• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

About religion

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I have seen many who ask, is God real? Does God exist? Religion right or wrong?

And those who do believe in a God or a Buddha does their best to explain. And those who do not belive try to find a way to disprove God ( and that is ofcourse fine )

But just for the sake of a discussion.

If those who are believers must give a Proof about God or the religion to be true.
Can we ask those who does not believe about roof that God does not exist?

Ofcourse i respect those who not believe but sometimes i do get curious to their Proof of non existance.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It is a logical impossibility to prove a negative. The burden of proof lay with those who assert something exists.
Why? a Beleif on something spiritual as God is a personal belief and why is it needed to prove that God exist to those who do not believe? I tried 20 years to explain my buddhist view, but when talking to non believers what happens is a million questions that is impossible to answer since there is no physical eveidence i can give, only a wisdom to the answer :)

lukethethird

unknown member
Let's say it's proven that God exists, who cares?
Let's say it's proven that God does not exists, who cares?
It's meaningless to argue either way because it doesn't matter.

David T

Premium Member
"And those who do believe"

I have zero idea what believe not believe agnostic has to do with nature at all.. Oh they dont. Beliecers rely on historically written books, that they believe they understand and project that onto the landscape, atheists proclaim them experts on the topic god and then say"clearly its false". Atheists want their cake and eat it too i suppose, but you cant have it both ways and be consistent and atheism most certainly is not. Why? Because believers are their experts. Thus with the contradiction in atheism itself, belief has zero to do with the topic itself.

I believe i was sitting on a mountain,
Staring at a large lake.
I dont believe it was cold
There was no evidence, from My perch high above.
I was agnostic as to its wetness,
Until further evidence i will not commit, high above this very large lake,
I will believe, not believe, and be agnostic
All at the same time.
IMG_20181125_092608.jpg

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Anyone who believes they can logically prove either side doesn't understand what proof is. Saying it is proof isn't proof.

Eating from the tree of knowledge is forbidden.

Lol....interesting spin on the tree of knowledge. But technically that refered specifically to the knowledge of good and evil.

As in, doing evil. Understanding how things are was never what God is against.

But, again, you dont believe in any such tree. So, answer my question, why does it not matter?

Also, why did it matter enough to post about it?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

And those who do believe in a God or a Buddha does their best to explain. And those who do not belive try to find a way to disprove God ( and that is ofcourse fine )

If those who are believers must give a Proof about God or the religion to be true.

Ofcourse i respect those who not believe but sometimes i do get curious to their Proof of non existance.

The problem is how one might provide evidence of something that does not exist. It makes as much sense to an atheist who has been asked to prove that God doesn't exist as it does someone asking you to prove that Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, unicorns, or leprechauns do not exist.

The problem is how one might provide evidence of something that does not exist. It makes as much sense to an atheist who has been asked to prove that God doesn't exist as it does someone asking you to prove that Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, unicorns, or leprechauns do not exist.

I hear this argument all too often about leprechauns, santa claus, easter bunny, unicorns, but its a strawman argument because those things act in motion within time. The God hypotheses is a information wave. Conciousness, infinite, eternal, intelligence, static energy.

The evidence is design and order and laws.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
It's not a matter of "proof." It's just that unless your beliefs are justified, then they're unjustified.

Why would you? How do you think that this would help to support your beliefs?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I hear this argument all too often about leprechauns, santa claus, easter bunny, unicorns, but its a strawman argument because those things act in motion within time. The God hypotheses is a information wave. Conciousness, infinite, eternal, intelligence, static energy.

I'm not arguing against the existence of God. I am explaining why it makes no sense to ask an atheist to prove that God doesn't exist.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Things that are static do not do dynamic things, such as designing, creating, ordering, enacting laws, being conscious, or exercising intelligence.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It's not a matter of "proof." It's just that unless your beliefs are justified, then they're unjustified.

Why would you? How do you think that this would help to support your beliefs?

Do i need to seek justification to believe in the teaching of Buddha?
I do not need a proof for my belief because i do not doubt buddhism to be true.

It is always the non believers who ask for proof. Believers already have the proof they need in the spiritual scripture

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Do i need to seek justification to believe in the teaching of Buddha?
Only if you care about whether the things you believe are true.

I do not need a proof for my belief because i do not doubt buddhism to be true.
The mere fact that you were convinced doesn't necessarily mean you were convinced for good reasons.

It is always the non believers who ask for proof. Believers already have the proof they need in the spiritual scripture
Which is pretty hollow unless you have good reason to trust those scriptures. Do you?

Things that are static do not do dynamic things, such as designing, creating, ordering, enacting laws, being conscious, or exercising intelligence.

Thats true, they dont do dynamic things, UNTIL this energy creates time. If time is infinite then you got infinite regression, which means it take infinity for all events to happen, which means it never happen.

So, a infinite, eternal, energy that is aware or conciouse, can create time, then with time create everything else.

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Only if you care about whether the things you believe are true.

The mere fact that you were convinced doesn't necessarily mean you were convinced for good reasons.

Which is pretty hollow unless you have good reason to trust those scriptures. Do you?

Ofcourse i care about the teaching being true, that is the reason i study it every day. to gain a deeper understanding and wisdom from it.

The reason i have no doubt is because i see in my daily life that what is written in the scripture is actually happening in front of me and that the more i cultivate the teaching the more understanding of the spiritual (unseen) realms i gain.

Why would there be doubt of the scripture when i see what it say is actually giving me a bettter life

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

There is an inherent asymetry there, @Amanaki

People have goals and motivations informed by what they believe to be real, not by what they disbelieve in.

The only reason why it may be difficult to notice that there is no reason to even attempt to disprove God (or for that matter, Buddha) is because theistic proselitism has become so widely accepted (not out of any merits of its own).