• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abrahamic God

A Vestigial Mote

you should google the story of the blind men and the elephant.
I've heard it/read it. All it is, in the end, is you theists admitting that YOU ARE ALL BLIND when it comes to "God" (aka "the elephant"). Why would I listen to any of you if you have no idea what it is you are feeling/seeing/encountering? Until one of those blind men produced evidence that compelled me to believe their take on what the animal was, do you think I would take ANY ONE of their words for it? Ha! And no. No I wouldn't. Anything they said would be hearsay until it could be validated.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I've heard it/read it. All it is, in the end, is you theists admitting that YOU ARE ALL BLIND when it comes to "God" (aka "the elephant"). Why would I listen to any of you if you have no idea what it is you are feeling/seeing/encountering? Until one of those blind men produced evidence that compelled me to believe their take on what the animal was, do you think I would take ANY ONE of their words for it? Ha! And no. No I wouldn't. Anything they said would be hearsay until it could be validated.
blind,but not without other senses.

I blieve we have a god radar, but it is primitive and unevolved, like an eye that only sees light and dark. Thus we see God imperfectly, like the blind men in the story.