• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

all religions are correct

syo

I think religious hate exists because people think that only THEIR religion is true and all others are false (infidels will burn in hell etc).

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
All religions are good. Each adherent of each religion had better think his/her religion is best for them. If they do think that some other religion is better, then it would be logical to convert, no?

syo

All religions are good. Each adherent of each religion had better think his/her religion is best for them. If they do think that some other religion is better, then it would be logical to convert, no?
of course. and people should be allowed to choose their religion freely.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Sorry, but no. It is both logically and empirically true that not all religions are even conceivably correct.

Which is not by any means to imply that most are incorrect in any meaningful sense. Instead, it seems to me that few if any religions have much to do with that specific dualistic classification.

Nor should they, IMO. Religion is not very useful at all when it is understood to work as some sort of cosmic bet. Is it any wonder that it leads to proselitist anxiety and bitter disagreement when that happens?

Instead, religion works far better as an activity that should be deeply respectful of individual characteristics and inclinations and, yes, customized. For a religion to have any meaning or value, it must be expressed by way of an actual person. And the meaning and value will be relative to that specific person only. The same religion can easily be unhealthy for a person and very healthy for someone else, or even the same person under different circunstances.

Theweirdtophat

No religion has all the answers, but many of them having something that's correct. Many are based on actual historical events and not just crazy made up fairy tales that people made up for no reason. There was some truth to it. There were giants, there were other beings that one would call gods. There are multiple afterlives and reincarnation plays a part in it.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I think religious hate exists because people think that only THEIR religion is true and all others are false (infidels will burn in hell etc).

If people do not hate, than we will understand all religions cannot be true And that is (not) the point of religion. All religions are true in regards to their purpose not the accuracy of facts ane beliefs they hold. To know that, we need research. Thats not what religion is about. I dont see that thinking ones religion is true brings hate. I believe only my religion is true Factually but because religion isnt about facts, I can see how they are all true subjectively. That doesnt cause hate. Just peoples use of that "mine is the truth" perspective brings out hate in Some people.

Not all people see it that way. I know this.

syo

The reason I believe all religions are true/correct is because no God from any religion punished a human for not believing in them. Gods gave as freedom to choose who to worship and form various religions.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
If it is virtually impossible, at least at this time, to objectively determine how many gods there are, so why would anyone claim that their religion/denomination must be the correct one? And how many people historically have been killed in the name of god(s)?

Religion is a lot like having a car-- it can be used for good or evil, and unfortunately it is all too often used for the latter.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The reason I believe all religions are true/correct is because no God from any religion punished a human for not believing in them. Gods gave as freedom to choose who to worship and form various religions.
You mean you think no God from any religion has punished a human for not believing in them. Accounts from multiple religions will cite instances where their god (or gods) has. Exclusivity is an integral part of many religions both monotheistic and even polytheistic (Exclusivity to a specific pantheon)
So in order to say these religions are correct you must also say these religions are wrong. And that's just contradictory.

syo

You mean you think no God from any religion has punished a human for not believing in them. Accounts from multiple religions will cite instances where their god (or gods) has. Exclusivity is an integral part of many religions both monotheistic and even polytheistic (Exclusivity to a specific pantheon)
So in order to say these religions are correct you must also say these religions are wrong. And that's just contradictory.
You're an atheist. Do the Gods punish you?

And many people include superstition in religion unfortunately.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
And many people include superstition in religion unfortunately.

One person's superstition is another's reality. For atheists, God is superstition. There is no universal superstition, only peoples opinions on it. I suspect you'd think many of my beliefs are mere superstitions.

syo

many people include their superstitions in religion but their superstitions are weak compared to religion.