• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Allergies and Other Proofs Against God

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
This whole thread is some kind of enigma. If I were to say something proves God does exist, I would be ridiculed! Isn't saying that something disproves God just as ridiculous to you guys?
It is called a double standard.

Dunemeister

The original poster already stated this was meant as light-hearted, not serious. And sadly, this light-hearted joking "argument" does not rely on fairy tales, which automatically puts it above anything Christianity has to say. But that's just my opinion.

Really? How does the atheist explain the origin of the universe or the origin of life? Here the atheist will use the language of science to tell a fairy tale. Heck, to explain the origin of religious faith, a certain famous atheist suggested there was a case of fratricide in the primal horde? Could he have been serious? Completely. Fairy tales abound, apparently.

Dunemeister

The OP was totally not meant seriously. I just thought the question was amusing and it might invoke some light-hearted responses. Plus I hate my allergies.

Ah, well the way you presented your tasteless little joke made it seem serious. You used awfully strong language (calling God "sick", for example, is not a light-hearted comment) for a thread you intended to be light-hearted. Not to mention it's in a debate forum, not the joke forum. So that side of the miscommunication is on you. For my side, I admit that at times I'm too easily baited.

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
Really? How does the atheist explain the origin of the universe or the origin of life? Here the atheist will use the language of science to tell a fairy tale. Heck, to explain the origin of religious faith, a certain famous atheist suggested there was a case of fratricide in the primal horde? Could he have been serious? Completely. Fairy tales abound, apparently.

Hahahahaha. You think science is based on "fairy tales"? :clap

richardlowellt

Really? How does the atheist explain the origin of the universe or the origin of life?

The origins of the universe need not be explained if one can accept the possibility that the universe has always existed, no God needed. Science has already created simple single cell life through chemical reactions, given the right temperature, atmosphere, and chemicals, it's easy to see how simple single cell life came to be,millions of years of evolution took care of the rest, once again to fictitious being needed.

but can you prove god came before matter, because matter creating a god seems more likely then nothing creating a god

slave2six

Substitious
Apex, Dunemeister, And ChristineES - Wow! You guys need to chill out just a wee bit. Life isn't all serious. If you really saw me standing on a street corner preaching that allergies prove that there is no God, wouldn't you laugh your butts off at the absurdity? I know I would.

Danarch

Robot!
What kind of sick deity would create people in such a way that they are allergic to the planet wherein there were born? I mean, really! Case in point, I am allergic to grass, pollen, mold, trees and nature in general as well as having wonderful food allergies to such harmful things as melons, bananas, nuts (but not peanuts), fish (but not shellfish), tomatoes and pretty much everything except chocolate and Dr. Pepper.

And there are people with far worse allergies - some of them potentially fatal.

It is my contention that no deity in his/her right mind would torture people thus.

I'd love to say more but I am going to go pray to Saint Benadryl...

God got a payoff from the pharmaceutical companies.

richardlowellt

God created it from basicly nothing satisfies my intellect and nothing creates itself.

No, the fish Gods from Neptune created it, and that satisfies my intellect, so we both believe in fictitious being, your has no more evidence than mine. Nothing creates itself? The elements to create all are part of the cosmos, the cosmos has always existed, given the right conditions, those elements combine and things are created, see no Fish Gods or demon Gods needed.