• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adam and Eve

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I am not generally a supporter of war-certainly not war for war's sake but that was a just conflict in which the Argy aggressor got a bloody nose-and rightly so. The attitude of the Guardian at the time so disgusted me that I wrote a letter to them which was published-I still have the cutting. Since then I have refused to buy the paper for their lilly livered lack of support for the English population of the Falklands who were being bullied and attacked by the Argentinian war criminals.

Very good, pity you cannot be so bold about the lies and bigotry published by the mail.

Phantasman

If Eve is the mother of all living, was she the mother of Adam? was Adam the Father of Eve?
It's a myth.

Was Eve the mother of all the men and women in Nod?

Genesis:
15 And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
16 And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

Christ revealed a whole different view of the Eden myth. The catholics rejected it to creatae an orthodox view since it disputed Moses.

John 6:32
Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.

Only the Spirit (capital S) reveals the truth. Man didn't have it until Christ (not Jesus) gave it. John 20:22

Many scriptures were written due to this Spirit. Most rejected to see the OT instead, by people who never had it.

At least that is my view from a lifetime of seeking in all places, and not just the church.

Dantedeven

She was not the Mother of anyone-she did not exist, merely a fable from a Jewish fairytale book.

Odin's Leidgevende:
"Neen, Eva, zij was niet de moeder van wie dan ook - omdat zij niet bestond! Ja, Eva is alleen een fabeltje uit een oud Joods sprookjesboek!"

Mijn antwoord jegens de quotatie van "Odin's Leader" jegens mij, Dante, in mijne eigen taal geschreven.

Erg jammer, erg jammer. Het zijt volledig onnodig dat gij dit jegens mij spreekt, Wotans Krieger, of: Leidinggevende van Wodan de Vader. Maar het verhaal van Genesis zijt dichter bij de wetenschappelijke waarheid dan gij denkt. Denkt gij nou waarlijk dat de hedendaagse moderne technologie de verzegelde ultieme waarheid van de mensheid haar oorsprong kan achterhalen?...

Ach ja, het zijt zo, Leidinggevende van Odin. Ik zal dezen discussie laten varen, zoals een dode vikinglegende over het water vaart, Brandend. Zoals mijn voorvaderen de bloed adelaar verdraagden, brandend. Ja, ik ken uwe name, gij zijt naar een God genoemd. Want ik ken den tale waarin u uw name geschreven hebt goed. Het zijt geen geheim voor mij. Hij die een legendarische naam draagt zal alleen gezegend woorden wanneer dezen naam daadwerkelijk een erfgenaam is. Ja Mits het bewezen is. Niet omdat iemand de naam opeist.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
It's a myth.

Was Eve the mother of all the men and women in Nod?

Genesis:
15 And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
16 And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

Christ revealed a whole different view of the Eden myth. The catholics rejected it to creatae an orthodox view since it disputed Moses.

John 6:32
Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.

Only the Spirit (capital S) reveals the truth. Man didn't have it until Christ (not Jesus) gave it. John 20:22

Many scriptures were written due to this Spirit. Most rejected to see the OT instead, by people who never had it.

At least that is my view from a lifetime of seeking in all places, and not just the church.
seeking within the kingdom? or without?

sealchan

If Eve is the mother of all living, was she the mother of Adam? was Adam the Father of Eve?

Origin stories often reveal the rational problem of self-reference...one might take the out of understanding "all now living".

I think that the idea was thst the story teller wanted to invert the usual goddess notion that the goddess created all forms of life. Eve is taken out of the man Adam through a kind of divine surgery...and she was first and foremost an (obvious) solution to God's original problem with Adam. It is rather humorous actually if you can take the dethronement of the role of women in the divine realm without insult. In fact I think that humor in Genesis is often a sign that the author just did something subversive to the goddess tradition (consider Sarah's laugh).

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
As shown in previous posts, Neanderthal DNA makes up less than 3% of European genomes. The other 97% is descended from the African stem group. This is a case of Africans migrating to Europe followed by rare cross-breeding with neanderthals.
Guys... New Shimmer is a floor wax AND a dessert topping.

Kelly of the Phoenix

if you have have a thing of dough and divide it in to, to make two loaves, is anyone less a thing of dough? is anyone not taken from the other?
But calling her a mother before she's had any kids is like calling dough "bread". It's counting the chicken before it's hatched.

Ahhh...the children of Nod...from where did they come ?
I guess it's like how Barbie only ever has sisters and not daughters. Her poor mom, in her 90s, pumping out kid after kid ...

LOL.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
But calling her a mother before she's had any kids is like calling dough "bread". It's counting the chicken before it's hatched.

I guess it's like how Barbie only ever has sisters and not daughters. Her poor mom, in her 90s, pumping out kid after kid ...

LOL.
adam and eve were one whole loaf, until they were divided into male and female. imagine yin and yang, one part negative and one part positive. you can't really say one gave birth any more/less than the other. they are equals and polarities of one whole.

WalterTrull

Godfella
I think I'm getting this: Adam and Eve were loafers, so naturally, with nothing much to do, Eve got, you know. Then the evil Barbie showed up selling floor wax and dessert topping and boom, yin and yang, the original ornamental children. I always wondered about that. So we got polarities, which is really providential for Santa. Yeah, got it!

Segev Moran

Both statements are "true" in a way.
Adam and Eve were created as one entity.
The ripping of the bone is basically a physical tear of this one entity into two separate beings.

Eve represents the power of life. that is represented in females being pregnant in the physical realm.

So in a way, Eve is the "mother" of life as she got the "god" force of life creation.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Yah....I guess.
But ... from where did Nod come ?
Did they build houses back then ?
How does one weave cloth from fig leaves ?
Where did they get the thread ?
And the needles ??????
And also the daughters, or did I miss something ?
Ahhhh...the mystery of the myths !