• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All members: How would you come off in a different setting?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
A foreign language teacher taught me that you adopt a different personality when you speak a different language.
I've been wondering lately how many of us actually use English as a foreign language. I do.
its an interesting perspective from your teacher. what is your first language?

also, it seems I understood this thread differently than most members. I'm more focused on how ridiculous it is that most of us joined for a good discussion, but are forced to spend quite a lot of time on being apologetic because supposedly we are part of a certain camp, whether on the basis of religion, politics, or another social designation. take out the camps, and put us in a different setting, and some of the bickering would never have taken place.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
I'm calculated in the real word. At heart I'm an extrovert. I can work a crowd very well. I know how to turn on the charm and sell myself when I need to. I'm confident. If people don't think much of me I don't try to change their mind because I don't really care enough about their opinion. I'm also open and honest about my character flaws and struggles. Sometimes a little too honest. I don't try to pass myself off as some holy man. I can also be a sarcastic prick, especially in a setting where I don't care if I'm liked or not. I'm sure that surprises people.

Last edited:

Me Myself

Back to my username
I love to play games with strangers and be goofy. I can be from very child like to very very serious and apparently unemotional depending of the mood of the day, people around, etc. I use overly "complicated" words because they naturaly come through my mouth (I blame my father :D ) and also sometimes get blank when I was supposed to answer the simplest question. I can be very clumsy and head in the moon. Generaly I am or serious face or wide green. I tend to be the more impulsive when I am with my group of friends, but I am a lot house driven, prefer small gatherings and avoid as uch as I can large ones, although I can and have made exceptions when going with friends.

For general population, I come off as an arrogant blunt person that talks too much or in the worst moments.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm pretty quiet in rl, but not usually by choice: I have this bad habit of looking like I'm paying attention when people talk to me, which most people apparently interpret as an invitation to honor me with at least 5 different versions of every thought they've ever had.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
People come to this forum to discuss things that stir the emotions. Often things are said which cause anger among other readers. Generally speaking, it's bad form to talk politics and/or religion in a social setting. How would people who don't know you solely from debating and/or discussion "hot button" issues describe you? I seriously want to hear from everybody here, even if I've never discussed anything with you before.

Add this to the questions: How would you guys decribe your own personalities

Not sure how the people I debate would describe me. It's probably a mixed bag. As for my own personality I've done a few test using a facebook app called 'my personality'.

"you seem to describe yourself as someone who dislikes needless complexity, and prefers the familiar over the unusual. You might say that you are more conservative than many, but not to an extreme level, and that you value practical outcomes over flighty imagination."

"you seem to describe yourself as someone who is impulsive and whimsical, and fine with it! From your responses it appears that you would say that sometimes decisions need to be made quickly, and that you make them quicker than most! You would say you are zany, colourful, and just generally great fun to be with... as long as someone isn't relying on you to get some work done."

" you seem to describe yourself as someone who is quiet and somewhat withdrawn. Your answers describe you as someone who doesn't need lots of other people around to have fun, and can sometimes find that people are tiring."

"you seem to describe yourself as someone who people get along with easily. Your responses suggest that you would say you are considerate and friendly, and think that other people are generally honest and decent."

"you seem to describe yourself as someone who is generally calm. Based on your responses, you come across as someone who can feel emotional or stressed out by some experiences, however your feelings tend to be warranted by the situation."

Does that answer the question? :)