

Slave2six, your question is a good one. It touches on many more that can make us wonder at the Justice of God. Other questions are "Why is life so unfair?" "Why is there so much pain and suffering?" "If we're all supposed to believe in God, why doesn't he just show himself to us?"

I think the key to answering your question is a better understanding of who God is, and what kind of being he is. We must understand what the purpose of this life is, and the ultimate goal of existence. If we do not understand these things, life will never make complete sense in my opinion. Now, I take it you don't believe in God. That's okay. But if you want me to answer your question, it might be a little involved. :)

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
What kind of sick deity would create people in such a way that they are allergic to the planet wherein there were born? I mean, really! Case in point, I am allergic to grass, pollen, mold, trees and nature in general as well as having wonderful food allergies to such harmful things as melons, bananas, nuts (but not peanuts), fish (but not shellfish), tomatoes and pretty much everything except chocolate and Dr. Pepper.

It is my contention that no deity in his/her right mind would torture people thus.

God made you with allergies so that other people can find ways to cure them. Suffering is there for us to remove it.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Don't worry abrahamic theists, I got ya covered. "Because original sin corrupted mankind and the things god created for them, thus the cause of imperfections, illness, suffering, etc."

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Have you tried allergy shots? They're the closest thing to a "cure" for allergies. Works better than just drugging yourself silly whenever you get an allergy attack.

EDIT: Ah hah, found it. Booko made a thread about another allergy treatment here a bit ago. I can get you in touch with her if you have any questions, she doesn't come around here anymore.

The rest of your OP is the same tired old "If G-d is *blank* why is there *blankblank*" that's been beat to death a billion times already.

Don't worry Christian theists, I got ya covered. "Because original sin corrupted mankind and the things god created for them, thus the cause of imperfections, illness, suffering, etc"."

Fixed that for you.

No "orginal sin" in Judaism and Islam. Don't worry, we're mostly perfectly capable of speaking for ourselves and actually getting the information correct. ;)

Last edited:

richardlowellt

:clap :) :hilarious

Slave2six, your question is a good one. It touches on many more that can make us wonder at the Justice of God. Other questions are "Why is life so unfair?" "Why is there so much pain and suffering?" "If we're all supposed to believe in God, why doesn't he just show himself to us?"

I think the key to answering your question is a better understanding of who God is, and what kind of being he is. We must understand what the purpose of this life is, and the ultimate goal of existence. If we do not understand these things, life will never make complete sense in my opinion. Now, I take it you don't believe in God. That's okay. But if you want me to answer your question, it might be a little involved. :)

I take it YOU know who God is? YOU also understand the purpose of MY life? YOU understand MY ultimate goal in life? I wish I could ask you how you know all these things but I know I would get a sermon on "To know God you must seek him and he will show himself to you" or "Open your heart to God and he will show you the way" All very nice but non actually address the issue of how anyone can KNOW a mythical being.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
1st Corinthians (2:16) says who can know the mind of God...? but we have the mind of Christ.

Know or have knowledge of Christ through the pages of Scripture gives insight into the mind of God.

.lava

Veteran Member

is it God who's responsible of that hole in ozone layer as well? don't you think what we eat eventually causes this kind of stuff and it is people who destroy nature and causes more and new diseases? both disease and cure comes from God. there is no cureless disease. but it is us who invite them to our reality by destroying our planet.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

According to Scripture man was created with human perfection.
If Adam had Not disobeyed God then Adam would have remained perfect.
Perfect humans do not get sick or die. Once Adam disobeyed he lost his human perfection and became imperfect.

As our family head, imperfect Adam passed down imperfection to us.
During Jesus thousand-year reign there will be curing or healing for the nations as Revelation (22:2) says. This will be in fulfillment to the promise to Abraham (Genesis 12:3; 22:18) that all families of the earth will be blessed and all nations of the earth will be blessed.

Isaiah (33:24) equates being forgiven our trespasses to the time when no one will say, "I am sick". In chapter 35 even handicaps will be gone. Along with that Isaiah (25:8) wrote that death will be swallowed up forever. No death means no sickness. Death will be No more.- Rev. (21:4,5) reads. Our last enemy, death, will be destroyed. -1st Cor. 15:26.

In the meantime, we all have the opportunity to side with Jesus as crowned king of God's kingdom (Daniel 7:13,14; 2:44) or not, before there is divine intervention as Isaiah (11:4) and Revelation (19:11,15) describes against the wicked.- Rev 7:9,10,14.

richardlowellt

both disease and cure comes from God. there is no cureless disease.

No only diseases come from your God, cures come from science. What kind of demon God would think it a loving thing to infest his creations with diseases? There are only two choices here, God had the ability to NOT create horrible diseases. God had the ability to NOT infest the planet with these diseases. He apparently did both. WHY???

richardlowellt

According to Scripture man was created with human perfection.
If Adam had Not disobeyed God then Adam would have remained perfect.
Perfect humans do not get sick or die. Once Adam disobeyed he lost his human perfection and became imperfect.

As our family head, imperfect Adam passed down imperfection to us.
During Jesus thousand-year reign there will be curing or healing for the nations as Revelation (22:2) says. This will be in fulfillment to the promise to Abraham (Genesis 12:3; 22:18) that all families of the earth will be blessed and all nations of the earth will be blessed.

Isaiah (33:24) equates being forgiven our trespasses to the time when no one will say, "I am sick". In chapter 35 even handicaps will be gone. Along with that Isaiah (25:8) wrote that death will be swallowed up forever. No death means no sickness. Death will be No more.- Rev. (21:4,5) reads. Our last enemy, death, will be destroyed. -1st Cor. 15:26.

In the meantime, we all have the opportunity to side with Jesus as crowned king of God's kingdom (Daniel 7:13,14; 2:44) or not, before there is divine intervention as Isaiah (11:4) and Revelation (19:11,15) describes against the wicked.- Rev 7:9,10,14.

Foolish premise, My great grandfather committed a crime, so now my children's children will have to pay for his crime. There children's children might ask, "why are we being punished for something that didn't involve us, and for someone we never knew." I'm sure you don't see how stupid this is, but I can only thank Crom that I am not apart of this sick mindset.

slave2six

Substitious
The OP was totally not meant seriously. I just thought the question was amusing and it might invoke some light-hearted responses. Plus I hate my allergies.

Thanks for the suggestions of shots but, sadly, our insurance doesn't cover them.

Lighten up people.

ContentiusMaximus - hilarious! Thanks. I needed a good laugh. Frubals unto thee...

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
The OP was totally not meant seriously. I just thought the question was amusing and it might invoke some light-hearted responses. Plus I hate my allergies.

Thanks for the suggestions of shots but, sadly, our insurance doesn't cover them.

Lighten up people.

ContentiusMaximus - hilarious! Thanks. I needed a good laugh. Frubals unto thee...

Thank you, good sir.

And as for those shots, move on up to Canada and take advantage of our dirty Commie healthcare :)

.lava

Veteran Member
both disease and cure comes from God. there is no cureless disease.

No only diseases come from your God, cures come from science. What kind of demon God would think it a loving thing to infest his creations with diseases? There are only two choices here, God had the ability to NOT create horrible diseases. God had the ability to NOT infest the planet with these diseases. He apparently did both. WHY???

because everything has its opposite. besides how could people know they are healthy and therefor be grateful if there were no diseases? same as asking how could there be good if there was no bad? opposites complete each other and would not mean what they are without each other IMO.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
This whole thread is some kind of enigma. If I were to say something proves God does exist, I would be ridiculed! Isn't saying that something disproves God just as ridiculous to you guys?

Dunemeister

This whole thread is some kind of enigma. If I were to say something proves God does exist, I would be ridiculed! Isn't saying that something disproves God just as ridiculous to you guys?

It ought to be, but as you'll discover (if you haven't already) is that religious skeptics are highly selectively skeptical.

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
It ought to be, but as you'll discover (if you haven't already) is that religious skeptics are highly selectively skeptical.

The original poster already stated this was meant as light-hearted, not serious. And sadly, this light-hearted joking "argument" does not rely on fairy tales, which automatically puts it above anything Christianity has to say. But that's just my opinion.