• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abstinence-only Sex Education

Scott C.

Just one guy
To be real honest...

Im more worried about parents that are PROUD of their daughters who think a boy is "disgusting and repulsive" because he wants oral sex...Than I am about any teacher out their trying to give facts...

Love

Dallas

Then I would have to conclude that your values and mine in relation to pre-marital sex are quite different.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
That's ridiculous. My daughter is quite emotionally healthy and will do fine in marriage, I'm certain. I'm very glad that she finds boys who are looking for free sex to be disgusting.
What they should pay for it?! (Couldn't resist the set-up)

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Then I would have to conclude that your values and mine in relation to pre-marital sex are quite different.

It has nothing to do with values in relation to pre-marital sex..I personally believe abstinence for as long as you can..Mostly because young kids are having sex for the wrong reasons and hurting each other...

Our difference is you thinking its O.K for your daughter to attach the words"disgusting and repulsive" to a boy that desires sex or oral sex..

How is it so disgusting and repulsive before marriage..And a gift from God and a blessing and all natural and a beautiful thing after marriage?

And the term "every boy"...

Why dont you just come out and tell her all men are pigs just trying to get in her pants?

YES I know the raging hormones..Yes I know boys will sniff around and chase girls for sex...But why demonize them???..Why label them disgusting and repulsive?

Its the harshness of the words beign used to describe them ...You are talking about young boys who are NATURALLY curious and anxious about sex...

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

Watchmen

Premium Member
Can a distinction be made between "boys who are looking for free sex" and "boys who are naturally curious and anxious about sex"?????

Inky

YES I know the raging hormones..Yes I know boys will sniff around and chase girls for sex...But why demonize them???..Why label them disgusting and repulsive?

I agree. The problem is that "disgusting" and "repulsive" seem to be referring just to the fact that the boys are interested in having sex, while that's not the problem at all--the problem is whether they're harassing or pressuring people into having sex with them. As long as they understand a polite "no", there's nothing wrong with them wanting to do it with anyone.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
That's not helpful considering one phrase represents the way Scott framed the issue and the other phrase represents how you phrased the issue.

I didnt "phrase the issue"...

I took issue WITH the phrase "every boy" wanted his daughter to perform oral sex on his daugher and they were disgusting and repulsive....Period...

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I agree. The problem is that "disgusting" and "repulsive" seem to be referring just to the fact that the boys are interested in having sex, while that's not the problem at all--the problem is whether they're harassing or pressuring people into having sex with them. As long as they understand a polite "no", there's nothing wrong with them wanting to do it with anyone.

And apparently its "every boy"...and they "expect" her to give them oral sex..

I would ask ...what kind of boys is she hanging with?..Because "every boy" does NOT expect her to give them oral sex...And the ones that would be up for that are NOT repulsive and disgusting..(not all of them anyway)

Its a sweeping generalization of males...And its UNFAIR...Not only that...the ones that might like that are not "disgusting" for wanting it..IMHO..Misguided...Yes...Not disgusting and repulsive..

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
And as another mentioned...All sex is free...Unless you hire a prostitute..I dont pay for sex..Never have..And I've never "charged" either...

Love

Dallas

Inky

And as another mentioned...All sex is free...Unless you hire a prostitute..I dont pay for sex..Never have..And I've never "charged" either...

Love

Dallas

There's an idea that casual sex is men "getting it for free", which comes from the idea that men "pay" for sex with women by marrying them. It basically boils down to the belief that women have sex in exchange for stability and affection, so if they're having no-strings-attached sex they're not getting their piece of the deal. Because you know, women never want to have sex with a guy unless they're willing to marry him on the spot. :D That's not necessarily what the other posters had in mind, but it is something I hear bandied about quite often in euphemisms.

For some reason you never hear about all those girls getting free sex from their boyfriends. The nerve of them... :cover:

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
When you think about it, it's a very misogynistic view, as it reduces all women to either "sluts" or prostitutes.

Watchmen

Premium Member

Love

Dallas

Now you're taking things out of context - we all know Scott wasn't talking about $$$.

Scott C.

Just one guy
It has nothing to do with values in relation to pre-marital sex..I personally believe abstinence for as long as you can..Mostly because young kids are having sex for the wrong reasons and hurting each other...

Our difference is you thinking its O.K for your daughter to attach the words"disgusting and repulsive" to a boy that desires sex or oral sex..

How is it so disgusting and repulsive before marriage..And a gift from God and a blessing and all natural and a beautiful thing after marriage?

And the term "every boy"...

Why dont you just come out and tell her all men are pigs just trying to get in her pants?

Its the harshness of the words beign used to describe them ...You are talking about young boys who are NATURALLY curious and anxious about sex...

Love

Dallas

You're making too big of a deal out "disgusting", "repulsive", and "every boy". Actually, I don't know the exact words my daughter used, as it's been about 3 years, but she expressed her outrage that boys asked her to seriously violate the laws of God and the sanctity of the sexual relationship.

Sex out of marriage is a serious sin. No matter what anybody has to say on the subject to the contrary or how old fashion chastity may become, it remains the law of God.

Sex before marriage should be spiritually repulsive - I'm not suggesting that sex is physically repulsive, quite to the contrary, it's physically pleasurable - but one should be repulsed at the thought of giving up one's virtue. Of course it's natural to be curious about one's God given sex drive. It's a powerful and interesting drive. Curious boys and girls should be taught to bridle their passions until marriage.

When Joseph was tempted by Potiphar's wife, he fled. He literally ran from her. I bet he was "repulsed" by the thought of committing adultery. Again, that's not to say that he would have found the act to be physically repulsive, but he would have found the sin to be spiritually repulsive.

Last edited:

Inky

Well, in defense of sex without marriage, I've only heard one person say they did it and wish they hadn't. I've heard a few people say they waited until marriage to have sex, then realized that it wasn't as big a deal as people made it out to be, and now they wish they'd fooled around with a few boyfriends/girlfriends before getting hitched. All of the married people who I know now, who I've talked about sex with, did it before marriage and are quite content about it.

Also, it was incredibly shocking when the writer in that essay compared a college student having sex to a sniper murdering a dozen people, and suggested that we should react as if both things are equally bad. Shocking in a bad way.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
When you think about it, it's a very misogynistic view, as it reduces all women to either "sluts" or prostitutes.

Yes it it...

And :"every boy" is disgustingn and repulsive....

She can be "disgusting and repulsive" and give oral for free...OR she can "charge: for what the disgusting and repulsive boys want..(EVERY ONE OF THEM THAT HIS DAUAGHTER MEETS)

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Well, in defense of sex without marriage, I've only heard one person say they did it and wish they hadn't. I've heard a few people say they waited until marriage to have sex, then realized that it wasn't as big a deal as people made it out to be, and now they wish they'd fooled around with a few boyfriends/girlfriends before getting hitched. All of the married people who I know now, who I've talked about sex with, did it before marriage and are quite content about it.

Also, it was incredibly shocking when the writer in that essay compared a college student having sex to a sniper murdering a dozen people, and suggested that we should react as if both things are equally bad. Shocking in a bad way.

I had sex and I wished I hadnt...
Love

Dallas