• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

About finding money.

Would you take the money? or would you deliver it in the nearest shop in case the owner come back?

• Take the money and leave

• Give it to a shop in case owner comes back to look for the money.

• Leave it on the ground and walk away.

Results are only viewable after voting.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
My son once found a purse with £120 and some change. He handed it in to the local police station. After 3 months It hadn't been claimed so the police returned it to the finder. He split it between his sisters sisters and himself.

I understand that because of cutbacks the rules on lost property have changed in the UK. The police are saving money by no longer taking lost property.

Only last week i spotted a €20 note under the next table at a restaurant. I asked the waiter, he said the diners had left, he didnt know them. It paid for desert.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What would you do if you was out example in the city and you see a 100 Dollar laying on the ground?
Depends where I find it. Probably would talk to management to see if anyone inquired. If not , then kaching! My lucky day.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
My son once found a purse with £120 and some change. He handed it in to the local police station. After 3 months It hadn't been claimed so the police returned it to the finder. He split it between his sisters sisters and himself.

I understand that because of cutbacks the rules on lost property have changed in the UK. The police are saving money by no longer taking lost property.

Only last week i spotted a €20 note under the next table at a restaurant. I asked the waiter, he said the diners had left, he didnt know them. It paid for desert.
That would be different. If there was a wallet or purse, I would certainly hand it to a manager or a security guard if there is one with all its money intact.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
What would you do if you was out example in the city and you see a 100 Dollar laying on the ground?
My parents taught me, based on their understanding of the Bible books, to try to return it to the owner, and if there were no way to do so I could keep it. Following this principle I put various things into 'Lost & found'. The most precious thing I ever put into lost & found was a huge Swiss Army Knife. I was a boy scout at a summer camp, and you'd better believe I coveted it. My friends told me I should just keep it, too. I was pretty full of self loathing though, and the rule of putting it into lost and found made sense.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I actually found $100 US dollars on a trip to mexico once. I donated the money to charity.

I had a friend who lost his wallet last Friday. He's on a fixed income and disabled. I was actually taking him to a doctor's visit. The doctor was 1.5 hours away. We stopped at a fast food place to switch drivers and he unfortunately dropped his wallet in the process. Later, after the Dr.'s visit we decided to stop at a bulk store to buy a few items. He discovered his wallet missing. We sort of knew where he had to have left it and we drove all the way back to the fast food restaurant. Sure enough his wallet was there, along with the identification in it, but someone had taken the money, $700.00 + dollars. That was to pay his bills and groceries for the month. He had intended to stop and pay the bills but we never made it to the place where he does that before losing the wallet.

JJ50

If I have found a substantial amount of money, as I have done several times, I have taken it to the police station. A small amount I would put in a charity bin.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
If I have found a substantial amount of money, as I have done several times, I have taken it to the police station. A small amount I would put in a charity bin.

I rarely if ever carry more than £200 with me. It is not often that I use cash at all these days.
under £30 you can just tap your card in most places. larger sums you need to enter a pin.
I have not used cash at all in the past two weeks.
the UK is becoming a cashless society.
I have not even written a cheque for nearly three years.

sooda

Veteran Member
If it’s just a loose note on its own, there’s not really any way to determine whose it was. I’d look around for anyone who might have dropped it but failing that I’d probably pocket it (though I like the charity idea someone else mentioned). If it was in a wallet or purse, even without any identifying cards with it, I’d probably hand it in to somewhere suitable.

I got into a tangle with my purse and grocery bags in the checkout line at the grocery store last week and had dropped a $5... A cute little boy chased me across the store to return it.

I was very nearly speechless.