• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

all religions are correct

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I think that hate exists because people are not following the true teachings of their religion. For instance, Jesus himself never said to hate anyone, in fact he said do not judge others.
This excludes people with no religion. I think a better explanation for hate is to take religious belief out of the equation, and view it from consciousness or awareness. People who hate are separating themselves from the rest of mankind, operating in an instinctive and selfish way. In other words, they're immature.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
"we don't know" doesn't give answers to life's questions. and people want to answer life's questions.
It's the direct honesty of 'I don't know' that is appealing. When you go to a doctor with some unknown medical condition, would you rather she made up something just so she sounds smart, or say, 'I don't know,"?

Pretending you know something when you actually don't is false logic.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The Gods allow atheism so that they will punish the atheists?

Theism is superstition? No, it's not.
I don't believe the Gods exist to allow anything and that theism is no less superstitious than the idea of personal gods. Clearly just telling me the contrary isn't going to change my belief. Any more than just telling exclusive theists their belief is superstitious. Why should we think anything other than that you have a particular assumption you've invested in?

syo

It's the direct honesty of 'I don't know' that is appealing. When you go to a doctor with some unknown medical condition, would you rather she made up something just so she sounds smart, or say, 'I don't know,"?

Pretending you know something when you actually don't is false logic.
No human ever will know the mystery of Life. "I don't know" is everyones default position. But the questions about Life pop up and they will never stop popping up. What are we going to do ignore them? So we try our best.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
No human ever will know the mystery of Life. "I don't know" is everyones default position. But the questions about Life pop up and they will never stop popping up. What are we going to do ignore them? So we try our best.
Oh, I don't ignore them. I don't think anyone does. In fact, most people have found answers to their personal satisfaction.

syo

Oh, I don't ignore them. I don't think anyone does. In fact, most people have found answers to their personal satisfaction.
yes, there are people who have found their answers, others are still searching, others give up etc. the bad thing is when people try to exploit other people and spread hate and start conflicts and wars. and some people forget the gift of freedom of religion and try to oppress others through religion.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Indeed, that's not particularly wise, or useful to survival of our species on this planet. Still, in the grand scheme, all this is temporal. This planet has to end sometime.

Reactions: syo

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
So what exactly IS the difference?

From the connotations I read in such phrases as "making stuff up?" If one dismissively quips that the bardic arts are "making stuff up" or that "credible evidence" is relevant to the art, I'd say such framing suggests a lack of appreciation for the arts, poor understanding of what storytelling is for, and an overall odd notion that the weaving of tales is flippant or without purpose (which it is not).

True, such connotations might not have been your intent. But people typically use phrases such as "making stuff up" to denigrate that of which they speak as somehow unworthy, faulty, foolish, or what have you.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
From the connotations I read in such phrases as "making stuff up?" If one dismissively quips that the bardic arts are "making stuff up" or that "credible evidence" is relevant to the art, I'd say such framing suggests a lack of appreciation for the arts, poor understanding of what storytelling is for, and an overall odd notion that the weaving of tales is flippant or without purpose (which it is not).
True, such connotations might not have been your intent. But people typically use phrases such as "making stuff up" to denigrate that of which they speak as somehow unworthy, faulty, foolish, or what have you.

You said there was a difference between making stuff up and storytelling, I'm still not clear what it is though.

And what exactly do you mean by "storytelling"?

Last edited: