• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All the Political factions

Ellen Brown

Today there were several groups demonstrating that I had not even heard of previously.

Who is Antifa? Who is Proud Boys? Then there is the Anarchists. There is a Patriot Prayer group.

None of these people, aged between about 20-30 act anything like Christians, and actually remind me of 5th graders brawling in the school yard.

Can anyone help me with these people?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I would force all these so called Antifa to live one month in Rome:D:D:D:D

CASA POUND -U2401210106015maD-U2401215878119l0F-264x231@IlSecoloXIX-Nazionale.jpg

Doc-Emilia-rossa.jpg

PureX

Veteran Member
Today there were several groups demonstrating that I had not even heard of previously.

Who is Antifa? Who is Proud Boys? Then there is the Anarchists. There is a Patriot Prayer group.

None of these people, aged between about 20-30 act anything like Christians, and actually remind me of 5th graders brawling in the school yard.

They are basically overgrown 5th graders brawling in a cultural back lot. We stopped teaching civics in our schools many years ago, as everything in education became about getting a job and making money (for the capital investors), and this is the sad result of our greed and ignorance.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I see it as political dissension among various factions of right and left; nothing all that new, even if they have different names and faces. I guess each generation tries to fancy itself as something different and unique. No sense in talking about issues or discussing their differences when they can bash each other's heads in.

I'm not really sure why Portland seems to be such a magnet for these kinds of events.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Antifa is an antifascist militant organization. Hence, the name Antifa. Since Antifa was there, you can assume that the other groups are far right groups. Judging from the name "Proud Boys" at least.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
They are basically overgrown 5th graders brawling in a cultural back lot. We stopped teaching civics in our schools many years ago, ...
Ahh, yes, back in the good old days of separate but equal, back alley abortions, and napalm when we proudly proclaimed our readiness to bring American democracy to Viet Nam and Cuba.

PureX

Veteran Member
Ahh, yes, back in the good old days of separate but equal, back alley abortions, and napalm when we proudly proclaimed our readiness to bring American democracy to Viet Nam and Cuba.
Quite the wild tangential ride you're on, there! Don't think I'll join you, though.

David T

Premium Member

It is interesting how "christian" can exist in spectrum. In the lead up to the civil war in the U.S. Christianity was deeply split across spectrum.. It became 2 tribes.

We dont have the two "christian" tribes as visually today in battle, its called 2 political parties today. It appears to us as different it is not.

Ellen Brown

I see it as political dissension among various factions of right and left; nothing all that new, even if they have different names and faces. I guess each generation tries to fancy itself as something different and unique. No sense in talking about issues or discussing their differences when they can bash each other's heads in.

I'm not really sure why Portland seems to be such a magnet for these kinds of events.

Portland is weird. And it is sort of a haven for LGBT folk. Rightly or wrongly, they have experienced a lot of rejection and get quite vocal about it.

It seemed that Patriot Prayer is a group that just wants to use the Bible to justify their being uneducated Red Necks.

Ellen Brown

It is interesting how "christian" can exist in spectrum. In the lead up to the civil war in the U.S. Christianity was deeply split across spectrum.. It became 2 tribes.

We dont have the two "christian" tribes as visually today in battle, its called 2 political parties today. It appears to us as different it is not.

I believe some Christian "things", but don't wish to be seen as one.