• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

About condeming others to hell.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
This topic is something that worries me a great deal.

How can humans condem each other to hell :confused: we are all in risk of going there ( if hell exist as in religious scripture)

Would it not be God who actually deside if a human goes to hell or heaven. Not our fellow human beings :confused:
Certainly humans can't say for sure where a given person is going and we have no right to make that decision, but we can warn people about where a given action may lead them.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This is not my belief but I note:
Rather than a physical place, hell is the state of those who freely and definitively separate themselves from God, the source of all life and joy."

C. S. Lewis' book, the Great Divorce, is written that way.
"All that are in Hell, choose it. Without that self-choice there could be no Hell. No soul that seriously and constantly desires joy will ever miss it. Those who seek find. To those who knock it is opened.”

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Oh crap, i am 43 year old and my body ach as heck already.....wonder how my 70s birthday gonna be :oops:
Hint from one that learned better: take care of your body now and your body will take care of you later. This means exercise and the rest of the good advice that flows freely from those who know.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Hint from one that learned better: take care of your body now and your body will take care of you later. This means exercise and the rest of the good advice that flows freely from those who know.
yup, i try to walk every day in the nature :) it reduced my weight a good part :)

GardenLady

C. S. Lewis' book, the Great Divorce, is written that way.
"All that are in Hell, choose it. Without that self-choice there could be no Hell. No soul that seriously and constantly desires joy will ever miss it. Those who seek find. To those who knock it is opened.”

And preceding that text, Lewis wrote: "There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, in the end, "Thy will be done."

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Not sure if i understood you correct :)
Do you feel the Topic/Questions was asked in a arrogant way? or do you mean those who think they are something special or condeming others are arrogant. :)
NO, topic is good and useful

Arrogant part is only for those who condemn others to Hell, thinking they are God themselves

And hence the both threads look a bit similar; both these people who act like this, behave arrogant, telling others they are wrong etc.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
NO, topic is good and useful

Arrogant part is only for those who condemn others to Hell, thinking they are God themselves

And hence the both threads look a bit similar; both these people who act like this, behave arrogant, telling others they are wrong etc.
The good thing about you seeing similarities in my OP`s is that than i am on a right track (in my view anyway)

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
Oh crap, i am 43 year old and my body ach as heck already.....wonder how my 70s birthday gonna be :oops:

The secret is to keep moving! Our bodies evolved in such a way that physical activity is vital (for the immune system too). So go for a run or bike ride, or something :)

stvdv

The good thing about you seeing similarities in my OP`s is that than i am on a right track (in my view anyway)
True if we both see it the same way, chances are it's right, unless we both have it terribly wrong:D. But in this case, that won't be the case:)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I had this challenge too, aching body from young age. My trick is to eat clean food
Pain usually starts when we eat more than the organs are capable of excreting
My diet is vegetarian now, and yes i do take some added vitamines and minerals, especially in winter time here in Norway. So this summer i hope to get back to cycling road cycle, and maybe a bit of running.

That would help on health in general i believe

stvdv

My diet is vegetarian now, and yes i do take some added vitamines and minerals, especially in winter time here in Norway. So this summer i hope to get back to cycling road cycle, and maybe a bit of running.

That would help on health in general i believe
Being vegetarian can be a major step for good health. I am not much into exercising. I do my shopping daily on bicycle; 10 km. But that's all.

When I was 20 I overdid on running, and got a knee injury, so I decided not te become the Dutch "Forrest Gump":D

The Golden Middle Way is the best for me. The Middle Way is of course different for each of us;)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Being vegetarian can be a major step for good health. I am not much into exercising. I do my shopping daily on bicycle; 10 km. But that's all.

When I was 20 I overdid on running, and got a knee injury, so I decided not te become the Dutch "Forrest Gump":D

The Golden Middle Way is the best for me. The Middle Way is of course different for each of us;)
Actually i belive the middle way is almost similar to everyone, but the level of what feels like middle may be different from person to person